Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't say can't buy elsewhere, but some of the apothecary brands are cheaper, depending on where you normally are. Bioderma, Avène, La Roche-Posay come to my mind :)
I love picking up Biafine when I am in France. It's my go to for sunburn treatment (I am pale and use SPF but inevitably get burnt at least once every summer :LOL:).

View attachment 2030775

Also La Roche Posay does a decent mascara I believe? I haven't seen it in the UK (but could have missed it!)
I'm not enough of a makeup fan to recommend specific brands but if I were you I'd go to les Galeries Lafayette/Monoprix/Nocibé/Sephora and have a look around. You may also want to go to pharmacies or biocoops (organic shops), they tend to have smaller brands. Hope you had a great time in France !
Thank you all, great ideas! ☺ I’ve decided to buy LPR skincare as that’s what I usually use, and I will also try and find the mascara @mindlessness has mentioned — I actually need a new mascara! France has been great so far, I wish I spoke better French though as it would have made things so much easier 😅

Reactions: 5
Is anyone else doing Skin and me?

I’ve just ordered. Trying to have a glow up, my skin is so dull at the moment.

Reactions: 2

I just got mine yesterday and used it for the first time! I want to get rid of acne. It's not crazy bad or anything but never have completely clear skin.

For those who have been using it, how long did it take to see effects?

I just got mine yesterday and used it for the first time! I want to get rid of acne. It's not crazy bad or anything but never have completely clear skin.

I’ve used it for 4 months and it’s changed my life!! My skin has never been so clear and I finally feel like I don’t need to wear foundation every day! I noticed results in the first few weeks, but be prepared for your skin to purge at first! I recommend getting a really hydrating moisturiser. I find I have to put a bit of moisturiser on my particularly dry areas before applying skin and me, then moisturise properly after.
Honestly I’d recommend it to anyone! Just stick with it through any initial break out

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Make sure your skin is bone dry after cleansing, I then use my skin&me. Wait 20 mins apply a hydrating serum and moisturiser x

i love skin & me!

i started seeing a difference before I finished my first dose!

i didnt have problematic skin like spots etc, just dry and dull,I definitely saw the glow after a couple of weeks.

hope you get a good result

My wee mum is looking for a vegan friendly face wash and cream that preferably smell of lavender. Any suggestions?

• Heart
Not sure if they sell it where you live but Garnier has a vegan face cream with lavender. IIRC Ren used to have a lavender line, but not sure if it's discontinued.

Reactions: 1
Guys it's so expensive and I don't even know if they ship to France 😭 But the rave here is incredible! what do I do? 😭
8A8FDE91-CF56-4A91-8036-F9EBACD6C398.jpeg

@Agent Cooper Go to Citypharma near Saint Germain des Près (Rue du Four), it's always packed with people and tourists but the prices are INSANE. All the sunscreams and products are unbelievably cheap. Anyone who is a beauty/skincare addict and comes to Paris should visit it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Guys it's so expensive and I don't even know if they ship to France 😭 But the rave here is incredible! what do I do? 😭
View attachment 2035683

@Agent Cooper Go to Citypharma near Saint Germain des Près (Rue du Four), it's always packed with people and tourists but the prices are INSANE. All the sunscreams and products are unbelievably cheap. Anyone who is a beauty/skincare addict and comes to Paris should visit it.
They seem to do sales reasonably regularly so I would hold off until there's a code or sale if you want to try it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
can anyone recommend comfy bras for bigger breasts? I gave up with bras a while ago cos they were so uncomfortable and I couldn't stand them, but would now like a little more support but don't want to feel like i'm wearing a bra.

can anyone recommend comfy bras for bigger breasts? I gave up with bras a while ago cos they were so uncomfortable and I couldn't stand them, but would now like a little more support but don't want to feel like i'm wearing a bra.
I really rate Asda t-shirt bras, really comfortable and affordable.

Reactions: 3
the absolute key is retinol. Start with something low % if you don’t already use it. Then I’d recommend getting on skin and me or Dermatica and getting a Tretonin prescription
I've started on retinol and I'm nearly at the end of the first tube so now applying every night. I went for Medik8 in the end.

Evening - retinol all over face, followed by retinoate day/night cream.

Retinol under eye serum

Morning - Vitamin C serum, followed by retinoate day/night cream.

Definitely noticed an improvement in my skin and I know 100% for sure it's working as my husband said to me this morning that I'm glowing and he never notices anything 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeh it didnt do much for me apart from make my skin a bit sore 😩 it gets rid of SOME hair and makes yor skin smooth but it feels rough for me about a couple of hours later.
I did buy a cheaper one so maybe a more expensive one will be better?
Mine just arrived and it seems to have done a good job, all the hairs came out straight away - skin did feel a bit sore but went away after moisturising. I think I’m a convert but will see how the hairs grow back!

Reactions: 4
Is anyone wearing press-on nails?

Posted here before about my uneven nails (slightly trapezoid, but not all of them) and me simply not being good at doing them. Wondering whether press-ons would be a good alternative to going to a salon, as I don't want to do that.

Mine just arrived and it seems to have done a good job, all the hairs came out straight away - skin did feel a bit sore but went away after moisturising. I think I’m a convert but will see how the hairs grow back!
amazing, maybe i should have invested in a more pricier one then 🤣

Space nk has almost 20% of everything. Instead of stocking up the Charlotte tilbury cream from there, I bought the £10 revolution one to try. 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Space nk has almost 20% of everything. Instead of stocking up the Charlotte tilbury cream from there, I bought the £10 revolution one to try. 🤞🏻
I’ve just bought that too.
---
Has anyone tried these hair removal exfoliators? I’ve just ordered one, really hoping it works
Ooh looks interesting. I’m getting so much fine hair at the moment which I think is pcos. Is so annoying

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.