Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fell asleep. It took an hour and a half. :ROFLMAO:
---
I started a basic skin care routine for the first time in december.

I don't feel like I really have any real issues with my skin. I do want it to be brighter and more glowly though.

I'm not a fan of fillers and botox.

Has anyone seen a dermatologist or been to a clinic for treatments. The company below any good?

Yeh i had red vein removal on my face in one of these clinics. 3 laser sessions spread out. Was thrilled with the results.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone had the hyaluronic acid injection to the face done ??
What’s your thoughts ??

Reactions: 1
I do want it to be brighter and more glowly though.
I can totally recommend a vitamin C serum. Been using one for a few weeks and my skin is nice and glowy now. I bought an own brand one from a store here in Germany and it works fine, cheap and vegan too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can totally recommend a vitamin C serum. Been using one for a few weeks and my skin is nice and glowy now. I bought an own brand one from a store here in Germany and it works fine, cheap and vegan too.
German here as well 👋 I also got the own-brand vitamin C serum from DM (Balea) and like it - which one did you get? I like it so far but I think I could do with a stronger formula. Just not sure if that's worth it, like with Niacinamide. I heard going over 10% for Nia doesn't make any difference.

German here as well 👋 I also got the own-brand vitamin C serum from DM (Balea) and like it - which one did you get? I like it so far but I think I could do with a stronger formula. Just not sure if that's worth it, like with Niacinamide. I heard going over 10% for Nia doesn't make any difference.
Same one 😆 yeah it's not the strongest but for trying it out it's great because the price is pretty affordable.

Same one 😆 yeah it's not the strongest but for trying it out it's great because the price is pretty affordable.
Yes! It's also my first vitamin C serum and I just decided to go with it because it's pretty cheap and I love the Balea vitamin C sheet masks so much that I figured it probably wouldn't be too bad. The sheet masks honestly are the best thing ever and I've yet to find cheaper ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The Ordinary is good but my recommendation would be Charlotte Tilbury magic cream. It’s a bit spendy and I didn’t believe the hype until I had a mini makeover, and was blown away by how plump my skin looked after application! I only use it in the morning, then a SPF 50. Worth every penny IMO.
I’ve come to here to see if anyone has tried the revolution dupe of the magic cream?! I don’t mind buying the Charlotte tilbury one, but only if I have a discount on it.

The revolution one is £10

Reactions: 9

sorry i'm jumping on your post - does anyone else's skin HATE niacinamide? i tried the omega water cream by the inkey list and it burnt my face, which i can only attribute to the niacinamide, and the same again with the beauty crop setting spray which contains it. really weird and quite annoying as it seems to be in almost everything!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone has tips for managing porous, wavy hair? I feel like it’s always either too flat or too frizzy, and even my hairdresser doesn’t know what to do with it 🙃
Yes! It's also my first vitamin C serum and I just decided to go with it because it's pretty cheap and I love the Balea vitamin C sheet masks so much that I figured it probably wouldn't be too bad. The sheet masks honestly are the best thing ever and I've yet to find cheaper ones.
Sorry to jump in like that but I just wanted to say that Garnier’s Vitamin C mask and serum are pretty good (and affordable) too if you want a change. A little jealous of you guys having DM, I love it so much and buy a lot of stuff there whenever I go to Germany 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
sorry i'm jumping on your post - does anyone else's skin HATE niacinamide? i tried the omega water cream by the inkey list and it burnt my face, which i can only attribute to the niacinamide, and the same again with the beauty crop setting spray which contains it. really weird and quite annoying as it seems to be in almost everything!
Some people seems to get bumps from it, but the burning I only thought happened when combined with an acid, the niacinamide flush. Did you use anything under the serum of cream?

I’ve the Omega Water Cream as well, it sure what to make of it, it’s odd. I don’t think I’ll repurchase, but otoh it’s also not bad. Just a weird product.

Has anyone had laser hair removal done on their chin? I think I need to go down that road as I’ve noticed more & more hairs are sprouting up on my chin. Has laser hair removal worked for you?

Has anyone had laser hair removal done on their chin? I think I need to go down that road as I’ve noticed more & more hairs are sprouting up on my chin. Has laser hair removal worked for you?
I can't help re treatment but oh my christ I tweezed an inch-long twig of a hair from under my chin yesterday and I'm still not right after it. Worst of all, I can't see the bastards and only ever seem to feel them once they're colossal 🫣
Some of mine are medium brown but some are white/grey (the glamour) so maybe not suitable for laser? I'm interested though.

• Haha
I get these when something doesn’t agree with my skin, mostly moisturiser’s and sometimes cleansers. I think something in certain moisturiser’s doesn’t agree with my skin but I can’t work out what it is.
I had lots of skin issues (kept breaking out into hives) so really dialled back to just cleanser and a thick (aveeno) moisturiser and my skin has been doing really well. Issues cleared up and I saw lots on TikTok about the Inkey water moisturiser (this it’s inkey list but it could be Ordinary) - I’ve not had a spot flare up this bad in so long. It’s better than the rashes obvs but my chin is an absolute state. Back to Aveeno for me!
---
Some people seems to get bumps from it, but the burning I only thought happened when combined with an acid, the niacinamide flush. Did you use anything under the serum of cream?

I’ve the Omega Water Cream as well, it sure what to make of it, it’s odd. I don’t think I’ll repurchase, but otoh it’s also not bad. Just a weird product.
Oooh I think it’s this Water Cream actually, that explains a lot 😊

Yes I have and yes it works but keep in mind they may come back as hormones change in your body. I had relief for a good decade or so but now nearing menopause, they have returned and I will need to do it again.

Consult with a reputable practitioner. They should go through expectations for results (stubborn chin hairs may take up to 8 treatments), possible side effects (eg. hyperpigmentation) and how to prepare for treatment (you can’t pluck the hairs for weeks prior to first treatment, you can shave or clip the hairs but plucking disrupts the growth cycle and the root needs to be in a certain phase for the laser to work.)

It works best on light skin and dark hair. For white hairs or if you don’t have enough contrast between your skin and hair colour, electrolysis may be an option.

Good luck!

i’m starting my laser treatment this week for my chin! i’ve had enough of the constant plucking/shaving/threading of it!!

Any result would be better than what i have now I think 🤣 i pluck/thread and within a day or 2 its out again and i am getting too many in grown hairs and my chin looks a bit dark now.

i’m getting about 6 sessions for £130 which isnt too bad I think. Fingers crossed it works 😩

Any recommendations for a really hydrating, dewy foundation that still has decent coverage? Does that exist? 😂

I’ve come to here to see if anyone has tried the revolution dupe of the magic cream?! I don’t mind buying the Charlotte tilbury one, but only if I have a discount on it.

The revolution one is £10
I have and I love it. The L’Oréal midnight cream is similar as well and I like that too.
---
Any recommendations for a really hydrating, dewy foundation that still has decent coverage? Does that exist? 😂
I love It Cosmetics CC, it gives me a glow and I’m not giving it up!
---
Anyone has tips for managing porous, wavy hair? I feel like it’s always either too flat or too frizzy, and even my hairdresser doesn’t know what to do with it 🙃

Sorry to jump in like that but I just wanted to say that Garnier’s Vitamin C mask and serum are pretty good (and affordable) too if you want a change. A little jealous of you guys having DM, I love it so much and buy a lot of stuff there whenever I go to Germany 🫣
Ive looked at a lot of wavy hair stuff on TikTok recently, similar to CGM. So it’s using sulphate free shampoo and conditioner, gently putting a leave in conditioner on soaking wet hair, then some curl cream or gel/mousse and then gently wrapping in a t shirt or microfibres towel. There are other steps but that’s the start. They explain it better than me though!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thank you all for your advice, I think I need to bite the bullet & go for the laser, as these bad boys are not going away!! 🙈

I love It Cosmetics CC, it gives me a glow and I’m not giving it up!

I really liked the IT cosmetics CC as well but I've not had it long and it's started to oxidise on me, really not great if you're cool toned! Same with the Tarte Shape Tape I bought. So I'm also on the hunt for the same sort of foundation, @yourecutejeans

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.