Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do like the idea of smelling nice and fresh all day long, it's been a lifelong pursuit of mine :ROFLMAO: but then, who wouldn't like that idea?
I also like the idea of a nice shower ritual, but I know myself, I'm lazy and get overwhelmed with too many products. I shower every morning and often simply don't even want to use body lotion, even though I really should for my dry skin. All in all, it sounds like a bit of a faff to me, and like those extreme 13-step face routines.... but can't help but be fascinated by it!

Anyway, I like Kissmee's for exfoliation, they are like those Turkish kese towels. But also not for every day, that would be too much.

Reactions: 2
I don't even ever use body moisturiser, I just absolutely hate it, makes me feel horrible. And most lotions make my skin itchy and give me a rash.

Might get one of the in shower moisturisers but I don't usually think they do much

Reactions: 1
I don't even ever use body moisturiser, I just absolutely hate it, makes me feel horrible. And most lotions make my skin itchy and give me a rash.

Might get one of the in shower moisturisers but I don't usually think they do much
I'm the same with body moisturisers...no matter how light-weight they are, I feel icky, gross, cold and itchy.

I've been using this recently and so far really like it. it sinks nicely into my skin without the sticky/oily feeling. I don't love the smell, but it isn't long lasting so am okay with it.

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 15.17.08.png

I'm the same with body moisturisers...no matter how light-weight they are, I feel icky, gross, cold and itchy.

I've been using this recently and so far really like it. it sinks nicely into my skin without the sticky/oily feeling. I don't love the smell, but it isn't long lasting so am okay with it.

View attachment 1860054
I love a body oil after showering/bathing in the winter! On Damp skin (and stood right by the heated towel rail to stay warm :LOL: )The Nuxe one is my fav cause of the smell, but it's a bit more expensive than the Palmers.

Reactions: 4
Oh me and the kids love some good moisturiser. I use Dove baby for them and Dove Pro age for me. They smell like a bar of Dove for ages and I have a light fragrance to me all day.

Reactions: 3
I love a body oil after showering/bathing in the winter! On Damp skin (and stood right by the heated towel rail to stay warm :LOL: )The Nuxe one is my fav cause of the smell, but it's a bit more expensive than the Palmers.
I did actually start looking at some fancier body oils online after I posted that. Nuxe did come up...they have a few different ones. Which one do you use?

I wouldn't say I hate body moisturizer, but I also get cold from them and at the same time somehow sweaty. Never figured out what ingredient it is that does it. I also get that on my face....
I used to have one of those Nivea in-shower moisturizers years ago, it smelled very nice just like the blue tin Nivea stuff (i love that scent). I don't think it did much for my skin, tbh, but the scent stayed on quite long, so if you just wanted it for that it should be fine. Just need to be careful, it does make the floor quite slippery.

Ok, now something slightly TMI and it's probably not quite the right thread, but here it goes: I think I have a yeast infection - I don't have anything at home for it and will probably go to the pharmacy tomorrow if it doesn't feel better by then, but that should be alright. I might try some yogurt first as I heard that that helps with the stupid itchy feeling.
The :sick: part about it: I think I may have gotten it at a relative's house. We spend New Year with the same people every year and for the past three years I've always seemed to have this shorty after we visited them. Is that even possible? It makes me feel so yucky, but I can't recall having one and not having been at their place before. I want to dive into some bleach to un-ick myself, but I actually don't even know whether it's possible to catch a yeast infection like that.

The nivea in shower moisturiser is quite good. You rub it in whilst in the shower and then do a quick rinse before you come out. You’re moisturised, warm and not sticky after 🤣

I find body butters are a lot better for that non sticky feeling.

Wish I could just come
Out the shower without anything but my body is SO dry that i feel uncomfortable and look ashy.

The nivea in shower moisturiser is quite good. You rub it in whilst in the shower and then do a quick rinse before you come out. You’re moisturised, warm and not sticky after 🤣

I find body butters are a lot better for that non sticky feeling.

Wish I could just come
Out the shower without anything but my body is SO dry that i feel uncomfortable and look ashy.
Yeah that's the one I've used before. Will get it again.
See I don't often feel like my skin is dry. The weird thing is I never used to even use hand cream and my hands only felt dry sometimes. Then I started using hand cream and now I can't stand not putting hand cream on 😅 it's as if moisturising made my skin more dry

Apologies if it’s been mentioned on here before (I’m sure it has!) but has anybody had laser hair? I am booked in for a patch test for my top lip. How many sessions do you need for the hair to completely go? Debating getting my legs done too.
I've had laser hair removal. I tried IPL first but it didn't work, then did some research and chose Alexandrite laser. My last sessions were pre-pandemic so there may well be newer, better laser technology available now but Alexandrite worked really well for my skin/hair combinations (pale skin and dark hair). It's more effective where you have thicker, darker hair follicles because there is more matter to absorb the laser, so it was most effective on my underarms and bikini which are pretty much bare now and have stayed so for years. My leg hair is the finest/lighest hair on my body and it was less effective after the same number of sessions - I still have patches, but it reduced the hair enough that it's helped with ingrown hairs and my keratosis pilaris, and I can bother shaving less. Off the top of my head I had 10+ sessions of Alexandrite. If your skin is darker there may be other more effective lasers - its all to do with the wavelength of the laser beam (and another reason why Alexandrite and similar products are more effective than IPL - they are producing laser beams at specific wavelengths, whereas IPL is pulsing at a range of wavelengths (and also isn't true laser))

Alexandrite was more painful than IPL, but pre-laser I used to epilate my bikini and underarms, so I had already really built up my pain tolerance.

Evening all! Hope you’re all good.

I am interested to see if anyone else seems to suffer from breakage/flyaways on one side of their hair only? It’s not like I sleep on that side either.
My hair is worn in a middle part for reference.

Has anyone got any idea of what I could do? 🤣😖

Evening all! Hope you’re all good.

I am interested to see if anyone else seems to suffer from breakage/flyaways on one side of their hair only? It’s not like I sleep on that side either.
My hair is worn in a middle part for reference.

Has anyone got any idea of what I could do? 🤣😖
Could wear a silk hair bonnet at night?

I use Vaseline cocoa oil on my body and it’s the best. Leaves a lovely sheen and has really smoothed my skin out.

Anything but Palmers cocoa butter. I hate the smell. It’s cloying
A girl at work used to use it and had to be asked to use something else as we were in a small office and it was overpowering

Weleda skin food is a life saver for my skin in the colder months.

The trick is to rub it into your fingers first to warm it up so you can apply it easier, otherwise it can feel really thick.

Its Great base for make up as well 😉
Ahh thanks for this - I never knew to warm it up first, I’ve recently started using it and I love it but now I know.

• Heart
Anything but Palmers cocoa butter. I hate the smell. It’s cloying
A girl at work used to use it and had to be asked to use something else as we were in a small office and it was overpowering
Strange comment here but I think that brand smells like tit.

Booked in for my consultation. Decided duck it I'm gonna see if he can get me upto an E cup. This year is the year I do it!
I’m considering getting a boob job this year. Something I’ve been wanting for years I’ve done so much research. I have a few recommendations I’m hoping to get it done some time in March.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.