Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Thought this might be of interest to some people, I really like her she explains simply and has a ton of different video for different needs.

Reactions: 4

Millais

Chatty Member
Can any pale ladies (or others) advise on berry lipstick? I love the berry lips on Wednesday and Morticia in the new series but I don’t want to look like I’m in costume, especially as I was often unfavourably compared to Wednesday in school haha. I’m palest-foundation-shade-before-they-expanded-the-colour-ranges with very dark brown hair so the risk of going full Wednesday is considerable.

Any product recommendations or general advice? I know they used the Mac liner in Nightmoth over lip balm to soften it on the show.

• Haha
  • Heart

Hanna21

Chatty Member
I do this too and my nails are now naturally long + strong - for the first time in my life!

I use the Mylee gel range. It’s a bit more pricey than some brands on Amazon but I find the colours are a lot more vibrant. You can pick it up in boots too!
I use mylee too and a few of the girls at work do, get a good 2-3 weeks and it takes no time at all compared to going to a salon.

I got the lamp set with the classics range - red , burgundy, two pinkish nudes , top coat and base . Remover, wipes, etc, Then I’ve bought a builder gel too and I’m all set. all in all cost the same as around 3 appointments as I’m not one for trying loads of different colours 😂

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
Can we talk feet please 🤢 sorry. I’m constantly moisturising and pumicing mine but they never look very nice. Any tips?

Also has anyone used a Philips lumea? I’m thinking of getting one.

• Heart

ack13

Ive been influenced by whoever suggested the Korean skin towel. Read the reviews and ordered last night. I cant wait to try it!
I think that may have been me. I hope you love it as much as I do. Just remember if you are using in the shower, make sure you have been in for a few mins before using the mitt and it may seem initially like nothing is happened but then all of a sudden, these rolls of dead skin start to appear on your arms/legs (sounds awful I know but makes your skin sooo soft)

Does anyone have any recommendations for beauty podcasts/blogs?

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
Does anyone have a working promo code for Ouai? I really want to get the scalp and body scrub but I’m meant to be saving up for our first home and spending £32 plus delivery on a scrub is nauseating 🤣🥺🫶🏻

• Heart

fakesheikh

Chatty Member
Right everyone, not even sure if this is the right place but feck it. What’s everyone doing to stave off this lurgy? My partner just said I’m “always ill” and tbh, he’s got a point. I’ve had a chesty cough for days, permanently runny nose, sore body and just feel under the weather. I take iron, zinc, vit d and have a relatively healthy diet (ignore the daily white creme 🥚 egg).

how does everyone stay HEALTHY?! my immune system is shot to shit.
I also have two young kids which won’t help 😅

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Any recommendations for hair growth? I’d like mine to be much longer in the summer again. Also, anyone who’s been using UKLash, did you notice that it’s stopped working? It’s been using it religiously and I feel like there’s been no improvement recently.
I'm a convert to the Blowout Professor, I've been following his washing and styling methods with great success, this is his advice on growth

not_influenced

VIP Member
I did a big clear out at end of summer. Summer & Winter clothes. Tried on everything in my wardrobe with correct under garment and shoes. Standing, walking and sitting. Threw out 80% of it. Now trying to rebuild with key pieces. I follow Lydia, think her second name is Thomason on YouTube! Very good if that's your style/taste

• Heart

D2them

Is a lift lash and tint worth it? Was looking to book for January. This year my plan is to treat myself for a change. Also on the plan is a tiny but of botox around the crows feet
Absolutely worth it! I was getting them regularly as I know wfh mainly and it made me feel slightly prettier without having to put make up on. Highly recommend!

• Heart

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
I get my bum done when I get my Hollywood every six weeks or so. You could probably ask to get stomach waxed then too!
Definitely! waxing is the best thing I ever did, I was so nervous to go at first and put it off forever but once you find a nice person to do it, it’s not bad at all.

harveydean

VIP Member
I don’t actually have it anymore but the main staples were;
Faux Leather trousers and leggings
Blue Straight legs jeans
mom jeans
Black plain skinny jeans
Nude leggings
Black leggings
White Shirt dress
Couple of nice thick jumpers for over the shirt dress
Couple of plain thin turtlenecks
Couple of plain round neck tops/bodysuits
Plain white shirt
Cropped jumper for over said shirt
A few good quality tights
Black side slit mini skirt
Grey plated mini skirt
Black skort
Black heeled boots
Black Chelsea boots
Doc martens
High top converse
Chunky trainers
Grey cashmere jumper
White tracksuit set
Knee high heeled black boots
Leather jacket
Aviator jacket
Fitted black blazer
Oversized nude blazer
Massive long black puffy coat (I love it even though I look like a football manager in it)
Fitted black ribbed mini dress
Ugg ultra mini (not a great choice tbh as I don’t see them staying in style for long)

I do have a fair bit more than this but these are the ones I think I’ll get most wear out of, and may cut my wardrobe down more yet.

I’m debating adding a trench coat and some of those black loafers everyone seems to be wearing, but will give it a month and see if I still want them!

and then gym outfits and about 5 going out outfits (like white wide leg trousers, corset crop top and heels) ontop of this, also I have a whole other one for summer!

I tried to get things that aren’t just a fad style and also I’m (slowly) getting rid of bits from fast fashion places (good bye shein :( ) and replacing them with high quality bits, mostly off vinted.
This is basically mine too, but I have Chelsea boots, loafers (faux Gucci ones from H&M) and white Veja. I’ve also bought a double breasted mac for the spring, as well as a black cap and new Raybans

pommynoir

VIP Member
Revitalash Advanced is the best eyelash serum but it’s insanely expensive. I tried UK Lash not expecting much but it’s pretty good.

I also get LVLs done which are AMAZING if you want beautifully curled eyelashes with no effort. They really make your eyes pop. They’re also quite expensive now though (£40 where I live) and last about 6 weeks so may not be something you can do all the time! They don’t damage your eyelashes though like extensions.
I really want to try LVL, but I already feel crazy getting my nails done every two weeks when I work from home and only go to my local on a Saturday 😂😂😂

• Haha