Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a nice red lipstick that suits olive skin and is long lasting but hydrating ~ also any thoughts on best reasonable fake tan I currently use the ambre solaire spray for body as a day to day pick me up but following advice from here am thinking a nice once a week full body glow up will help banish the jan blues and generally look a bit more polished as I don’t tend to wear much if any make up unless it’s for a night out xx

Reactions: 1
I love a body oil after showering/bathing in the winter! On Damp skin (and stood right by the heated towel rail to stay warm :LOL: )The Nuxe one is my fav cause of the smell, but it's a bit more expensive than the Palmers.
oh my god the nuxe one smells divine!!

Can anyone recommend a nice red lipstick that suits olive skin and is long lasting but hydrating ~ also any thoughts on best reasonable fake tan I currently use the ambre solaire spray for body as a day to day pick me up but following advice from here am thinking a nice once a week full body glow up will help banish the jan blues and generally look a bit more polished as I don’t tend to wear much if any make up unless it’s for a night out xx
I use Chanel Pirate.
Only because I read about it in a Sheila Flanagan novel and it was did to be the shade that suits everyone.
It is lovely, but before you commit I suggest you go to a Chanel counter and get them to try it on you.

• Heart
They make a perfume too! It's delicious. I know you used to only be able to buy it in France but I think maybe its available here in the UK now too.
I didn’t know there was a perfume!! Thank you! Off to have a look

I got these in my Xmas stocking 😂 you get the rose one, original and the shimmering one in the box
View attachment 1861163
gorgeous 🥰 I had a tiny normal one in my look fantastic advent calendar, can’t get over the smell

I think I read somewhere that Nars do a red lipstick that suits everyone, but I couldn’t find it - maybe someone on this thread has used it?

I like the look of the Tom Ford here:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Any recommendations for hair growth? I’d like mine to be much longer in the summer again. Also, anyone who’s been using UKLash, did you notice that it’s stopped working? It’s been using it religiously and I feel like there’s been no improvement recently.

Any recommendations for hair growth? I’d like mine to be much longer in the summer again. Also, anyone who’s been using UKLash, did you notice that it’s stopped working? It’s been using it religiously and I feel like there’s been no improvement recently.
I’ve started taking Dose & Co collagen creamer in my coffee every morning and my hair has grown so much!

I had great results for growth with the hair burst gummies. I took them initially for thickness as I lost a lot of hair post partum. It didnt help that but it grew so much in 3 months!

Rinsing your hair with rosemary oil is supposed to stimulate growth. Just 1 or 2 drops in jug of water does the trick. Leaves lovely shine too but not greasy.

I'm a convert to the Blowout Professor, I've been following his washing and styling methods with great success, this is his advice on growth

Reactions: 4
I'm a convert to the Blowout Professor, I've been following his washing and styling methods with great success, this is his advice on growth

I keep meaning to look at his videos, you recommended them before. I am rubbish at blow drying, is there any particular one you recommend?

I keep meaning to look at his videos, you recommended them before. I am rubbish at blow drying, is there any particular one you recommend?
I tend to use my blow dryer just to rough dry (I have an old Babyliss ionic one which is fine) and if I bother further I'll style with fat barrel tongs (Tresemme) or a straightener (Hot Tools). But I'm thinking about a round brush dryer as I'm lazy and hate doing my hair so a one-stop tool would be handy. Considering Babyliss, maybe a rotating one, or Revlon, prob the medium brush size. But as my current tools are sufficient this goes against my attempts to not buy unnecessary stuff.

I like to avoid heat as much as possible so I tend to put root spray in, rough dry roots only then twist up to cool. My hair is fine, straight, shoulder length, and box dyed.

Reactions: 2
Any recommendations for good shampoo and conditioners, I’ve always used high street brands but want to start taking better care of my hair
I have fairly healthy hair already as don’t dye it but it is straight and fine hair if that helps 😂

What casual, comfy clothes do y’all wear at the weekends. So you look relaxed and warm but still groomed / put together … and not like a homeless lady wearing 27 layers. I find casual dressing hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.