Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you girlies share your smoothie recipes please 🙏❤
I always use blueberries, strawberries and pineapple. Other things that go in depending on what I've got in the house so mango, banana, kiwi as well. I put some no concentrate OJ in as well just to help it liquidise. I like to add as many colours as I can to my smoothies.

Reactions: 4
I use up whatever fresh fruit is starting to turn, frozen banana, spinach and kale, pineapple and kiwi, or a dark fruit mix, almond milk, a dash of water and apple juice, scoop of green powder, collagen and pea protein.

• Heart
I don’t follow recipes so the taste can be hit or miss. I always like to have a lot of frozen bits to get the texture right. Frozen banana, frozen milk cubes & frozen OJ can all be the base. Fruit is mostly strawberries, mango, banana, blueberry because I get the best price on those!

edit: And I’ve started to include a little bit of oil
My head feels funny after having a smoothie but this helps, I don’t know why

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I've been drinking fruit smoothies I make in my blender every morning for past 2 weeks. I'm generally quiet a healthy eater anyways (my body just rejects bad food). I make sure there's a litres worth of fruit in there and honestly my sleeps improved (always been a bad sleeper) and my face looks that bit more pretty. 10/10 recommend.
I need to get back in to AM smoothies! I found it a really helpful way to up my daily fruit and veg. You've inspired me!

My go to when I last made them regularly was frozen mango, frozen avocado 1/2, loads of fresh kale, dollop of Peanut butter, 1/4 cup oats, almond milk (I like the oats for a low gi carb, and the PB for taste/fat source).

• Heart
I don’t follow recipes so the taste can be hit or miss. I always like to have a lot of frozen bits to get the texture right. Frozen banana, frozen milk cubes & frozen OJ can all be the base. Fruit is mostly strawberries, mango, banana, blueberry because I get the best price on those!

edit: And I’ve started to include a little bit of oil
My head feels funny after having a smoothie but this helps, I don’t know why
Blood sugar spike is causing the funny head. The oil helps stabilise blood sugars. Could add a scoop of protein powder or some source of protein too? Will help balance it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Blood sugar spike is causing the funny head. The oil helps stabilise blood sugars. Could add a scoop of protein powder or some source of protein too? Will help balance it out.
Yes, I add protein, hemp or whey, too! I need to sort out a healthy biscuit recipe tbh to help manage the sugar spikes. Brown rice, steel cut oats, etc. I’m starting to feel the benefit of all of it these days

Reactions: 2
Someone told me yesterday that I’ve been looking tired for ages! 😞
I am tired, but if anyone has any recommendations for a make up look that makes me look more fresh and alert, I’d be grateful 😂
Also, has any tried colladeen supplements? I’m tempted but I don’t want to waste the money if they’re nothing special.
Get yourself an ice roller from Amazon!! Amazing for wakening the face up and a great de puffing effect. Also tell that person to f*ck off if they say that again 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I've just had delivered my brow lamination kit, does anyone who's DIY'd themselves have any tips or good tutorial links? Also I'm trying to go ash blonde its a bit yellow still (had it done at hairdressers dark but going grey) can it be removed with a toner or do I need wait until the yellow gets bleached again to achieve this? Thanks - I'm not very knowledgeable on these things at all.
May I ask what one you bought please? It's something I want to try doing myself

Get yourself an ice roller from Amazon!! Amazing for wakening the face up and a great de puffing effect. Also tell that person to f*ck off if they say that again 😂😂😂
Thank you 😊
I did think it was a bit blunt 😳 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Is getting a lashlift really worth it? The before and after photos always look too good to be true, but i'd love to make my lashes look longer and not as straight as they are.
Also considering UKLash... someone on this thread a while ago said that they weren't sure if there were harmful ingredients in it, did we debunk that? The website says it's all natural, so just want to make sure before I buy...

edit: just googled UKLash and found a blog post about prostaglandin, and apparently UKLash contains a type of this called Isopropyl Cloprostenate. It can cause side effects like dry eyes, eye inflammation, swelling of the retina, fat atrophy around the eyes - I don't suppose anyone has any info on this, and has anyone had any such side effects?

Is getting a lashlift really worth it? The before and after photos always look too good to be true, but i'd love to make my lashes look longer and not as straight as they are.
I always have a lash lift before my holidays as I hate wearing eye make up when it’s hot and I’m going to be in and out of the water. Well worth it imo, my lashes are rubbish but with a lash lift I never use mascara during the daytime on holiday.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Also considering UKLash... someone on this thread a while ago said that they weren't sure if there were harmful ingredients in it, did we debunk that? The website says it's all natural, so just want to make sure before I buy...

edit: just googled UKLash and found a blog post about prostaglandin, and apparently UKLash contains a type of this called Isopropyl Cloprostenate. It can cause side effects like dry eyes, eye inflammation, swelling of the retina, fat atrophy around the eyes - I don't suppose anyone has any info on this, and has anyone had any such side effects?
I’ve been using it since December with no issues x

• Heart
What ice roller did you go for? I can’t decide between the giant ice cube one or the actual roller

What ice roller did you go for? I can’t decide between the giant ice cube one or the actual roller
I would say it really depends on what area you would like it for. I got some cyro globe shaped ones for under my eyes as they can be quite puffy in the mornings lol and I also got a roller type for my cheeks/forehead which I find good for wakening me up and also if feeling headachey lol you can get cheap ones on Amazon btw, don’t spend big money

• Heart
I would say it really depends on what area you would like it for. I got some cyro globe shaped ones for under my eyes as they can be quite puffy in the mornings lol and I also got a roller type for my cheeks/forehead which I find good for wakening me up and also if feeling headachey lol you can get cheap ones on Amazon btw, don’t spend big money
Oh yeah I have every home device going lol, I’m not splurging on a giant ice cube lol! Do you rate the roller? On TikTok all the gals have these huge ice cube ones, which I don’t mind the idea of. I pop the jade roller in the fridge when I remember so just wondering how much more I need in my life

• Haha
Oh yeah I have every home device going lol, I’m not splurging on a giant ice cube lol! Do you rate the roller? On TikTok all the gals have these huge ice cube ones, which I don’t mind the idea of. I pop the jade roller in the fridge when I remember so just wondering how much more I need in my life
It is lovely tbh I like doing it before my make up… you need this gadjet to add to your collection 😂

Does anyone else have permanent rougher / sometimes sore skin on their bottom lip? My top lip is totally normal but I feel even when I’m hydrated and haven’t been biting them, I can detect some rougher skin on my bottom lip. Any tips to sort it out if so? It’s not cracked or dry, and I fear I’ve permanent damaged them by biting them for years.

Related question - any tips on not lip biting any more?!

• Heart
Does anyone take marine collagen supplements? I want to try them for my skin and hair but I’ve seen mixed reviews. Someone I know said it made their breasts swollen and I really don’t need that 😕
I’ve been taking collagen supplements from My Vitamins for about seven months and I’ve had no side effects whatsoever. Obviously, everyone is different but I’ve experienced nothing but good things. My hair is a lot thicker and healthier and growing like weeds, my nails are no longer peeling and breaking and my skin is so soft!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.