Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a really murky dark green Chanel shade that reads almost black but looks more interesting against a black outfit. That or dark navy for me.
I love Chanel and YSL colours - will look for inspo thanks (never thought of Green but sounds lovely!)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Someone told me yesterday that I’ve been looking tired for ages! 😞
I am tired, but if anyone has any recommendations for a make up look that makes me look more fresh and alert, I’d be grateful 😂
Also, has any tried colladeen supplements? I’m tempted but I don’t want to waste the money if they’re nothing special.
Caffeine eye serum if you have eye bags, vitamin c serum makes my skin all glowy (people have been complimenting me for it) and I don't wear blush but my friend does and she always looks healthy and lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Someone told me yesterday that I’ve been looking tired for ages! 😞
I am tired, but if anyone has any recommendations for a make up look that makes me look more fresh and alert, I’d be grateful 😂
Also, has any tried colladeen supplements? I’m tempted but I don’t want to waste the money if they’re nothing special.
Do you curl your lashes? I find it really opens up the eye and makes me look much fresher and alert. Most days, I don't even wear mascara, just curl them and it lasts the whole day.
If I'm looking especially worn out, I put on a bit of blush - best for me is a rosewood colour. Not too noticeable, but I look like I have some blood in me.
Get your hands on a vitamin C sheet mask - they're amazing! Make your skin glow, plump, etc and there's no need to spend a lot of money on them. I get some from Balea (local drugstore brand) for 0.90€ a piece and they're bomb.

• Heart
Caffeine eye serum if you have eye bags, vitamin c serum makes my skin all glowy (people have been complimenting me for it) and I don't wear blush but my friend does and she always looks healthy and lovely.
Do you curl your lashes? I find it really opens up the eye and makes me look much fresher and alert. Most days, I don't even wear mascara, just curl them and it lasts the whole day.
If I'm looking especially worn out, I put on a bit of blush - best for me is a rosewood colour. Not too noticeable, but I look like I have some blood in me.
Get your hands on a vitamin C sheet mask - they're amazing! Make your skin glow, plump, etc and there's no need to spend a lot of money on them. I get some from Balea (local drugstore brand) for 0.90€ a piece and they're bomb.
Thank you both :)
I’ve just bought a vitamin C serum so hopefully I’ll start to see some results from that.
Will definitely look for an eye serum and lash curlers :)
I have a nice blush but don’t use it much as I’m a bit heavy handed with it! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I concur with vitamin c sheet masks. My husband suffered terribly from a migraine Tuesday night and subsequently didn’t get any sleep. Whacked a mask on him for 15 minutes and he looks much better. Garnier Vitamin C masks from Sainsbury (if you’re in the UK) are great.

Thank you both :)
I’ve just bought a vitamin C serum so hopefully I’ll start to see some results from that.
Will definitely look for an eye serum and lash curlers :)
I have a nice blush but don’t use it much as I’m a bit heavy handed with it! 😂
I bought a vitamin c exfoliator from Rituals and it’s great! As I use tretinoin I can’t use a serum, but it definitely brightens my skin!

Also lots of water and cut out caffeine and salt. Perhaps a brighter lipstick too?

Reactions: 2
I bought uklash a few weeks ago and can definitely see a difference!

Let’s talk nails! I’m back having gels done after a hiatus for splitting, and I’ve always stuck to classics - either micro French or dark red/rouge noir.

I’m not a colourful person (I wear black/tan/ white) so any suggestions which would suit? I work in the city so it needs to look smart and block colour (no nail art.)

I’m overwhelmed on Pinterest!
Not these then 😜🐸:

CEE01D8E-FB0E-457C-B6F2-EB5F58EDF0D4.jpeg

Here are a few more subtle ones:

2E4A85BC-4850-4AE3-97E2-314313A99EE8.jpeg
329A18B0-43A9-4AFA-AB55-D36B08C10E7D.jpeg
7D6BD79F-CEBD-4B7C-BB6F-94F1569A6A72.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Omg the frogs 😭 I like the gold tips and matte is something I hadn’t considered before but I will now, thank you!

• Heart
I've been drinking fruit smoothies I make in my blender every morning for past 2 weeks. I'm generally quiet a healthy eater anyways (my body just rejects bad food). I make sure there's a litres worth of fruit in there and honestly my sleeps improved (always been a bad sleeper) and my face looks that bit more pretty. 10/10 recommend.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've just had delivered my brow lamination kit, does anyone who's DIY'd themselves have any tips or good tutorial links? Also I'm trying to go ash blonde its a bit yellow still (had it done at hairdressers dark but going grey) can it be removed with a toner or do I need wait until the yellow gets bleached again to achieve this? Thanks - I'm not very knowledgeable on these things at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've just had delivered my brow lamination kit, does anyone who's DIY'd themselves have any tips or good tutorial links? Also I'm trying to go ash blonde its a bit yellow still (had it done at hairdressers dark but going grey) can it be removed with a toner or do I need wait until the yellow gets bleached again to achieve this? Thanks - I'm not very knowledgeable on these things at all.
I’ve done a home lamination and just watched a few YouTube videos so I knew exactly what I was doing. It was very easy and the results were great (exactly the same as I had it done professionally.)

Regrading hair, it might be worth having a professional toner put through. They usually cost about £20 to have it done in a salon and is a lot stronger than purple shampoo.

I’ve done a home lamination and just watched a few YouTube videos so I knew exactly what I was doing. It was very easy and the results were great (exactly the same as I had it done professionally.)

Regrading hair, it might be worth having a professional toner put through. They usually cost about £20 to have it done in a salon and is a lot stronger than purple shampoo.
Thank you so much! I'll look into the toner. Am very excited to try my kit out! Will report back!

• Heart
I've been drinking fruit smoothies I make in my blender every morning for past 2 weeks. I'm generally quiet a healthy eater anyways (my body just rejects bad food). I make sure there's a litres worth of fruit in there and honestly my sleeps improved (always been a bad sleeper) and my face looks that bit more pretty. 10/10 recommend.
I was thinking to comment on my own experience?? It’s Very similar to yours, I suddenly upped my fruit intake by a large margin and my skin is looking better for it !! was having fruit with or after each meal and had OJ cravings to the point I was sneaking it into my coffee :oops: I like this inside out approach for skincare because it feels economical. I shop in the frozen section, get a very healthy treat and some skin benefits 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was thinking to comment on my own experience?? It’s Very similar to yours, I suddenly upped my fruit intake by a large margin and my skin is looking better for it !! was having fruit with or after each meal and had OJ cravings to the point I was sneaking it into my coffee :oops: I like this inside out approach for skincare because it feels economical. I shop in the frozen section, get a very healthy snack and some skin benefits 😍
That's mad I was getting OJ cravings. Assumed it was for the sugar tbh lol. Also find cause I'm having the full litre in one go it keeps me filled up for half the day. Gonna start doing a veg one for the afternoons I think. Always make sure to throw some pineapple in there as it burns belly fat and that's where I store my weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That's mad I was getting OJ cravings. Assumed it was for the sugar tbh lol. Also find cause I'm having the full litre in one go it keeps me filled up for half the day. Gonna start doing a veg one for the afternoons I think. Always make sure to throw some pineapple in there as it burns belly fat and that's where I store my weight.
I think vitamin C for me but could be sugar as well- I don’t eat a lot of processed sugar but my body finds ways to make up for it. It’s normally milk ! Good shout on the pineapple 💕 I’ve developed a freakishly strong appetite and it’s starting to show 😅

ETA: I read that cucumbers with lots of little bumps have silica which could be good for pore size. I’m going to give juicing them a try with my next load of groceries.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Adding super green powder to your smoothies is brilliant too! Also keeps you regular (which is important for your skin!) I buy mine from Tescos.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Adding super green powder to your smoothies is brilliant too! Also keeps you regular (which is important for your skin!) I buy mine from Tescos.
Oioi thanks for the tip. I'm very much a health is wealth kinda girl. Gotta go Asda inabit so will keep my eyes peeled 👀👀👀

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.