Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m tempted by this it usually retails at £249.99

Does anyone have this one? I used Philips Sonic many years ago, but there are different models now

Amazon product
I bought a Foreo toothbrush and love it. Much better than my oral b.
It has bristles that clean the teeth and silicon ones at the sides that massage the gums

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone take marine collagen supplements? I want to try them for my skin and hair but I’ve seen mixed reviews. Someone I know said it made their breasts swollen and I really don’t need that 😕
I bought collagen powder after reading about it here. I went for the marine one. I honestly didn't think I would see results but my nails were visibly different. The older ones at the top weren't as white as the new growth at the bottom and they seemed shiner . I need to get back to it though as I haven't been taking them regularly - still am on my second box since the middle of December. 🤣

Bought off amazon Gloh.

Amazon product

Reactions: 3
I’ve mentioned this podcast before… (#spon) and they did an episode on collagen. Interestingly it’s not scientifically possible for collagen to improve hair and nails, and is likely to be down to other stuff that’s in the supplements. A lot of people (as seen on this thread!) do say they notice a difference in hair and nails after taking it though.

Only mentioning because the collagen I looked at was so expensive and for hair/nails it might be cheaper to look at other supplements. I’ve not completely given up on collagen, but it seems like it might be a bit of a con 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Vitamin C after Hyaluronic acid.

Its best to apply hyaluronic acid to your face when its a little damp as well so its can suck in all the hydration when it sinks into your skin.

If you have the time in the AM, its always best to wait a few minutes between each step so the skin has time to absorb.

How is the Cosrx cleanser? I love their products, yet to try this- would it be suitable for dry skin?
Thank you so much!

I really like the Cosrx cleanser - most leave my skin feeling tight but this one is great. Definitely worth a try.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you @adviseplz @rainbowlemon @EllsBellsWells for your advice! 😊 I’ve decided to get a bottle of marine collagen and just stop taking it if I notice any strange side effects. I’m a little wary of starting new supplements because the last time I started taking some for hair growth, I ended up getting weird hairs above my top lip and nearly transformed into Basil Fawlty 😅

Also, I used Avon’s Moisturising Instant Self-Tan Lotion for the first time yesterday and I must say it’s quite nice. Quick to absorb, easy to apply and not too greasy, it is scented though and a bit shimmery. I was a bit sceptical about Avon products but this one is quite good — not as good as Dove Gradual Tan but still worth trying.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had a lash lift and tint this evening and really happy with them. The woman was absolutely lovely and was impressed with my lashes, so much that she bought UKLash while my treatment was processing. Hoping the results are even better tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Apologies if it’s already been said, but I’ve been suffering with a really dry, flaky scalp. Tried absolutely everything and was on the verge of shaving my hair off… until I discovered the simple shampoo and conditioner. Not a single flake since I started using it two weeks ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I had a lash lift and tint this evening and really happy with them. The woman was absolutely lovely and was impressed with my lashes, so much that she bought UKLash while my treatment was processing. Hoping the results are even better tomorrow.
My UKlash arrived this week!! How long before you saw results?

I see they have a hair serum out now too... wonder would that help with post partum hair loss 😬😬😬

Reactions: 2
You guys are not good for my bank balance, i’ve just had to buy Uklash too 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I bought uklash a few weeks ago and can definitely see a difference!

Let’s talk nails! I’m back having gels done after a hiatus for splitting, and I’ve always stuck to classics - either micro French or dark red/rouge noir.

I’m not a colourful person (I wear black/tan/ white) so any suggestions which would suit? I work in the city so it needs to look smart and block colour (no nail art.)

I’m overwhelmed on Pinterest!

Reactions: 4
Someone told me yesterday that I’ve been looking tired for ages! 😞
I am tired, but if anyone has any recommendations for a make up look that makes me look more fresh and alert, I’d be grateful 😂
Also, has any tried colladeen supplements? I’m tempted but I don’t want to waste the money if they’re nothing special.

• Heart

Let’s talk nails! I’m back having gels done after a hiatus for splitting, and I’ve always stuck to classics - either micro French or dark red/rouge noir.

I’m not a colourful person (I wear black/tan/ white) so any suggestions which would suit? I work in the city so it needs to look smart and block colour (no nail art.)

I love a natural nude colour, always looks lovely and fresh. I love reds too but i find i get bored with those colours really quickly 🤣

Probably more of a winter colour but I saw a lady with navy nails and it looked SO good! Her hands looks lovely and classy can’t wait for winter to try it 🤣

• Heart
I love a natural nude colour, always looks lovely and fresh. I love reds too but i find i get bored with those colours really quickly 🤣

Probably more of a winter colour but I saw a lady with navy nails and it looked SO good! Her hands looks lovely and classy can’t wait for winter to try it 🤣
Good shout! I’ll look at navy and maybe a brighter red?

I’ve been loving a nice terracotta colour for hands and feet (like a smoky burnt orange). Close enough to red that it goes with most work looks but unusual.

Eta image

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I have a really murky dark green Chanel shade that reads almost black but looks more interesting against a black outfit. That or dark navy for me.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.