Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Primark have ice rollers in at the moment. I can't remember exactly how much they are, but not that expensive if anyone wanted to try them out. I haven't used them myself so can't comment, but might be worth a look.

Reactions: 6
The ice rollers are also amazing if you get headaches/migraines/sore jaw from clenching. I have one in my freezer and it feels so nice to roll it on my face to ease the pain. I bought one from Amazon for £9, but I think they're all the same really.

Reactions: 6
Would you mind sharing what version of the mitt you bought?

Also does anyone recommend a good but not expensive eyebrow tint?
Yes of course, it was this one, which someone linked to previously: Amazon product

For the eyebrow tint, I can't recommend Schwarzkopf Brow Tint enough. You only need half of what they suggest, so their 10-application box does you for 20, and it lasts well. It's never caused any sensitive skin flare-ups either: Amazon product

Reactions: 4
Reporting back on the the lash lift kit, I did it on my daughter first, relative success, but my god it was fiddly, and some. of the hairs wouldn't stick, the silicone lifts wouldn't stay in place. Tried on one eye earlier to see if I could manage doing it on myself, my eyes kept watering so abandoned mission. I'll wait until my eldest is back next week for her to try on me. Has anyone managed to do this on themselves? Brow's were so easy.

Reactions: 1
Reporting back on the the lash lift kit, I did it on my daughter first, relative success, but my god it was fiddly, and some. of the hairs wouldn't stick, the silicone lifts wouldn't stay in place. Tried on one eye earlier to see if I could manage doing it on myself, my eyes kept watering so abandoned mission. I'll wait until my eldest is back next week for her to try on me. Has anyone managed to do this on themselves? Brow's were so easy.
Even my professional beauty person struggled to get the silicone to stick. I’d really get someone to do it for you, if you lose your eyesight because of it…. Not worth it.

Does anyone know if Estée Lauder Advanced Night Serum has retinol- thanks
I don’t think so, the main ingredients are hyaluronic acid and peptides IIRC.

ETA: here is the full list of ingredients from Estee Lauder’s official website:
Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Peg-8, Propanediol, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Methyl Gluceth-20, Glycereth-26, Peg-75, Butylene Glycol, Adansonia Digitata Seed Extract, Tripeptide-32, Sodium Hyaluronate, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lactobacillus Ferment, Cola Acuminata (Kola) Seed Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Algin, Pantethine, Caffeine, Lecithin, Sodium Rna, Bisabolol, Squalane, Glycerin, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-3, Oleth-5, Choleth-24, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Jojoba Wax Peg-120 Esters, Ceteth-24, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium Edta, Bht, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (Ci 14700), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Reactions: 2
Forehead wrinkles folks…

I’m considering baby Botox because my forehead wrinkles are really starting to make me feel a bit insecure (I wouldn’t notice them on anyone else, it’s entirely about me!). But because I get to there, does anyone have any holy grail moisturisers/ tips? The big thing for me is when I put my foundation on (Nars)the lines seem super obvious, so it could also be a foundation issue so if anyone has hydrating moisturiser tips they would be lovely too 😂
I’m not quite 30 yet so would like to put off the Botox for a little while longer if I can 😬

The ice rollers are also amazing if you get headaches/migraines/sore jaw from clenching. I have one in my freezer and it feels so nice to roll it on my face to ease the pain. I bought one from Amazon for £9, but I think they're all the same really.
Also fantastic for sinuses! Its only thing that gives me relief.

Reactions: 4
Forehead wrinkles folks…

I’m considering baby Botox because my forehead wrinkles are really starting to make me feel a bit insecure (I wouldn’t notice them on anyone else, it’s entirely about me!). But because I get to there, does anyone have any holy grail moisturisers/ tips? The big thing for me is when I put my foundation on (Nars)the lines seem super obvious, so it could also be a foundation issue so if anyone has hydrating moisturiser tips they would be lovely too 😂
I’m not quite 30 yet so would like to put off the Botox for a little while longer if I can 😬
What kind of foundation do you wear? full coverage or light?

I have the same issue with my forehead and trying to delay botox, so i just avoid putting any foundation on my forehead tbh.

If i do want a bit more coverage for a night out a good primer helps. Avoid all setting powders etc.

you could also try retinol/tret if you have fine lines

Forehead wrinkles folks…

Maybe try a BB cream? I moisturise religiously and am 41, the only wrinkles I have are my frown lines in between my eyebrows and I find that full coverage foundation sits on my face like a mask and makes me look much older. And that includes il makiage, waste of money!

I use a tinted BB cream then a mineral powder over top and it looks light but even. For events I use YSL touché eclat for under eyes/occasional spots which is great. I use a mineral powder blush also. Hold out on the Botox! (Also try a primer, YSL do one which is great).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Maybe try a BB cream? I moisturise religiously and am 41, the only wrinkles I have are my frown lines in between my eyebrows and I find that full coverage foundation sits on my face like a mask and makes me look much older. And that includes il makiage, waste of money!

I use a tinted BB cream then a mineral powder over top and it looks light but even. For events I use YSL touché eclat for under eyes/occasional spots which is great. I use a mineral powder blush also. Hold out on the Botox! (Also try a primer, YSL do one which is great).
Thank you - I do love the YSL primer but yes I think maybe the full coverages isn’t doing any favours. I’ll defs try a BB cream thank you!
---
What kind of foundation do you wear? full coverage or light?

I have the same issue with my forehead and trying to delay botox, so i just avoid putting any foundation on my forehead tbh.

If i do want a bit more coverage for a night out a good primer helps. Avoid all setting powders etc.

you could also try retinol/tret if you have fine lines
yeah usually full coverage unless it’s summer when I’ll go for a tinted moisturiser - thank you for the tips ☺

Forehead wrinkles - why not get a fringe rather than botox?
So I have bangs but not a full fringe - I’ve had a full fringe before but it just doesnt

Anyone here with experience with press on nails?

I’m considering getting these, but I’ve never used any press ones before - thought on them?
Amazon product

Anyone here with experience with press on nails?

I’m considering getting these, but I’ve never used any press ones before - thought on them?
Amazon product
They’re okay, for a night out, but in my experience they don’t last more than a day or so. The glue isn’t very long lasting. Maybe they’d be better with a better glue. But the length and fit are good.

If you want long lasting nails a dip system over acrylic tips will last 10+ days :) (I’m a nail tech but it’s not my day job!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.