Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just bought the Philip Kingsley Elasticiser after reading the reviews on here (thank you!). Those who are regular users, are there any tips or tricks you would recommend?

By they way, they also have 30% off the rose and lychee 500ml edition of it at the moment, in case anyone is interested!
What do you think of Philip Kingsley brand? Id never heard of it and got some bits I'm advent calendar from m&s! Volumising shampoo.....I'm just waiting for the volume to kick it!! Plus it left a residue in my hair, like it still needed to be washed??

Reactions: 2
Never got any great effects with the Elasticizer. Interested in what you think after you have used it.

Reactions: 3
Nice clean nails!

I always think everyone knows this already, but then I look around me in public transportation and I want to vomit when I see how many women don't take care 😱😱😱
I feel a bit guilty reading this - I never wear any nailpolish, I don't even own it anymore because I'm terrible at applying it nicely and simply go without. Instead I try to keep my nails in relatively good condition, no dirt, etc, but I always feel bad when I see the nice manicures so many have. They never looked that nice on me to begin with and typing 8+h a day plus housework ruined everything really quickly :(

Reactions: 4
Nice clean nails!

I always think everyone knows this already, but then I look around me in public transportation and I want to vomit when I see how many women don't take care 😱😱😱
I feel so ugly when I have bad nails. I bit them for about 24 years and managing to quit so I could have nice long nails is one of my greatest life achievements 🤣 I feel the same about my toenails now too, I hate feet but my feet with bare nails make me feel sick

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can anyone recommend a gel nail kit and lamp? I need to start saving money so I want to start doing my own again. I did in lockdown but threw it out when I was nesting 🤣🥴 and I can’t find the link to the one I had. I did buy the mylee builder gel too

Reactions: 1
I used to hate bare nails on feet, but I stopped painting them in lockdown and their condition improved enough for me to like the look. You get used to the look. What I do twice a week is put a tiny bit of water, enough to cover nails, in a foot bowl, and add about 60ml of hydrogen peroxide 3% (not any stronger than that), soak feet for 30 minutes. Voila, nice bright nails. People also use HP for brightening teeth (they use as mouthwash, diluted I would imagine) so don’t be put off by the name.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I used to hate bare nails on feet, but I stopped painting them in lockdown and their condition improved enough for me to like the look. You get used to the look. What I do twice a week is put a tiny bit of water, enough to cover nails, in a foot bowl, and add about 60ml of hydrogen peroxide 3% (not any stronger than that), soak feet for 30 minutes. Voila, nice bright nails. People also use HP for brightening teeth (they use as mouthwash, diluted I would imagine) so don’t be put off by the name.
I've never heard of aa foot bath like that! Think I'll try it out, I even have some HP on hand..... Thank you!

What do you think of Philip Kingsley brand? Id never heard of it and got some bits I'm advent calendar from m&s! Volumising shampoo.....I'm just waiting for the volume to kick it!! Plus it left a residue in my hair, like it still needed to be washed??
I wasn’t impressed by it, it was ok but for the money I think I was expecting a miracle

Reactions: 3
Never got any great effects with the Elasticizer. Interested in what you think after you have used it.
I will definitely report back!

It’s my first timing buying so no thoughts yet but am definitely hoping for a miracle at the price. I really really struggle with my hair and have never been able to blow dry, additionally straightend hair doesn’t suit me, so am keeping it all crossed that this product plus wonder water that a previous poster mentioned, will together help me look less like I’ve been dragged through a bush and improve the overall condition of my hair 🤞🏼

Can anyone recommend a gel nail kit and lamp? I need to start saving money so I want to start doing my own again. I did in lockdown but threw it out when I was nesting 🤣🥴 and I can’t find the link to the one I had. I did buy the mylee builder gel too
SUNUV lamps are really good, they're on Amazon. Nail kit - probably the best you're going to be able to access without a qualification would be Halo Gel or Bluesky. I've got a qualification so I use a mix of The Gel Bottle and Halo, and honestly for the price Halo is great.

@not_influenced I like the Elasticizer but to be honest I would say it depends on your hair and the condition etc. I find the mask really helps now I have balayage because the condition of my hair isn't great, but when I had healthy, natural hair, I wouldn't have bothered buying it for the price. On my natural hair, I wouldn't say there was any wild difference between Elasticizer and e.g. the garnier ultimate blends mask which is about a fiver for a big tub!

SUNUV lamps are really good, they're on Amazon. Nail kit - probably the best you're going to be able to access without a qualification would be Halo Gel or Bluesky. I've got a qualification so I use a mix of The Gel Bottle and Halo, and honestly for the price Halo is great.

@not_influenced I like the Elasticizer but to be honest I would say it depends on your hair and the condition etc. I find the mask really helps now I have balayage because the condition of my hair isn't great, but when I had healthy, natural hair, I wouldn't have bothered buying it for the price. On my natural hair, I wouldn't say there was any wild difference between Elasticizer and e.g. the garnier ultimate blends mask which is about a fiver for a big tub!
Thanks, my cousin has a nail qualification so I’ll get her to order me some

Good tip! I’m going to try on my toenails - years of tan have stained them yellow 😂

I also judge untidy, cruddy and dirty fingernails I have to say. Nails (my fingers! Clearly not toes as they only get an airing when I’m on holiday 😂) is one thing I never scrimp on. Mainlycos I’m tit at painting my own.

I get gel extensions, I know not everyone is a fan of them but I get them done rather short, not big claws 😅 I could never grow my own nails, tried everything under the sun, even the builder gel stuff done professionally and it didn't work for me. Feel much better since I started getting them done.

My uklash serum just arrived, excited. Has anyone used it on eyebrows? Or used the eyebrow one? Not sure if there is a difference in ingredients between the two

Good tip! I’m going to try on my toenails - years of tan have stained them yellow 😂

I also judge untidy, cruddy and dirty fingernails I have to say. Nails (my fingers! Clearly not toes as they only get an airing when I’m on holiday 😂) is one thing I never scrimp on. Mainlycos I’m tit at painting my own.
Yes, it should get rid of the yellow.

Tbf I always use a base coat on my toenails so they aren’t yellow, but my feet are really weird and I think they look like hands, so they just look better with varnish 😂

I’ve got ombré gel extensions atm but they need infilled every 10 or so days so I’m going back to short gel polish on my own nails.

Does anyone know of a Molecule One perfume dupe? I can’t believe that until these threads, I didn’t know dupes existed 😂

Does anyone know of a Molecule One perfume dupe? I can’t believe that until these threads, I didn’t know dupes existed 😂
Isn’t it about more than fragrance, meant to have pheromones in it? Bit harder to find than a dupe. It is meant to attract people to you. What if the dupe attracted mangy old cats? 🤔

A quick Google…

This perfume database gives smells like options…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.