Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are the benefits of hydrafacials and micro needling?
I have really open pores and constantly pick them as they annoy me lol, anyone got any tips on clearing/ tightening pores?
Hydrafacial to hydrate, clear congested pores, brighten skin. RF micro needling to diminish any scars, reduce appearance of fine lines, reduce pore visibility, improve texture and tighten 😊

Reactions: 3
No matter what I use, I cannot get rid of the blackheads on my nose. Hence wanting a hydra facial. I also have the odd tiny scar (craters what’s make up sits in 😩) from blackheads on my nose as well.

Mixed reviews on here about hydra facials on here. Don’t know what to do now!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
No matter what I use, I cannot get rid of the blackheads on my nose. Hence wanting a hydra facial. I also have the odd tiny scar (craters what’s make up sits in 😩) from blackheads on my nose as well.

Mixed reviews on here about hydra facials on here. Don’t know what to do, now!
I think it’s worth a try for sure.
Will get out the 10x mag mirror in the morning to check my results 😊

Reactions: 2

Mixed reviews on here about hydra facials on here. Don’t know what to do, now!
I find a salicylic face wash helps (I like The Inkey List one as it isn't drying) and I've just started using Deviant Skincare Gentle Resurfacing Liquid every other day. It has really helped. I have to be careful with acids and actives as I have rosacea and they can aggravate it but this gets results without harming my skin barrier. It's not cheap but I rate it.

I'm also using their pigmentation serum which is helping brighten my old scarring and pigmentation. It has Niacinamide and Azelaic Acid which are both good for pores and breakouts.

Reactions: 4
I do a full body/haircare session on Sunday evenings (partly to distract myself from Sunday Scaries) and am really looking forward to it today! I recently bought one of the Turkish mitts recommended on here and wanna see how much dead skin gets sloughed off 😂

Here's my list for later:
- paint toenails, maybe fingernails if I'm feeling it
- shower: exfoliate with my new mitt, hair mask, full shave (the whole leg; don't have time in the week)
- epilate arms
- cover myself from the neck down in Nivea Soft (I have sensitive skin and never react to this)
- dermaplane lower half of face (I just discovered this last week and regret not doing it sooner! Amazing results!!!)
- time for The Ordinary (this is every night though): Marine Hyaluronics, followed by Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1%, followed by Multi-Peptide Eye Serum and one of the many eye creams I've accumlated
- Clinique Moisture Surge on top of that (spenny but I buy 2 gift sets when they're on offer and they last me a year or so)
- spray a little Twilight by Lush over the bed before getting into it. I wash my bedding every Sunday morning so I 1)get out of it and 2)have a clean bed to look forward to before getting back to work on Monday

It varies, I might throw a facemask in or tint my eyebrows, but the above applies every Sunday evening. Do any of you have a Sunday pamper sesh to distract from Monday morning?

Would you mind sharing what version of the mitt you bought?

Also does anyone recommend a good but not expensive eyebrow tint?

For me nothing transforms my skin as well as Botox. I know injectables aren’t for everyone but I have the smoothest bounciest skin after I’ve had it.

Jeans help please!I’m 5’2 and carry my weight round my stomach/arse. I live in oversized dresses that swamp me. I wanna branch out into jeans or even trousers, just to give myself some variety. Nothing seems to suit me? I don’t like tucking my tshirt in because it accentuates my belly but I see other women do it and they look awesome??
This is exactly me except I’m 5ft1inch 🫤 I’m stressed about the lighter warmer days coming as I can’t hide away in my coat 😞

Mixed reviews on here about hydra facials on here. Don’t know what to do now!
Theyre probably not blackheads.
They could be sebaceous filaments. These can never be got rid if apparently just lightened. They always reappear.

Reactions: 7
They could be sebaceous filaments. These can never be got rid if apparently just lightened. They always reappear.
Yep. I think you’re right. They only time they disappear is when I go on holiday somewhere really hot. I’m not sure why?! 😩

• Sad
Eve Loms Rescue mask works a treat for this. Would love to see if anyone has any cheaper recommendations for a similar product

Eve Loms Rescue mask works a treat for this. Would love to see if anyone has any cheaper recommendations for a similar product
I really like a lot of the Eve Lom range the cleanser, the lip balm and the brightening cream.

For me nothing transforms my skin as well as Botox. I know injectables aren’t for everyone but I have the smoothest bounciest skin after I’ve had it.

Jeans help please!I’m 5’2 and carry my weight round my stomach/arse. I live in oversized dresses that swamp me. I wanna branch out into jeans or even trousers, just to give myself some variety. Nothing seems to suit me? I don’t like tucking my tshirt in because it accentuates my belly but I see other women do it and they look awesome??
Check out Lucy and Yak jeans too x

• Heart
Morning after hydrafacial and micro needling.
Last night all I did was gently wash off the left over vit c serum from micro.
Skin is bouncy and glowy this morning! Really happy with results. Colleagues have commented that skin looks fresh today 😊
Physician also recommended Niacinamide for pore maintenance. I have the Ordinary Niacinamide so will give it a try

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I suffer from really frizzy and fluffy hair 🫤 my hair is really fine, if I use straighners it goes very limp and lifeless 🤬 can anyone recommend a product that I can run through my hair to take the frizz and fluffiness away please 🙏🏻 thank you

My cloud nines just died after 6 years, are there any amazing ones anyone would recommend or am I best off trading them in and getting another pair?

I’m totally stuck for a dress for a wedding in a couple of weeks - both shop and style. Everything is white/black/blue like the bridesmaids’ dresses and either too casual/too formal. Where do I start?!

I’m totally stuck for a dress for a wedding in a couple of weeks - both shop and style. Everything is white/black/blue like the bridesmaids’ dresses and either too casual/too formal. Where do I start?!
AX Paris is amazing for occasional dresses !!

Coast or Karen Millen are usually good?

John Lewis have some beautiful spring dresses in at the moment. Failing that, Vinted.

Asos. I was at a wedding this weekend and got three outfits from there, all of them were lovely.

I suffer from really frizzy and fluffy hair 🫤 my hair is really fine, if I use straighners it goes very limp and lifeless 🤬 can anyone recommend a product that I can run through my hair to take the frizz and fluffiness away please 🙏🏻 thank you
I like the OGX coconut mist! A little goes a long way.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.