Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im going to sound like an influencer here but having used skin+me (just the night time treatment) i’ve seen such a great result. My skin is really glowing and it has definitely helped the slight redness i had.

You can currently get a ‘free’ treatment, you just pay £3.50 for the postage. I saw results before my first treatment ended, im glad I continued it
I've been meaning to come on here and thank everyone who recommended my skin and me! I LOVE this thread!!

I noticed a difference after a couple of days use; I still use my obagi cleanser and toner and combined with the my skin and me, my skin is glowing - the texture has massively improved and my rosecea is starting to reduce too!

I've renewed and paid the £25 for the next month, it feels a little steep for how much you get but it's worth it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Any tips how to reduce expression/fine lines? I have a couple on my forehead, they are not very deep but don’t look good when I use my setting powder. I don’t want to do Botox just yet, I’m only in my 20s with combination skin — I guess it might be severely dehydrated though? Would argilerine work or are there any other ways to make these lines less pronounced?

Reactions: 2
I've been meaning to come on here and thank everyone who recommended my skin and me! I LOVE this thread!!

I noticed a difference after a couple of days use; I still use my obagi cleanser and toner and combined with the my skin and me, my skin is glowing - the texture has massively improved and my rosecea is starting to reduce too!

I've renewed and paid the £25 for the next month, it feels a little steep for how much you get but it's worth it!
Its amazing! I definitely think its worth the £25 for me so I will continue it for as long as I can. I couldnt believe the difference in such a short time. Glad you got the same results ❤
---

Any tips how to reduce expression/fine lines? I have a couple on my forehead, they are not very deep but don’t look good when I use my setting powder. I don’t want to do Botox just yet, I’m only in my 20s with combination skin — I guess it might be severely dehydrated though? Would argilerine work or are there any other ways to make these lines less pronounced?
I have been using argilerine for few months now and haven’t noticed a change 😩 still hoping it will kick in.

As mentioned above I am using skin & me and my treatment this month will have retinol in it and that should help with fine lines, so maybe look into adding retinol into your skin care.

I’ve tried a few retinols and while they worked for skin eg clearing etc it didnt help with lines, however everyone says you need prescription strength for fine lines etc so hoping this treatment works.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve used skin and me for almost 2 years now and it’s remarkable! I only wash with water in the morning, the Charlotte Tilbury miracle cream and La Roche Posay SPF 50. At night I use the skin and me cleanser (it’s lasted months) and my prescription.

Last week I went for a skinceuticals skin assessment where they took photographs to analyse. The consultant as shocked and said I actually didn’t need anything adding to my routine as my skin was near perfect and I didn’t even neee to wear makeup (and this is with my Botox wearing off and literally bronzer and mascara on!) She tried to flog me a facial of course 😂

Not a humble brag just a heads up that skin and me is great! I’m late 40s btw.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm really tempted by skin and me but, I hate acids etc and my skin is quite sensitive to things like that. I know you can put that in the questionnaire but still worried about what they'd put in my product 😅 I have a routine that seems to be ok just now but still tempted by it

Reactions: 1
I
I'm really tempted by skin and me but, I hate acids etc and my skin is quite sensitive to things like that. I know you can put that in the questionnaire but still worried about what they'd put in my product 😅 I have a routine that seems to be ok just now but still tempted by it
If you react then email them and they’ll change your prescription for free. I’ve had mine changed loads over the past couple of years

I

If you react then email them and they’ll change your prescription for free. I’ve had mine changed loads over the past couple of years
Makes sense but if I react then it can take months for me to get my skin back to normal so not sure if it's worth the risk 😅 but the reviews are tempting

OK I’m convinced! Just made my first Skin+Me order. Perfect timing as I’m nearly out of cleanser and moisturiser! Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Baby Botox is essentially preventative so if they're really bothering you I wouldn't rule it out, but yes I'd suggest checking you're hydrated properly and a hyaluronic acid and niacinamide combo on damp skin followed by really massaging in your overnight moisturiser.

If that's not working for you then move onto the actives, but in the meantime don't forget sunscreen!
---

Makes sense but if I react then it can take months for me to get my skin back to normal so not sure if it's worth the risk 😅 but the reviews are tempting
I just placed my first order after seeing the post on here and I've been emailed the full product breakdown. As it's £3.50 for your first time you could order it and see what's in your prescription, then if there's anything you don't like the sound of you could query it or just not use it?

So many good tips on this thread!

I get a Keratin treatment two or three times a year, I have long thick frizzy hair and it cuts my drying time down to about 10 mins and makes my hair so sleek and straight for months. Keratin One salon in Manchester is the best! It’s expensive but it saves so much time. Also use the Moroccan oil on the ends of my hair every day and it’s super healthy. Stopped bleaching my hair and went back brown, never had as many compliments 😂

I’m a religious body moisturiser, I got a Rituals set for Christmas (rose and sweet almond) and oh my god - the smell from their body moisturisers really last all day I’m obsessed! Would never have bought an expensive one before, just used Garnier but I’m converted now.

I love my hand creams and apply it every single night. I adore the L’occitane Shea butter one but I’m on a tighter budget atm and find the Body Shop hemp one is almost as good 💁‍♀️ I think well kept hands & nails are so important, I don’t wear polish much because of work but I always keep my nails tidy.

Controversial one but sun beds - I’ve never had much success with fake tan and I’m ghostly pale so I’ll usually get 6/9 minutes a week - just gives me a healthy glow 🌞 always use SPF on my face and the little eye covers.

Another one is shoes, always make sure my shoes are clean! I try to throw all my shoes through the machine a couple of times a year. It makes a big difference to your overall appearance!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have been using argilerine for few months now and haven’t noticed a change 😩 still hoping it will kick in.

As mentioned above I am using skin & me and my treatment this month will have retinol in it and that should help with fine lines, so maybe look into adding retinol into your skin care.

I’ve tried a few retinols and while they worked for skin eg clearing etc it didnt help with lines, however everyone says you need prescription strength for fine lines etc so hoping this treatment works.
Ugh, sorry argilerine is not working for you! Now, hand on heart, I was suspicious about it because if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I hope this retinol treatment helps though, please report back if it works for you as I’m curious. I’ve heard great things about retinol but I wouldn’t know how to start using it — some say it makes your skin even drier if not used properly!
Baby Botox is essentially preventative so if they're really bothering you I wouldn't rule it out, but yes I'd suggest checking you're hydrated properly and a hyaluronic acid and niacinamide combo on damp skin followed by really massaging in your overnight moisturiser.

If that's not working for you then move onto the actives, but in the meantime don't forget sunscreen!
I am definitely not against Botox, I am actually considering using it once I have the need but early 20s seems a little too early to start? I guess I will try hyaluronic acid first and see if it works for me, I do use a thick moisturiser and SPF every day so I’m not sure what the issue is here. Thanks for the tips! ☺

Argireline also didn't do anything for me other than hydrating a little bit (I had the The Ordinary stuff), but I also just used up one bottle and didn't repurchase it, but got Matrixyl instead, which at least gives a nice instant effect for me, my skin looks nice and plump afterwards. No idea whether it does work against lines.

I'm curious about Spilanthox, which is also claiming to work against lines an more gentle than retinol, but I haven't bought any yet, it is rather expensive.

Hey 👋 looking for advice please, iv just highlighted my hair except this time there seems to be an orange/gold tone 🤬 can anyone recommend anything please ?
iv used this exact same formula for over 20 year
Wella 12/1 highlight ash blonde and it’s always been perfect

Hey 👋 looking for advice please, iv just highlighted my hair except this time there seems to be an orange/gold tone 🤬 can anyone recommend anything please ?
iv used this exact same formula for over 20 year
Wella 12/1 highlight ash blonde and it’s always been perfect
A lavender toner would work better but if you want to sort it quickly, use purple shampoo - L'Oreal do quite a cheap one. Massage into your hair and leave it for up to 5 minutes and it should help to tone that orange/gold right down.

A lavender toner would work better but if you want to sort it quickly, use purple shampoo - L'Oreal do quite a cheap one. Massage into your hair and leave it for up to 5 minutes and it should help to tone that orange/gold right down.
Thank you 😊 I’ll give that a try

This is a random one but everyone here is so knowledgeable I had to ask — I got a beauty box and there are a couple of skin products I’m shying away from because they contain fruit extracts I’m allergic or intolerant to when eating. I’d love to use them if it’s at all safe to do.

This is a random one but everyone here is so knowledgeable I had to ask — I got a beauty box and there are a couple of skin products I’m shying away from because they contain fruit extracts I’m allergic or intolerant to when eating. I’d love to use them if it’s at all safe to do.
If you're very allergic then I wouldn't use them. If it's just a minor allergen for you,maybe you could patch test somewhere inconspicuous?

As the poster above has said maybe do a patch test on the opposite side of your below in the crease if that makes sense! Leave it for 24/48 hours if you can.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.