Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same here! I love how you can get it in boots too, just makes it a bit easier when in town

Do you use the ‘no wipe’ top coat? It’s so good and leaves no tacky layer ☺
I’ll have to look out for that one! Sounds good

how long are you curing each layer?

Does anyone have any recommendations for bb/cc cream? My skin is clear, so I don't need to wear foundation or concealer, but I get red really easily and would love something to help even me out a bit more on a day to day basis when I don't want to wear make up. I'm pretty pale, so the creams that only come in one shade are usually too dark for me. I'd also like to not look or feel like i'm wearing anything. Day one of trying it cosmetics cc cream and it's a good colour match, and does just look like my normal skin, but looks a bit too oily/'glowy' for my liking and I am very aware i'm wearing it.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any recommendations for bb/cc cream? My skin is clear, so I don't need to wear foundation or concealer, but I get red really easily and would love something to help even me out a bit more on a day to day basis when I don't want to wear make up. I'm pretty pale, so the creams that only come in one shade are usually too dark for me. I'd also like to not look or feel like i'm wearing anything. Day one of trying it cosmetics cc cream and it's a good colour match, and does just look like my normal skin, but looks a bit too oily/'glowy' for my liking and I am very aware i'm wearing it.
A little different, but I rosacea and I use a little dab of body shop foundation on my cheeks to curb the colour - could you do something similar if you don’t really wear makeup?

A little different, but I rosacea and I use a little dab of body shop foundation on my cheeks to curb the colour - could you do something similar if you don’t really wear makeup?
That's a good shout! I don't like the feeling of foundation on me, but if it was only in a certain area I am sure I could cope with it. I will give it a try, thank you.

Reactions: 1
That's a good shout! I don't like the feeling of foundation on me, but if it was only in a certain area I am sure I could cope with it. I will give it a try, thank you.
It’s all about blending. Get a beauty blender and give it a go. I only wear foundation on my cheeks and it looks fine.

What is everyones opinion on hyaluronic acid as opposed to retinol ? Thank you x
They aren’t really comparable tbh.

Hyaluronic acid is more for adding moisture to the skin

Retinol is meant to boost collagen production which in turn improves skin over all.

It’s often recommended to use both together, the hyaluronic acid helps fight the dryness that Retional can bring.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Speaking of hyaluronic acid, is it ok to use with argireline? And which order is best to go with?

I’ll have to look out for that one! Sounds good

how long are you curing each layer?
I usually do 80 secs as my lamp has that setting. Although it’s perfectly fine for just 60 secs - I just like to be sure!

I also usually do about 2 coats of colour and 1 layer of top coat 😄

Speaking of hyaluronic acid, is it ok to use with argireline? And which order is best to go with?
yep. The rule is thinnest to thickest. I use Argireline first and then HA.

I haven’t really noticed a botox affect with it yet but i still hold hope 🤣 don’t want to resort to actual botox just yet.

yep. The rule is thinnest to thickest. I use Argireline first and then HA.

I haven’t really noticed a botox affect with it yet but i still hold hope 🤣 don’t want to resort to actual botox just yet.
I’m the same! I’ve got some pesky 11 wrinkles between my eyebrows but I’m too wuss to get actual Botox yet.

thank you for telling me the order!

Have you tried the Dr Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Colour Correcting cream?

Reactions: 3
I’m 33 and learned today that the reason why my nails never seem to be in a nice shape is called having trapezoid nails. Not on all nails, too. Thanks, nature.
Fell down a YouTube rabbit hole when wanting to figure out how to shape the nails and it seems like most nail techs prefer to build gel tips on them 😬

I’m 33 and learned today that the reason why my nails never seem to be in a nice shape is called having trapezoid nails. Not on all nails, too. Thanks, nature.
Fell down a YouTube rabbit hole when wanting to figure out how to shape the nails and it seems like most nail techs prefer to build gel tips on them 😬
My best friend has this nail shape. When she asks me to do her nails, I always make sure to push the cuticles back to even out the shape and file the sides in. With some practice you can make them look quite different (even though I don’t think one nail shape is necessarily any better/prettier than the others, it’s just that as women we even have beauty standards set for our nails). As for gel tips, lots of people have them done no matter what their natural shape is as many struggle with short, bitten or brittle nails. It might be worth it to explore your options, try them all and see what feels/looks best for you 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not sure if it was on this thread (many moons ago!) but someone mentioned a website that did great copies of designer bags? Can anyone help?

Not sure if it was on this thread (many moons ago!) but someone mentioned a website that did great copies of designer bags? Can anyone help?
Luxe Inspirations on Insta are great! They do cheap ones they buy in bulk but you can also request specific doops by DM. I have a great LV copy and it’s made from real leather with velvet inside! 😍

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.