Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't see how it can be that bad if men don't get told not to shave for the same reason.
---

Find someone on instagram whose style you like who has a similar body shape to you for inspo and same with make up - find someone with similar colouring to you and steal some ideas. Or (spendy option) go to somewhere like Space NK and get your make up done so you can get help to work out what you like and what suits you. Don't wait until you've lost weight to get new clothes, get a few bits now to help you feel good (you deserve to feel good now and for me, feeling good keeps me in a cycle of looking after myself well) and get as many accessories as you like to change things up and make the most of your existing wardrobe. I'm an hourglass as well and always look for things that go in at the waist - I find anything shapeless makes me feel big. Size 12/14 for someone who is 5"8 doesn't sound at all big anyway, but of course it is how you feel that matters. Good underwear will make a massive difference to how your clothes look on, so get measured for a bra if you haven't already.
For skincare, start with the basics, so cleansing properly every night, moisturise etc and work out your skin concerns then add in more targeted skincare, i.e retinol if you are worried about ageing etc. Good luck, I hope you are feeling your confident best soon!
Brilliant advice thank you. I would always hide away from anything that goes in at the waist because I have big hips which I hate. Thank you for the advice though. I might look at having my makeup done and then going to try on some clothes. I hadn’t thought of doing that before

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I got a lash lift today and they look amazing, however a few lashes haven't lifted as well as the others. She said to use a curler every now and then to get the shape back on the ones that haven't lifted.

I didn't think you could use curlers on them after this? Has anyone else used curlers after?

Reactions: 1
I got a lash lift today and they look amazing, however a few lashes haven't lifted as well as the others. She said to use a curler every now and then to get the shape back on the ones that haven't lifted.

I didn't think you could use curlers on them after this? Has anyone else used curlers after?
I’ve always been told not to use a curler or waterproof mascara after a lift

Reactions: 2

Was it your first time? If so it can take a few goes for some stubborn lashes to be trained into complying. Mine were the same, wouldn’t use a curler on them would just brush them up every day

Was it your first time? If so it can take a few goes for some stubborn lashes to be trained into complying. Mine were the same, wouldn’t use a curler on them would just brush them up every day
Yes it was my first time. Thank you, will do that instead 🙂

Brilliant advice thank you. I would always hide away from anything that goes in at the waist because I have big hips which I hate. Thank you for the advice though. I might look at having my makeup done and then going to try on some clothes. I hadn’t thought of doing that before
As someone who has the figure of an ironing board, I would kill to have a waist to flaunt! I understand you’re conscious of your hips but by flooding your waist you’re doing your gorgeous shape such a disservice. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm loving reading through this thread.
I wonder if anyone has any advice for false lashes? I keep seeing easy application magnetic ones advertised but not sure if they're a total con! Would love to hear from anyone with some knowledge on what works 🙂

I'm loving reading through this thread.
I wonder if anyone has any advice for false lashes? I keep seeing easy application magnetic ones advertised but not sure if they're a total con! Would love to hear from anyone with some knowledge on what works 🙂
The magnetic ones are ok but you need the eyeliner with them so you need to be good at putting it on. Also I find it hard to remove and the one I had goes thick and not nice in the bottle quite quickly

I like tatti lashes for temporary extensions. They last a few days but I'd even put them on just for one night instead of magnetic or strip lashes

My hairdresser advised me to use a good quality Shampoo and condition as my hair had no shine. So I bought the green kerastase shampoo and conditioner after reading amazing reviews online. I’ve used it 3/4 times now but I’ve found it’s made the top of my hair frizzy, has anyone else had this?

My hairdresser advised me to use a good quality Shampoo and condition as my hair had no shine. So I bought the green kerastase shampoo and conditioner after reading amazing reviews online. I’ve used it 3/4 times now but I’ve found it’s made the top of my hair frizzy, has anyone else had this?
I find the best kerastase for shine and frizz reduction is the pink/rose gold one... is it called fluide discipline?

I don't like to wear my good perfume to work so I buy Aldi ones. Just got the Poppy and Barley (Jo Malone dupe). It's lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m 34 this year and feel like I’m stuck in my early 20s with style and skincare/ makeup. I want to be more put together so I feel more confident and actually look my age. I read this thread daily but get so overwhelmed of where to begin.
Style wise I’m 5ft 8 size 12/14 pear or hourglass (trying to lose weight). Any advice for someone who is totally lost?
I’ve only just found this thread and I love ❤❤ how supportive and kind the comments are from people recommending products and ideas. I love all the replies to this question the most. I am in the same boat!! I feel like I’m stuck in 2011 with my fashion and don’t realise how far I am behind until I see TikTok’s teasing millennial fashion. I used to be really conscious of the size on the tag when trying stuff on, where I would buy the smaller size even if a bigger size actually was more flattering 🤦‍♀️ sizes are crap, they are varied across brands. These days I buy the one that is most flattering and cut the tag off when I get home, it helps with my confidence to look good without knowing numbers. I love the comment further up “don’t wait to lose weight, buy some pieces now” ❤ I also recommend shopping in thrift stores as you get unique clothes that aren’t the same factory department stuff. good luck, a style refresh is so exciting!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve only just found this thread and I love ❤❤ how supportive and kind the comments are from people recommending products and ideas. I love all the replies to this question the most. I am in the same boat!! I feel like I’m stuck in 2011 with my fashion and don’t realise how far I am behind until I see TikTok’s teasing millennial fashion. I used to be really conscious of the size on the tag when trying stuff on, where I would buy the smaller size even if a bigger size actually was more flattering 🤦‍♀️ sizes are crap, they are varied across brands. These days I buy the one that is most flattering and cut the tag off when I get home, it helps with my confidence to look good without knowing numbers. I love the comment further up “don’t wait to lose weight, buy some pieces now” ❤ I also recommend shopping in thrift stores as you get unique clothes that aren’t the same factory department stuff. good luck, a style refresh is so exciting!
I have just had a declutter. I took lots of stuff to charity shops with tags on one size smaller than I am. Bought because that was the size I wanted to be. Not the reality of the size I am. Kept in storage for a few years, taking up space and wasted my money. I agree - buy the size that is flattering to you now and wear it. Don’t hold off buying stuff because you are the wrong size. Life moves along swiftly. Don’t save anything for best. Obviously don’t wear your good stuff to anything messy but don’t hold back wearing the stuff you like.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yes!!
And I found it left a residue on my hair also when dry, didn’t like it AT ALL. It was an expensive mistake buy for me I’m afraid 😧

• Wow
So I've always struggled with my skin to a certain extent, and have taken the risk to order from the ordinary - any reviews?

Edit - I did the questionnaire on their website, and ordered these:
1682326294389.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.