Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if I’m late to the party with this but I’ve just seen on feel unique that you can order 5 samples a month for £3.95 postage. Might be a way of trying products out, think I’m going to order some samples later. Going to post this to the honest skincare thread too!
I’ve used this a few times, it’s really good! I love it for perfume samples, hair masks and face masks.

Reactions: 2
Not sure if I’m late to the party with this but I’ve just seen on feel unique that you can order 5 samples a month for £3.95 postage. Might be a way of trying products out, think I’m going to order some samples later. Going to post this to the honest skincare thread too!
Omg I didn’t know this! Amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: 1
You also get a code at the same time which gives you £3.95 off of your next order, to offset the postage. Or you used to, haven’t used for a while. I used to get perfume samples off of them. You can filter by - i.e phial, tube, sachet. I tried not to bother with the sachets.

Reactions: 3
I believe this is the time of year when laser hair removal salons will be offering promotions 🙂

• Haha
Does anyone colour their hair at home? I get highlights and a toner at the salon but my hair grows really fast and I just cannot afford the upkeep in the current climate. Last time I wasn’t even particularly happy with it. This is 3 months regrowth, I wish I could do a root touch up, or go a bit darker on the lengths to blend it in. Was looking at box dyes but know I’ll regret it as I prefer a cooler tone and it’s more difficult to achieve at home. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommended budget options.
28CA1776-63F2-4B4A-B8F3-4E5F548E16C2.jpeg

Does anyone colour their hair at home? I get highlights and a toner at the salon but my hair grows really fast and I just cannot afford the upkeep in the current climate. Last time I wasn’t even particularly happy with it. This is 3 months regrowth, I wish I could do a root touch up, or go a bit darker on the lengths to blend it in. Was looking at box dyes but know I’ll regret it as I prefer a cooler tone and it’s more difficult to achieve at home. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommended budget options.
View attachment 1550425
Is there a training salon near you? They regularly look for models near me and it’s all fully supervised but a fraction of the cost. You do need to be a little patient though as obviously the process takes longer than with a fully qualified stylist.

Reactions: 7
Is there a training salon near you? They regularly look for models near me and it’s all fully supervised but a fraction of the cost. You do need to be a little patient though as obviously the process takes longer than with a fully qualified stylist.
Theres a college🙂 I’ll look into that thanks

@teabob you can use an ash-toned box dye and a purple shampoo to remove any brassiness that may come through. The 9 shades from Clairol or Garnier are good - get a natural light ash blonde. I'm doing mine tomorrow with Garnier shade 9.13.

@teabob you can use an ash-toned box dye and a purple shampoo to remove any brassiness that may come through. The 9 shades from Clairol or Garnier are good - get a natural light ash blonde. I'm doing mine tomorrow with Garnier shade 9.13.
Thanks for the suggestion. Years ago I used a L’Oréal castings that gave me decent results but the shade was discontinued :cry: I’m scared I gingerfy my roots. How do you do it? I’ve been watching YouTube videos and I always put the colour on my roots first because they’re darker but it seems that you shouldn’t do this as it’s non processed hair and can cos the “hot roots” thing where they turn out warmer and more vivid than the rest of your hair.

Thanks for the suggestion. Years ago I used a L’Oréal castings that gave me decent results but the shade was discontinued :cry: I’m scared I gingerfy my roots. How do you do it? I’ve been watching YouTube videos and I always put the colour on my roots first because they’re darker but it seems that you shouldn’t do this as it’s non processed hair and can cos the “hot roots” thing where they turn out warmer and more vivid than the rest of your hair.
I do my roots about every 6 weeks, can't stand the grown-out look. Just follow the instructions from the box dye, the important part is the purple shampoo to cancel yellow/orange tones as without the shampoo that's what you'll get. It's recommended to massage the shampoo on and leave it for 2-5 minutes; I try to go somewhere in between that to make sure the brassy tones are cancelled out, but not the full 5 minutes because that starts turning my really light bits of hair blue/silver. The roots may still be a little warm-toned after the first wash, but a second wash with purple shampoo should zap that. Any purple shampoo should do the trick - I got a nice one in TK Maxx but L'Oreal do a decent one, there's no need to get something pricey.

I've not tried this myself but you can also get a toner to mix yourself at home, there's loads of choice on Amazon etc.

• Heart
Oh lord, I've got an interview this week with a VIP Company. I'm 53 and do not own any make-up anymore, my hair is a mix of 2a and 2b curls which I love but does look a bit of an unruly mess most of the time, absolutely panicking. The only good thing is I'm on earlies until Tuesday so I'll be up at 5am which does give me plenty of time to sort myself out. Groomed is not a look I've ever aspired to.

• Heart
Oh lord, I've got an interview this week with a VIP Company. I'm 53 and do not own any make-up anymore, my hair is a mix of 2a and 2b curls which I love but does look a bit of an unruly mess most of the time, absolutely panicking. The only good thing is I'm on earlies until Tuesday so I'll be up at 5am which does give me plenty of time to sort myself out. Groomed is not a look I've ever aspired to.
Good luck with your interview! Can you do a bun or similar with your hair, in case you don't want to have it open? Buns are my go-to, even if my hair itself has the shittiest of all bad hair days, they come out okay and they're probably interview-approved regardless of what type of company you're interviewing with.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’d like a new perfume that smells ‘ Expensive old money’ if you know what I mean

I like masculine scents or clean or maybe not sure how to describe not fruity

I have molecule 1, Byredos gypsy water and Mojave Ghost and Creed Aventus

any suggestions
Have you tried any of the penhaligon’s scents?

Reactions: 4
View attachment 1550425
If you wanted to try the next time your in the hairdressers and ask them to do a “root smudge” with your highlights you would get way longer out of it as they don’t do it right up to the roots! It looks lovely as it grows out too, the translation between your roots and the highlights would be wayyyyy smoother

If you wanted to try the next time your in the hairdressers and ask them to do a “root smudge” with your highlights you would get way longer out of it as they don’t do it right up to the roots! It looks lovely as it grows out too, the translation between your roots and the highlights would be wayyyyy smoother
Thanks for this! The box dye is on 😂 Even OH said go for it. Ive been going to the same hairdresser for 7 years. When I first went to her she transformed my blonde into the cooler tones I wanted but last time he actually said it looked really 2 toned and brassy even 2 days after it was done. When I put my hair in a pony it was 2 different colours with the underneath looking really warm/darker

Thanks for this! The box dye is on 😂 Even OH said go for it. Ive been going to the same hairdresser for 7 years. When I first went to her she transformed my blonde into the cooler tones I wanted but last time he actually said it looked really 2 toned and brassy even 2 days after it was done. When I put my hair in a pony it was 2 different colours with the underneath looking really warm/darker
Let us know how it goes - mine has reddish undertones so the purple shampoo is essential

Let us know how it goes - mine has reddish undertones so the purple shampoo is essential
I’ve not straightened it yet and I didn’t leave the purple shampoo on for long but I’m happy with it 🙂 It’s blended my roots in and isn’t pulling orange. Thanks for your advice and giving me the confidence to go for it. It was 12 quid as the colour was on offer for 2 boxes. I’m happier with this result than I was last time the hairdresser did it
E63671E4-2F65-48E5-A17F-BD0A385FCEB3.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.