Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which Melatonin pills would you recommend? Daughter has shocking sleep so wondering if they would work.
I've always used this site to order from the US - very reliable, pretty quick, and they're forever sending discount codes, some of which you can stack, so the price can be pretty good!
I've tried a few different kinds and not really been disappointed, but I'd say keep an eye on the strength - I've ordered a low-dose a couple of times and run out very quickly because I've got to take a handful of them each time 😂

Reactions: 4
Ok…what were your top 5 buys of 2022 for beautifying yourself?

Mine
  1. MD Blow hairdryer
  2. Dizziak conditioner
  3. Bare Biology Collagen Powder
  4. Jo Loves Pomelo perfume
  5. Peaches and Cream cleanser (Soap and Glory)
Yours?
1. Vichy 89 mineral serum
2. Pink honey brow wax (life changing!!)
3. Paula’s choice exfoliator
4. La Roche posay spf 50
5. Dove fake tan lotion

Reactions: 2
Has anyone got any tips on how to get an at home blow dry to hold? Looks great for the first hour to two but then falls flat 🙃

Reactions: 1

Mine
  1. MD Blow hairdryer
  2. Dizziak conditioner
Yours?
1. cosrx snail mucin power essence
2. Paula's choice bha
3. Niacinamide - I use the balance one from Amazon/home bargains.
4. Revlon colourstay precision gel eyeliner in beige - really opens my eyes and lasts all day
5. Maybelline colossal curl mascara

Has anyone got any tips on how to get an at home blow dry to hold? Looks great for the first hour to two but then falls flat 🙃
Have you tried mousse? I know some people find that helps their hair hold curls better. I don't much like the feel of my hair with it though so rarely use it (and my curls then don't last long ha).

I've booked myself a lash lift & brow lamination for my birthday and I'm so excited 😊

Next month will be hair cut

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Have you tried mousse? I know some people find that helps their hair hold curls better. I don't much like the feel of my hair with it though so rarely use it (and my curls then don't last long ha).
So I tried extra hold hairspray last night after blow drying. I basically pin curled the bottom so the flick would hold (lol next joke) and then sprayed it. Took it out and it just didn’t work.

I didn’t know if rollers with pins would work? I just want it to hold without anything so it looks silky but I know I’m asking for too much. Hate how heavy my hair is sometimes 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So I tried extra hold hairspray last night after blow drying. I basically pin curled the bottom so the flick would hold (lol next joke) and then sprayed it. Took it out and it just didn’t work.

I didn’t know if rollers with pins would work? I just want it to hold without anything so it looks silky but I know I’m asking for too much. Hate how heavy my hair is sometimes 🙃
Yeah, if you have hair that doesn't hold a curl well I think you need product to help I'm afraid! I very much empathize!

I think because mousse is applied to the hair when damp (before you blow dry it and then curl) it helps 'set' the hair - in a different way to hairspray. Definitely try that in combination with pinning the curls up while they cool too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I had a similar problem but been using Percy and Reed mousse that came in my advent calendar. It really works and doesn’t feel grungy.
My daughter keeps telling me to use better hair products and not just whatever is on offer as it will make my hair look better and I think she might be right.

Reactions: 6
Ohh I've eyed that Argireline solution before! Might need to add it to my shopping list.
it’s good stuff! Definitely noticed my fine lines getting softer.
~
Tinted my brows and lashes today, filed my nails, will paint later. next job is doing my roots. Feel much better! Now if I could just get rid of this bloody flu! 😭

Reactions: 9

Mine
  1. MD Blow hairdryer
  2. Dizziak conditioner
Yours?
1. Dyson Airwrap
2. Uriage water sleep mask
3. Nuxe body oils
4. REN tonic
5. Paradox hair mask / conditioner

Hey I know it’s £££ but the Dyson airwrap and some sea salt spray works so well if you haven’t already tried.

Mine are:

1. skin+me prescription - mine currently has azaelic acid, niacinamide and tretinoin in it and it’s working well.
2. LRP cicaplast Baumé for hydration - love it!
3. Korean skin towels to exfoliate in the shower, gentle enough to go over my psoriasis and seeing all the dry skin rub off is disgusting yet amazing!
4. Laneige sleep lip mask - wake up to lovely soft lips.
5. Saxenda prescription for weight loss - tried it earlier in the year but stupidly didn’t use it correctly so have started again, day 2 was today and so far really enjoying not constantly thinking about food/not feeling hungry all the time.

Reactions: 5
Mine are:

1. skin+me prescription - mine currently has azaelic acid, niacinamide and tretinoin in it and it’s working well.
2. LRP cicaplast Baumé for hydration - love it!
3. Korean skin towels to exfoliate in the shower, gentle enough to go over my psoriasis and seeing all the dry skin rub off is disgusting yet amazing!
4. Laneige sleep lip mask - wake up to lovely soft lips.
5. Saxenda prescription for weight loss - tried it earlier in the year but stupidly didn’t use it correctly so have started again, day 2 was today and so far really enjoying not constantly thinking about food/not feeling hungry all the time.
If you don’t mind me asking - how do you get a prescription for Saxenda? Is there a certain criteria to meet and is it expensive?

If you don’t mind me asking - how do you get a prescription for Saxenda? Is there a certain criteria to meet and is it expensive?
I got mine from boots online doctor. It’s £250 for 5 pens which lasted me about 3 months last time I used them. Yes you have to meet a certain criteria which I believe is BMI 28 which I currently am (5ft 2 and 10 stone 13). I was approved in less than 24 hours and picked up the following day.

There’s a whole Saxenda thread here, which is full of advice
Thank you! I’ll take a look :) x

I got mine from boots online doctor. It’s £250 for 5 pens which lasted me about 3 months last time I used them. Yes you have to meet a certain criteria which I believe is BMI 28 which I currently am (5ft 2 and 10 stone 13). I was approved in less than 24 hours and picked up the following day.
thanks for your response :)

Mine are:

I did the trial thing where you only pay for postage, I am so impressed with the results in just a couple of weeks! Definitely would like to continue this but not sure I can justify the cost atm with life costs 😩

If its in your budget though I definitely recommend to give them a go!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.