Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have weaved sewn in extensions
I used to have nano rings but prefer the sewn in ones
I can’t imagine not having them now
I had them done as a treat after losing 52 pounds after lockdown and with the weight loss and new hair
I do look alot different
My natural hair was just pass my shoulders but wasnt growing anymore, probably an age thing as I will be 50 at the end of this year so pleased I did it
I go to the hairdressers every 5-6 weeks to have my colour done and the weave refitted x

Reactions: 8
Seriously considering a hair transplant. I take care of my hair religiously, eat well, take iron tablets, don't drink or do class A's, don't wear it up and it's still thin and tit AF. ☹

Reactions: 2
I'm a little confused about Skin + Me. I thought it was a whole personalised skincare regime, but is it just one product that you use alongside your usual moisturiser, serum etc? I keep seeing it everywhere (mostly through influencers, which tbh puts me off) but this thread seems to show more of the positives, and i'm wondering whether it's worth a go.

Although I really need to stop looking at this thread, definitely costing me a fortune

I'm a little confused about Skin + Me. I thought it was a whole personalised skincare regime, but is it just one product that you use alongside your usual moisturiser, serum etc? I keep seeing it everywhere (mostly through influencers, which tbh puts me off) but this thread seems to show more of the positives, and i'm wondering whether it's worth a go.

Although I really need to stop looking at this thread, definitely costing me a fortune
Yeah it's just one product tailored to your skin needs (most forumals include tretinoin, the prescription retinol). https://www.skinandme.com/info/support/routine/ this has some FAQs about fitting it in with your other skincare products.

Reactions: 3
I bought my very first callus removal socks today and am wearing them at the moment. I don’t think I’ve ever felt more stupid :ROFLMAO: Couldn’t figure out how the sticky strap was supposed to work, they are way too big as well, so I’ve put on anti-slip socks over them.

Don’t compare yourself and let it get you down. You never know someone’s full situation and their lifestyle! Their wages/mortgage or rent/smoker/drinker/social bunny/recluse. There are so many factors to take into consideration when thinking ‘how does one afford all this’. We’re also now in a generation where having a credit card/loan/debt is completely normalised. Don’t be fooled by what you see on social media. It took me a while to realise this but honestly, you’ll feel so much better for it x

Thanks this is literally it. I earn decent money as I said and so often think why is ….. getting ….. or going to this place when I know I can’t afford it.
---

They do a cleanser & moisturiser which is either light or rich. I think that is £30 for 6 weeks supply
Then the daily doser is specific to you. So if you want just this which is £24.99 a month you’d still need to pay for a cleanser / moisturiser / spf. The daily doser is instead of using serums.

So I've been using skin and me for a few days now. I want to say 5 days or so? And my chin is now pretty much one huge spot. I had a couple spots before I started using it, but now it's in the worst state it's been in a long time. Really hope it's only purging and it will get better 😭

• Sad
Can I ask do people make an effort with clothes every day? I wish I could but always find myself in leggings and jumpers and just look frumpy

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can I ask do people make an effort with clothes every day?
I do, partly because it's how I was raised, partly because it boosts my confidence. My advice would be to find nice but still comfortable clothes. If you like leggings+jumper, switch your leggings for some trousers or maybe some skirt/skort with tights. You can buy some soft, delicate jumper (my local 2nd hand store always have tons of cashmere-like one for like 5-10 euros, so it doesn't have to cost you an arm). Or you can add some accessories to your legging+jumper combo, a nice bag/shoes/scarves/jewelry can change a look.

Reactions: 10
Can I ask do people make an effort with clothes every day? I wish I could but always find myself in leggings and jumpers and just look frumpy
If they’re comfy, just elevate them - I wear sweaty Betty leggings and Gary’s (yoga trousers which are a bit like jogging bottoms) with a sweatshirt and gold jewellery. Maybe search images of athleisure?

Or swap leggings for chinos which are in for spring, with some neutral vests / white shirt.

Pinterest is great for ideas.

Reactions: 7
You could always switch the jumper for a blazer and add a nice necklace.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend a good fake tan please? I usually use Bondi Sands gradual but I'd like something I can just stick on a night or two before going somewhere ideally.

Can anyone recommend a good fake tan please? I usually use Bondi Sands gradual but I'd like something I can just stick on a night or two before going somewhere ideally.
I use the standard Bondi Sands and have had great results. I usually use St Tropez but BS is so much cheaper!

It pains me to say because I’m not a fan of Molly Mae, but Filter is genuinely the best fake tan I’ve ever used!

Repeating what others have said but I think you can definitely amp up your everyday clothes without it being too much of an effort. Maybe a smarter sneaker or a new-to-you vintage sweatshirt or knit jumper or replacing your old white tee with a new crisp one? Little things like that. I like the idea of maybe just putting a bit of jewellery on too.

I also think even comfy clothes can look more 'effort' like if you are a bit groomed with hair and makeup. I like to have some easy hairstyles for those can't be bothered days. Normally either a pony with a hair ribbon or a french braid. With makeup I have my bare essentials too: tinted moisturiser or skin tint, brow gel, mascara, cream blush for lips and cheeks, a sweep of a glowy bronzer. Also find getting my lashes tinted/lifted and my browns shaped and tinted does a wonder for my face even if I don't have any other makeup on.

Edited to add: I also have plenty of days I do nothing at all.

Reactions: 11
Ooh is it really? Which shade do you use? Does it fade nicely instead of patch off?
I have it in dark and find it buildable depending how dark I want to be! I’m very pale naturally but it still doesn’t look too much on me. I’ve found it fades really nicely, sometimes a little patchy in my elbow crease but I get that all the time. I’ve never put it on and it look uneven/patchy, it’s so easy to apply🤩

Reactions: 1
Thanks this is literally it. I earn decent money as I said and so often think why is ….. getting ….. or going to this place when I know I can’t afford it.
---

They do a cleanser & moisturiser which is either light or rich. I think that is £30 for 6 weeks supply
Then the daily doser is specific to you. So if you want just this which is £24.99 a month you’d still need to pay for a cleanser / moisturiser / spf. The daily doser is instead of using serums.
It seems quite pricey, as in I don't think i'd be spending £55 a month on cleanser, moisturiser, and a serum - but maybe I am not using enough. I've seen so many people talking about it, but most of them influencers, so wonder if it is really as good as everyone says!

So I've been using skin and me for a few days now. I want to say 5 days or so? And my chin is now pretty much one huge spot. I had a couple spots before I started using it, but now it's in the worst state it's been in a long time. Really hope it's only purging and it will get better 😭
I am sure it's just purging, as it always happens with new skincare, but it's such a horrible feeling when your skin is worse than before you were making an effort. I hope it gets better soon and you start seeing results!
---
Has anyone ever tried Klira skincare? I just tried their online quiz, which is much more comprehensive that Skin + Me's, but it is very pricey - the reviews are all super positive though! https://klira.skin/

Last edited:
i'm interested to know what everyone's biggest beauty splurge has been recently? i'm not necessarily talking hundreds and hundreds of pounds, just something you wouldn't ordinarily treat yourself to. wanting to do the same but nothing's really springing to mind!

I’m in the process of getting laser hair removal on my underarms. I’ve always suffered with ingrown hairs and have been getting regular waxes for the last year, but my underarms still bother me. I’m 2 sessions in and it’s definitely becoming patchy. Planning on getting legs and bikini done next year, but will wait till summer is out the way and continue to wax as it’s shaving only once you start.

I use Bondi Sands every week with the dark foam tan but find the smell is really strong even after me only having it on for a few hours and showering.

Does the Molly Mae tan smell after it’s washed off? I used to use St tropez but haven’t for years wondering if I should switch it up to give my nose a break from that hamster cage smell that lingers :LOL:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.