Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In an attempt to look polished, I had some lowlights put in yesterday (over old balayage) and I’m happy with them generally but he’s taken out just a tad too much of the blonde.

Is it utter madness to think about trying to put a few lighter streaks back through myself? I’d just want to do a tiny few strands at the front and then a few (like 20 max) in the mid layers throughout. I just can’t face spending more on a hairdresser doing them, but I’m also nervous about handling bleach and destroying my hair which is perfectly fine really. It’s just I feel for the first time in my life people won’t look at me and say “she’s blonde”. Is that silly? I’ve been a natural light (and gradually darker) blonde all my life and I feel like it’s part of my identity, and this is just a tiny bit too dark.

On another topic- Does anyone have any tips on making a capsule wardrobe? I tried to make a list of what I would say are ‘essentials’ and still had about 50 things on there just for a winter wardrobe!
i did a massive clear out the other day and am now trying to get rid of 3 more things a week (clear out done so that it makes it harder and I actually have to think about what to get rid of!).
There’s some good videos on YouTube. Slightly similar but I’m into minimalism.

It’s not one size fits all though. You don’t have to have a set number of clothes to have.

In an attempt to look polished, I had some lowlights put in yesterday (over old balayage) and I’m happy with them generally but he’s taken out just a tad too much of the blonde.

Is it utter madness to think about trying to put a few lighter streaks back through myself? I’d just want to do a tiny few strands at the front and then a few (like 20 max) in the mid layers throughout. I just can’t face spending more on a hairdresser doing them, but I’m also nervous about handling bleach and destroying my hair which is perfectly fine really. It’s just I feel for the first time in my life people won’t look at me and say “she’s blonde”. Is that silly? I’ve been a natural light (and gradually darker) blonde all my life and I feel like it’s part of my identity, and this is just a tiny bit too dark.
My salon has a policy that if you’re not happy- you should tell them and they will try to fix it free of charge. Not if you go back to someone else though and do stuff on yourself.

Not saying you can’t dye it yourself just be careful going through it by yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It is meant to attract people to you. What if the dupe attracted mangy old cats? 🤔
I am dying laughing at this - read it out of context (and didn’t know Molecule One exists so am off to look it up!) and nearly spat out my coffee and now I laugh every time I think about it

Reactions: 2
Sorry if this has already been asked, but any advice on dealing with redness/razor bumps? I get them quite badly and it always makes me feel embarrassed. (Too nervous to go for a wax also!!!)
body brushing! I found it to be really good for shaving, it exfoliates well before a shave and change your razor blade frequently. I still have some redness/bumps but thats when i’ve been lazh and havent changed my razor 🤣 also never use the same razor for bikini and legs/underarms

I have heard of people who have also had success with glycolic acid exfoliation but I haven’t tried that as I am happy with the body brush.

body brushing! I found it to be really good for shaving, it exfoliates well before a shave and change your razor blade frequently. I still have some redness/bumps but thats when i’ve been lazh and havent changed my razor 🤣 also never use the same razor for bikini and legs/underarms

I have heard of people who have also had success with glycolic acid exfoliation but I haven’t tried that as I am happy with the body brush.
Thank you!
I’ll get one ordered! Xx

So add conditioner, cowash, rinse out. Add conditioner again, detangle, leave in for 5 minutes whilst I wash my body, shave etc & then wash out.

Curly hair should be dried using an old cotton tee shirt or a microfiber towel (avoids frizz) plopping is where you've wrapped your hair in a towel/tee and leave it for hours to dry.

I personally don't use heat on my hair but some people use a diffuser
Using an old cotton tshirt instead of a towel has been a real game changer for me. My hair is in much better condition as a result.

Isn’t it funny how sometimes the cheapest and easiest of adjustments can bring the best results?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry about the gaps on my post. Tattle is proper playing up for me of late

I go for the lightest one but I know CT have a skin matcher Online
I got the lightest one as well - I don’t know what it does, but it’s amazing! It’s not exactly a foundation or a highlighter but somewhere between the two. I think I’ll get another shade to mix in when they’re back in stock.

That’s now become one of my staples! I love it when that happens - trying a new product and it turns out to be great.

Apologies if it’s been mentioned on here before (I’m sure it has!) but has anybody had laser hair? I am booked in for a patch test for my top lip. How many sessions do you need for the hair to completely go? Debating getting my legs done too.

Apologies if it’s been mentioned on here before (I’m sure it has!) but has anybody had laser hair? I am booked in for a patch test for my top lip. How many sessions do you need for the hair to completely go? Debating getting my legs done too.
What kind of laser? I had 10 sessions for legs, bikini,and underarms and it didn't work for me, only got a small reduction. From what I heard, face usually takes longer than other areas. If I was going to do it again, I think I would look at electrolysis.

What kind of laser? I had 10 sessions for legs, bikini,and underarms and it didn't work for me, only got a small reduction. From what I heard, face usually takes longer than other areas. If I was going to do it again, I think I would look at electrolysis.
I also had 10 sessions on my underarms and while its lighter, finer and grows slower it has not worked. My waxer said it can depend on hormones as well as I have suspected PCOS and its therefore unlikely to work.

@StillLucilleBluth I wouldn't duck with bleach at home. Can go wrong way too easily, you can over process and fry it, under process and it's orange, can snap off, etc.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but it's probably as good as any - I don't usually have dry skin but the cold has left me with a couple of patches of really dry skin on my face, my usual moisturiser isn't cutting it, can anyone recommend an intensive one I can use for a bit?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I also had 10 sessions on my underarms and while its lighter, finer and grows slower it has not worked. My waxer said it can depend on hormones as well as I have suspected PCOS and its therefore unlikely to work.
Interesting. I had blood tests done and apparently all hormones in order but I'm not convinced lol. It's frustrating though, but electrolysis is meant to be actually permanent while IPL is basically hair reduction rather than removal, or at least that's what I've read.

@StillLucilleBluth I wouldn't duck with bleach at home. Can go wrong way too easily, you can over process and fry it, under process and it's orange, can snap off, etc.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but it's probably as good as any - I don't usually have dry skin but the cold has left me with a couple of patches of really dry skin on my face, my usual moisturiser isn't cutting it, can anyone recommend an intensive one I can use for a bit?
La Roche possay cicaplast baume maybe

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Weleda skin food is a life saver for my skin in the colder months.

The trick is to rub it into your fingers first to warm it up so you can apply it easier, otherwise it can feel really thick.

Its Great base for make up as well 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Weleda skin food is a life saver for my skin in the colder months.

The trick is to rub it into your fingers first to warm it up so you can apply it easier, otherwise it can feel really thick.

Its Great base for make up as well 😉
The light version of Skin Food is great too

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have and it’s worked great for me. I had my underarms done professionally and I now get no regrowth there at all. I think I had 10 sessions altogether.

I do the rest of my body at home with the Phillips IPL system. I’ve seen a significant reduction with the Phillips IPL but do still get some regrowth. I’ve been using it for about 18 months I’d say.

I also have PCOS so do have a lot of hair to get rid of. It works completely differently for everyone and the only way to really know if it will work for you is to go ahead and try it.

I’ve had about 8 sessions for Hollywood and underarms, I get no hair growth now as long as I have a ‘top up’ once every 6 months or so. So worth it, especially when Laser Clinics UK do deals on it- I think I paid about £150 for all 8 sessions for both!

Reactions: 3
Damn it! I spent £24 on Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo as I'd heard what a great detox it is. Been using it as recommended for the past three weeks but it was only when I used it last that I noticed its not to be used on colour treated hair.

I've used semi-perm box colours for years and I don't think it would have bothered me to use it when my colour needed doing again at home but I had my hair professionally coloured yesterday with a permanent and I really want to maintain it.

I'm disappointed as I really liked the Bumble shampoo and it's not cheap 😪

Any recommendations for clarifying shampoos safe to use on coloured hair?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
has anyone heard of ShowerTok?
I don't have tiktok, but stumbled across it in this Bustle article and it sounded 1) mostly like those things are bad for your skin long-term and 2) some of those "hacks" that tiktok folks don't realise have been around forever.

has anyone heard of ShowerTok?
I don't have tiktok, but stumbled across it in this Bustle article and it sounded 1) mostly like those things are bad for your skin long-term and 2) some of those "hacks" that tiktok folks don't realise have been around forever.
Oh interesting! I’d missed this Yeah it’s nothing revolutionary but I kind of like it? 😅 I love baths and am totally for an involved Shower or Bath routine 😆

Definitely sounds like some could be over exfoliating? I love those Japanese shower cloths but only for a weekly scrub not every day (I use the green ones).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.