Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha.

Wish this was me but been using uklash for over a month and there's barely any difference 😭
Keep going - mine took about 3 months and then suddenly- wow! I’m still on my first tube as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Keep going - mine took about 3 months and then suddenly- wow! I’m still on my first tube as well.
That's good to know there's hope! Seems like a lot of others had impressive results within a month. To be fair, my eyelashes are quite thick and there's decent volume but want them to be longer

Reactions: 1
Can I be really cheeky please and ask to see your list?
I don’t actually have it anymore but the main staples were;
Faux Leather trousers and leggings
Blue Straight legs jeans
mom jeans
Black plain skinny jeans
Nude leggings
Black leggings
White Shirt dress
Couple of nice thick jumpers for over the shirt dress
Couple of plain thin turtlenecks
Couple of plain round neck tops/bodysuits
Plain white shirt
Cropped jumper for over said shirt
A few good quality tights
Black side slit mini skirt
Grey plated mini skirt
Black skort
Black heeled boots
Black Chelsea boots
Doc martens
High top converse
Chunky trainers
Grey cashmere jumper
White tracksuit set
Knee high heeled black boots
Leather jacket
Aviator jacket
Fitted black blazer
Oversized nude blazer
Massive long black puffy coat (I love it even though I look like a football manager in it)
Fitted black ribbed mini dress
Ugg ultra mini (not a great choice tbh as I don’t see them staying in style for long)

I do have a fair bit more than this but these are the ones I think I’ll get most wear out of, and may cut my wardrobe down more yet.

I’m debating adding a trench coat and some of those black loafers everyone seems to be wearing, but will give it a month and see if I still want them!

and then gym outfits and about 5 going out outfits (like white wide leg trousers, corset crop top and heels) ontop of this, also I have a whole other one for summer!

I tried to get things that aren’t just a fad style and also I’m (slowly) getting rid of bits from fast fashion places (good bye shein :( ) and replacing them with high quality bits, mostly off vinted.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don’t actually have it anymore but the main staples were;
Faux Leather trousers and leggings
Blue Straight legs jeans
mom jeans
Black plain skinny jeans
Nude leggings
Black leggings
White Shirt dress
Couple of nice thick jumpers for over the shirt dress
Couple of plain thin turtlenecks
Couple of plain round neck tops/bodysuits
Plain white shirt
Cropped jumper for over said shirt
A few good quality tights
Black side slit mini skirt
Grey plated mini skirt
Black skort
Black heeled boots
Black Chelsea boots
Doc martens
High top converse
Chunky trainers
Grey cashmere jumper
White tracksuit set
Knee high heeled black boots
Leather jacket
Aviator jacket
Fitted black blazer
Oversized nude blazer
Massive long black puffy coat (I love it even though I look like a football manager in it)
Fitted black ribbed mini dress
Ugg ultra mini (not a great choice tbh as I don’t see them staying in style for long)

I do have a fair bit more than this but these are the ones I think I’ll get most wear out of, and may cut my wardrobe down more yet.

I’m debating adding a trench coat and some of those black loafers everyone seems to be wearing, but will give it a month and see if I still want them!

and then gym outfits and about 5 going out outfits (like white wide leg trousers, corset crop top and heels) ontop of this, also I have a whole other one for summer!

I tried to get things that aren’t just a fad style and also I’m (slowly) getting rid of bits from fast fashion places (good bye shein :( ) and replacing them with high quality bits, mostly off vinted.
This is basically mine too, but I have Chelsea boots, loafers (faux Gucci ones from H&M) and white Veja. I’ve also bought a double breasted mac for the spring, as well as a black cap and new Raybans

Reactions: 4
Thought this might be of interest to some people, I really like her she explains simply and has a ton of different video for different needs.

Reactions: 4
Im going to sound like an influencer here but having used skin+me (just the night time treatment) i’ve seen such a great result. My skin is really glowing and it has definitely helped the slight redness i had.

You can currently get a ‘free’ treatment, you just pay £3.50 for the postage. I saw results before my first treatment ended, im glad I continued it

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Scorpihoe I finally got my hands on a code for Ouai. I don’t know if it’s single use but give it a try, if not you should be able to sign-up to the newsletter and get 15% off 🥰

OUAIBE0C5D56

I ordered the scalp and body scrub the other week and it’s amazing so I’ve ordered the body cleanser and hair treamtment masque too 🧖🏼‍♀️🫧🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can I be really cheeky please and ask to see your list?
I'm not goosecat but I really like the capsule wardrobe break downs from Putting Me Together (google and then check out images). I like how she breaks down a capsule wardrobe into say 'solid coloured top' 'solid neutral coloured top' 'neutral printed top'. I've been working on putting together a core wardrobe of pieces.

• Heart
Thankyou all for your Lovely advice! I spent a bit of time last night in the bath whilst the kids were in bed... shaved & moisturised. I'm booked to get my hair done end of the week as well as a brow shape, tint amd Gels! I've some Tatti Lashes sitting in my drawer which I'm still yet to use... so may well do that over the weekend - as well as declutter my wardrobe and make a start on a capsule wardrobe! Any must have follows on Insta for this sort of thing? Thankyou Tattlers 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Bit of a silly one I'm such an overthinker! I've got about 2 stone to lose, just going slow with it but aiming to have it gone for summer. My big concern is none of my clothes fitting me anymore! I know some would view it as a nice opportunity to get a whole new wardrobe but I absolutely love the clothes I have already, I've spent a long time building up good quality pieces I'd hate to be without. I'm quite short so I imagine losing all that will make a big difference. I know you can get things tailored so that's something, has anyone done this before? Was it expensive/are there some items of clothing that simply can't be taken in? TIA!

Does anyone have any recommendations for bb/cc cream? My skin is clear, so I don't need to wear foundation or concealer, but I get red really easily and would love something to help even me out a bit more on a day to day basis when I don't want to wear make up. I'm pretty pale, so the creams that only come in one shade are usually too dark for me. I'd also like to not look or feel like i'm wearing anything. Day one of trying it cosmetics cc cream and it's a good colour match, and does just look like my normal skin, but looks a bit too oily/'glowy' for my liking and I am very aware i'm wearing it.
I use this, technically just a primer but it evens skin tone, blurs pores and lightly mattifies.
It's incredibly light, and I totally forget I'm wearing it.

Otherwise you could try adding your favourite foundation to your moisturiser? I used to do that once I caught on to the absolute scam of tinted moisturiser! You could use a mattifying spray (tbh any of the calming facial spritzes seem to work on me for that) to set or just blot any excessive glow?

• Heart
Any recommendations for nice jumpers to wear over my dresses? I barely wear them because it’s too cold at the moment.
Bit of a silly one I'm such an overthinker! I've got about 2 stone to lose, just going slow with it but aiming to have it gone for summer. My big concern is none of my clothes fitting me anymore! I know some would view it as a nice opportunity to get a whole new wardrobe but I absolutely love the clothes I have already, I've spent a long time building up good quality pieces I'd hate to be without. I'm quite short so I imagine losing all that will make a big difference. I know you can get things tailored so that's something, has anyone done this before? Was it expensive/are there some items of clothing that simply can't be taken in? TIA!
I have a very little friend who gets all her clothing tailored to her height. She goes to an independent dry cleaners who also do alterations. It isn’t expensive but I imagine if you’re doing a whole wardrobe it will begin to add up.

When I lost weight I repurchased a lot of my favourite clothes like jeans for example just in the size I needed for the weight I’d lost, so I already knew I liked the Zara mom jeans so I just bought them off vinted or eBay so they were super cheap. Thinks like jumpers you could keep because they will just fit oversized which is on trend at the minute. You can get some really good bargains on vinted and eBay if you know what you are looking for!!!

Plus you can sell all your old clothes as well on vinted to help pay for your new wardrobe 😁

… then went through my wardrobe and got rid of about half of it
I’m doing this too. Hoping I’ll get enough on Vinted to get a couple of nicer new pieces.

I can’t believe how much I have NOT been dressing for my body for years. Also am so confused about boob size - mine have never been small but they seem to have grown when I gained some weight last year, then I’ve lost a bit of it but they’re still bigger. I wonder if doing two egg freezing cycles has anything to do with if? I can’t understand it otherwise. They definitely make me look much bigger overall 😭

I’m doing this too. Hoping I’ll get enough on Vinted to get a couple of nicer new pieces.

I can’t believe how much I have NOT been dressing for my body for years. Also am so confused about boob size - mine have never been small but they seem to have grown when I gained some weight last year, then I’ve lost a bit of it but they’re still bigger. I wonder if doing two egg freezing cycles has anything to do with if? I can’t understand it otherwise. They definitely make me look much bigger overall 😭
This happened to me. Always had average and then suddenly last year I gained the stone back I lost during lockdown and they are massive. I feel very out of proportion now.
---

Any recommendations for nice jumpers to wear over my dresses? I barely wear them because it’s too cold at the moment.

I have a very little friend who gets all her clothing tailored to her height. She goes to an independent dry cleaners who also do alterations. It isn’t expensive but I imagine if you’re doing a whole wardrobe it will begin to add up.
I have a friend who is similar, she does some herself but most she takes to a local dry cleaners.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I use this, technically just a primer but it evens skin tone, blurs pores and lightly mattifies.
It's incredibly light, and I totally forget I'm wearing it.

Otherwise you could try adding your favourite foundation to your moisturiser? I used to do that once I caught on to the absolute scam of tinted moisturiser! You could use a mattifying spray (tbh any of the calming facial spritzes seem to work on me for that) to set or just blot any excessive glow?
And now including the actual product link, sorry @sassquatch23 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.