Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My top 5 of 2022 are

• Vitamin C sheet masks
  • Maria Nila Structure Repair Hair Mask
  • Yerko antiperspirant
  • Glassdoor deodorant
  • Foamie Face bar cleanser

Reactions: 1
1. Amika Soulfood Hair mask
2. Amika Bond Repair Hair mask
3. The Rich Cream by Augustinus Bader- I got a small bottle in my beauty advent calendar and love it, I can’t see myself going back to my previous night cream 😳.
4. Lisa Eldridge Velvet lipstick in Fawn.
5. Lancôme Lash Idole mascara.
Was the rich cream from the cult beauty calendar? I got it as well. If you can’t wait until December, I reckon cult beauty will do another 30% off everything.

I get overwhelmed with too many options and end up leaving the shop or sticking to my staples. Do you just try random products?

Reactions: 2
Hey all, happy new year! Just popping in with a recommendation for a product I'm so impressed with. I've got really boring mousy brown hair that I hate, I used to colour it silver but the damage was causing it to fall out so I had to go back to my natural colour. I wanted a change but didn't want to commit to dyeing it again every month and damaging it again after it's been recovering so well. I bought Maria Nila Colour Refresh in Bright Red, the instructions say to leave it on for 10 minutes, when I did that it didn't really do much so was a bit disappointed. Yesterday I tried it again but put it on dry hair then left it for like 2 and a half hours, washed out and it's a lovely deep red!! So I got my new colour I wanted with no damage :love: highly recommend, they do lots of colours!

Reactions: 8
Hey all, happy new year! Just popping in with a recommendation for a product I'm so impressed with. I've got really boring mousy brown hair that I hate, I used to colour it silver but the damage was causing it to fall out so I had to go back to my natural colour. I wanted a change but didn't want to commit to dyeing it again every month and damaging it again after it's been recovering so well. I bought Maria Nila Colour Refresh in Bright Red, the instructions say to leave it on for 10 minutes, when I did that it didn't really do much so was a bit disappointed. Yesterday I tried it again but put it on dry hair then left it for like 2 and a half hours, washed out and it's a lovely deep red!! So I got my new colour I wanted with no damage :love: highly recommend, they do lots of colours!
Two and a half hours is a long time to subject your hair to dye. Be really gentle with it.

I get overwhelmed with too many options and end up leaving the shop or sticking to my staples. Do you just try random products?
I try something new every now and again and if I like it, it becomes a staple. If not, I don’t repurchase.

I’ve just got a Garnier vit C sheet mask, I’ve got them before but if i like it, it will become a regular.

Last edited:
Two and a half hours is a long time to subject your hair to dye. Be really gentle with it.
I think it should be alright, it's not so much a dye as a hair mask with some pigments in it! It's more meant for people who have dyed hair just to refresh the colour a bit but I saw it at work and thought it was worth a try haha. I will keep a wee eye though :)

I rely a lot on recommendations (increasingly from Tattlers!). Plus I just sort of enjoy the whole beauty product world and so when my budget allows I like to treat myself with a new product to try. I also never add more than one new skincare product in at once so I can see if it makes a difference or not.

But there's also nothing wrong with finding what you love and sticking with them, especially if its working for you!

Reactions: 6
I use Maria Nila in Sand and it is the perfect shade to just enhance my natural colour a tiny bit. I left it on wet washed hair for thirty minutes with just ten I also didn't get any result..
Admittedly a bit expensive so I might try a Wella dye when this one is empty.

Happy New Year! I’ve just found this thread so sorry if this has been asked before…but does anyone have any tips for growing a fringe out in a stylish way? I have it swept to the side at the moment which is ok but it does sometimes look like a weird toupee/combover…😂. My hair is quite think and prone to wave/frizz a bit.

• Haha
Happy New Year! I’ve just found this thread so sorry if this has been asked before…but does anyone have any tips for growing a fringe out in a stylish way? I have it swept to the side at the moment which is ok but it does sometimes look like a weird toupee/combover…😂. My hair is quite think and prone to wave/frizz a bit.
How about parting it in the middle a la Bridget Bardot?

Plaiting works for me. I learned how to french braid it and add in more hair to bulk it out and it looks pretty cool.

Reactions: 3
I think it should be alright, it's not so much a dye as a hair mask with some pigments in it! It's more meant for people who have dyed hair just to refresh the colour a bit but I saw it at work and thought it was worth a try haha. I will keep a wee eye though :)
I may try this as a refresh for my hair as it’s dyed red.

I’m wanting to try the cerave body wash for bumpy skin after hearing good things but can’t find it anywhere, where did you buy it for those who use it? Thanks x

I had mine trimmed so that it styled into my hairstyle. A centre parting with long sweeping bangs I think they’d call it 😅

I did a lot of side-braids when I was growing my fringe out last. But that was a while ago when Lauren Conrad's braids from Laguna Beach and The City were all the rage...no sure if it's a cool hairstyle any longer :LOL:

I use the copper one once a week to brighten up my colour….means I can go longer without a trip to the hairdressers

I’m in the same boat and I also have a cows lick to contend with 😬😂 I part mine just off centre, twist and pin it just above my ears.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.