Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t it about more than fragrance, meant to have pheromones in it? Bit harder to find than a dupe. It is meant to attract people to you. What if the dupe attracted mangy old cats? 🤔

A quick Google…

This perfume database gives smells like options…
I have bought the eBay version after buying the real deal previously. You can’t tell the difference and it’s so much cheaper. I wear it layered with other perfumes.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know of a Molecule One perfume dupe? I can’t believe that until these threads, I didn’t know dupes existed 😂
I didn’t get along with this scent - probably because I couldn’t smell it! (Which I’m aware you are not supposed to) I got it from Cult Beauty, no one commented on it once so it must really vary from person to person.

Reactions: 2
When buying jeans is it best for them to be a little tight at first as they’ll loosen over time or for them to be looser and they’ll shrink after a few washes?🤔 I’m thinking more for skinny jeans if that makes a difference. Been wearing ‘mom’ jeans for a few years now and I’m bored of them so looking to go back to skinny jeans for a bit.

Reactions: 1
Hi all! Olaplex users - do you wash your hair before using number 3? Never used to but seen some tik toks lately to apply to clean hair x

May be a silly question but would you put the beige gel liner on your upper or lower lid? And would it work on fair skin?

I’ve finally gotten through all these threads and am feeling excited about all of the tips and also like I’m about to be very poor 🤣
I just use it on my lower waterline x

Hi all! Olaplex users - do you wash your hair before using number 3? Never used to but seen some tik toks lately to apply to clean hair x
Yeah shampoo hair first as you would before putting conditioner on. I didn't find number 3 worked for my hair so I've moved on to number 8, it's fab. I leave it on all day and over night and rinse out the next day. Think my dry curly hair needs it!

What do you think of Philip Kingsley brand? Id never heard of it and got some bits I'm advent calendar from m&s! Volumising shampoo.....I'm just waiting for the volume to kick it!! Plus it left a residue in my hair, like it still needed to be washed??
I’ve tried a couple of bits (couldn’t tell you what!) that came from the M&S advent calendars also a couple of years in a row. Was never impressed and like you say there was a residue, but it also felt like my hair was weighed down by it.

Yeah shampoo hair first as you would before putting conditioner on. I didn't find number 3 worked for my hair so I've moved on to number 8, it's fab. I leave it on all day and over night and rinse out the next day. Think my dry curly hair needs it!
Thank you!!! I’ve used number 3 on and off for a few years now (stopped during maternity when my pay wouldn’t stretch to it) and I’ve always thought the same that I didn’t notice mad results but I don’t think it’s supposed to make the condition feel any better is it as it works from the inside out??

number 6 is my favourite 100%, my hair is quite frizzing naturally or if I use cheap shampoo/conditioner and this sorts it right out it’s so sleek!! I got it on a whim too as they were offering it free when you bought 3/4/5 I think!!

whereas number 8 for me I felt left my hair frizzy and tangled! So I used the rest of what I had at the same stage as number 3 rather than at the end of the routine!
Really want to try k18 but I do feel quite loyal to olaplex! X

I actually don't rate Olaplex at all. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it actually damaged my hair.
It’s not the same I only rate olaplex shampoo and I use it maybe 1/3 washes I have very long thick hair and it really does work also Color wow is good if you haven’t tried that yet x

I too don’t rate Olaplex. I have heavily coloured hair and can be quite dry and frizzy at the ends. I use these products and they are great for my hair My daughter used them at Christmas whilst she was staying with us. She loved them too

oooh is that like a luxury item that L’Oréal do? I thought they were just high street prices! Xx

I have bought the eBay version after buying the real deal previously. You can’t tell the difference and it’s so much cheaper. I wear it layered with other perfumes.
I did the reverse, first eBay version and then the original, there’s no difference.
It’s a scent I like but that I very much need to be in the mood for, it’s quite strong and longlasting on me. Nothing really casual about it and it doesn’t fade off.

Does anyone follow the curly girl method? After years of blow drying straight, I’m thinking of embarking on it and would love some tips!

Does anyone follow the curly girl method? After years of blow drying straight, I’m thinking of embarking on it and would love some tips!
Hey, I kind of do it. My hair is naturally curly and I'd been straightening it a lot over my 20s, 30s and early 40s. Lockdown was a blessing tbh. I stopped blow drying my hair every day and started using curly girl friendly products. My hair has never been better and I love my curls again! I don't follow CGM to the letter but it helped me find what works for me and my hair. My favourite products are by Cantu and As I Am.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey, I kind of do it. My hair is naturally curly and I'd been straightening it a lot over my 20s, 30s and early 40s. Lockdown was a blessing tbh. I stopped blow drying my hair every day and started using curly girl friendly products. My hair has never been better and I love my curls again! I don't follow CGM to the letter but it helped me find what works for me and my hair. My favourite products are by Cantu and As I Am.
Thank you I’ve just ordered some Cantu. Which products do you use?

Thank you I’ve just ordered some Cantu. Which products do you use?
So I like the Cantu Shea butter leave in conditioning cream and I also use the shampoo but I only shampoo once a week before I do an Olaplex treatment. The other times I was my hair I use the As I Am co-wash and cantu leave in conditioner. I use the candy define and shine custard to style my hair along with As I Am butter cream. Oh and Olaplex bonding oil before those as a heat protector before blow drying.

As with skincare it's all about finding what works for you. But I've never looked back. Also recommend tying your hair in a loose bun with a scrunchie for bed.

Good luck!

• Heart
So I like the Cantu Shea butter leave in conditioning cream and I also use the shampoo but I only shampoo once a week before I do an Olaplex treatment. The other times I was my hair I use the As I Am co-wash and cantu leave in conditioner. I use the candy define and shine custard to style my hair along with As I Am butter cream. Oh and Olaplex bonding oil before those as a heat protector before blow drying.

As with skincare it's all about finding what works for you. But I've never looked back. Also recommend tying your hair in a loose bun with a scrunchie for bed.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I’m excited to try some of these out 😊

• Heart
I follow curly girl!

I have high protein, low porosity type 2c curls. Its worth finding that out so you know what products are going to help your hair

I do no poo (no shampoo) and instead cowash with shea moisture conditioner. I finger detangle in the bath whilst it still has conditioner in. I then plop overnight. For non wash days I pineapple my hair and wear a silk bonnet or use a silk pillowcase.

I use cantu curl defining cream.

Wash twice a week.

• Heart
I follow curly girl!

I have high protein, low porosity type 2c curls. Its worth finding that out so you know what products are going to help your hair

I do no poo (no shampoo) and instead cowash with shea moisture conditioner. I finger detangle in the bath whilst it still has conditioner in. I then plop overnight. For non wash days I pineapple my hair and wear a silk bonnet or use a silk pillowcase.

I use cantu curl defining cream.

Wash twice a week.
Oh man, you're more hardcore than me!! I'm impressed. Suspect this is the way is the way to go rather than my half arsed attempt 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.