Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for replying, they do look good. I don't mind paying a little more for something like this. Learnt my lesson the hard way with cheaper products.
Yeah it's such a pain finding a body lotion that works. I'm trying to use up a few half opened ones at the moment so I don't waste them and they're all underwhelming.

Another more affordable one I have remembered and know a friend with dry skin loves is this one, it doesn't have Lanolin and is Vegan (https://www.qvskincare.com.au/about-qv/faq.html) but I'm not 100% sure they're cruelty free as they're not certified by one of the official orgs: https://bestcrueltyfree.com/brands/qv-skincare/

Amazon product

Reactions: 1
My periods due and my spots are out. Grrrrrr.
I also look especially spot-y this month. Not sure why, but every couple of months I get a really terrible breakout before my period. Once it arrives, it will start to clear up. hanks to my stupid body, I sometimes don't get a period and will then run around looking extra-spoty for another month.

Reactions: 2
Ugh mine got so bad this month that I finally bit the bullet and signed up for skin and me. Hope it will help, just want a clear skin
I started Dermatica a few weeks ago - I’ve had acne for about 10 years now but it’s been getting worse recently. My skin is purging really badly at the moment but it’s not burning as much when I put the treatment on. Really hope it starts working 😭

Reactions: 5
I've started getting these tiny white spots on my face.... kind of like a cross between and white-head and a black-head?! They look almost see-through if that makes sense. If I don't squeeze/pick at them they stay for ages.

Anyone any ideas of what they are? and how to get rid of them?

No idea what has caused them as I haven't changed anything in my routine.

I've started getting these tiny white spots on my face.... kind of like a cross between and white-head and a black-head?! They look almost see-through if that makes sense. If I don't squeeze/pick at them they stay for ages.

I get these when something doesn’t agree with my skin, mostly moisturiser’s and sometimes cleansers. I think something in certain moisturiser’s doesn’t agree with my skin but I can’t work out what it is.

• Heart

Sounds a bit like milia. My aesthetician explained to me that one cause of them can be dryness when I suddenly had a few of them. She got rid of them for me by disinfecting, very very carefully opening the skin with a tiny needle and then squeezing it out. Didn't hurt and no traces left after that, but they were around for weeks before I went to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
i realise this might sound really stupid but here goes - what do you do when you get lash extensions done?! i really fancy getting them done for an upcoming holiday, but i'm quite an awkward person and have no idea what i'd talk to someone about for 2 hours. also, what if you need a wee?! 😂

• Haha
i realise this might sound really stupid but here goes - what do you do when you get lash extensions done?! i really fancy getting them done for an upcoming holiday, but i'm quite an awkward person and have no idea what i'd talk to someone about for 2 hours. also, what if you need a wee?! 😂
Don’t drink too much before hand and you’ll be fine. Also, unless they’re your mate you won’t be chatting for 2 hours. It’s really relaxing I find so a quick chat at the start and that’s it for me.

Reactions: 3
Yeah you can't really talk too much as it's best if you don't move your face. You just lie there (or sit if they have the chair thing but it's so much better if they have a bed!!)

I've taken a nap before whilst getting them done

aww amazing thank you guys, i'm the worst at overthinking these things. how long do yours tend to last?

Any have easy, non-expensive solutions for eyelashes? Not interested in extensions and not really been bothered about lashes before. But been using a lash serum since last year and did get some good growth. I treated myself to a lash lift and I do like the result but not enough to pay £30 every six weeks.

Any easy alternatives out there or is it just old fashioned false lashes?

Any have easy, non-expensive solutions for eyelashes? Not interested in extensions and not really been bothered about lashes before. But been using a lash serum since last year and did get some good growth. I treated myself to a lash lift and I do like the result but not enough to pay £30 every six weeks.

Any easy alternatives out there or is it just old fashioned false lashes?
Tatti lashes as mentioned by others here. It's lash extensions you do by yourself at home and they last between a couple days to a week. Works out much cheaper than getting extensions done and in my opinion much easier than putting standard fake lashes on and they look better.

You could try doing lash lift at home as well but personally haven't tried and I think it's a bit tricky

Cut down on my weed smoking loads and my eye bags have all but cleared. Still a little bit of bag there as I think I'm just genetically prone to them but the difference since I've cut down has made me ashamed of myself for letting it get to that point.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Tatti lashes as mentioned by others here. It's lash extensions you do by yourself at home and they last between a couple days to a week. Works out much cheaper than getting extensions done and in my opinion much easier than putting standard fake lashes on and they look better.

You could try doing lash lift at home as well but personally haven't tried and I think it's a bit tricky
Great, thank you. I'll have a look. I agree, not sure about attempting a lash lift at home. Looks a real faff.

I hate these! They’re so tempting to pick at…
---
Hi all,

Any recommendations for eye creams? I’ve been using a body shop one but it’s not doing much it seems.

I’m getting fine lines baaad lately, I wonder how much is down to dehydration…?
Any eye care tips appreciated!
---
Hi new to this thread, I recently bought TO Niacinamide + Zinc Serum has anyone tried it before, has it worked? X

I suffer with quite bad acne I suppose everywhere I’ve read it’s supposed to help with acne scarring etc & I’m at the point I’m just willing to try anything lol. I get spotty around my forehead, under my lip & above my lip which is so embarrassing the second they go I get another 😩
I’ve been using it about 3 weeks now. It makes my skin feel lush, has cleared tiny blackheads from my chin, but I’ve had more white under skin blemishes appear since using. Might be me or might be product related. I’d recommend it though it feels like it’s doing some good.

Last edited:
I’ve been using the Dr Jart one with the blue cap. Biome I think it’s called? I posted on here a while back about having really dry flaky itchy eyelids that came on from nowhere. Cleared it right up when La Roche Posay intensive or whatever it’s called only worked for a few hours at a time. It got rid of the rough texture in the sort of crows feet zone that I’d had for ages too.

I fell asleep. It took an hour and a half. :ROFLMAO:
---
I started a basic skin care routine for the first time in december.

I don't feel like I really have any real issues with my skin. I do want it to be brighter and more glowly though.

I'm not a fan of fillers and botox.

Has anyone seen a dermatologist or been to a clinic for treatments. The company below any good?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.