Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if this is the right thread but I recently got my hair re dyed at the salon I’ve been going to for the past 2 years. However this time it felt very rushed and after a few days, I really don’t like what they have done. Do I go back to them and explain I don’t like it or box dye myself/go to a different hairdresser?
I could have written this. I'm currently sitting in a different salon. I did make attempts to have the previous hairdresser have a look at my hair however she only works set days which doesn't suit me so I've gone somewhere else. I have very light blonde hair which looked a bit orange in places after I started washing it myself. Overall I think I tend to be the issue at hairdressers, I'm not sure if I just don't explain what I'd like done properly but 90% of the time I am not fully happy with it and never complain as I feel too awkward. I'm the type of person that wouldn't send a meal back at a restaurant etc too.

Reactions: 5
I could have written this. I'm currently sitting in a different salon. I did make attempts to have the previous hairdresser have a look at my hair however she only works set days which doesn't suit me so I've gone somewhere else. I have very light blonde hair which looked a bit orange in places after I started washing it myself. Overall I think I tend to be the issue at hairdressers, I'm not sure if I just don't explain what I'd like done properly but 90% of the time I am not fully happy with it and never complain as I feel too awkward. I'm the type of person that wouldn't send a meal back at a restaurant etc too.
I think you are literally my twin!😂 I showed my hairdresser what I wanted but it felt like they did things that they wanted and didn’t even consult me on the toner/colour they were putting on. I don’t feel comfortable going back to them to complain so I have actually got in contact with a different salon who can fit me in next week and seem lovely 😊

Not sure if this is the right thread but I recently got my hair re dyed at the salon I’ve been going to for the past 2 years. However this time it felt very rushed and after a few days, I really don’t like what they have done. Do I go back to them and explain I don’t like it or box dye myself/go to a different hairdresser?
Definitely give them the opportunity to fix it and get it right for you!

Sorry, saw you've gone elsewhere - that's a shame, but if you can't get a convenient appointment you gotta do what you gotta do.

Make sure you ask the new salon about recommended aftercare for your colour!

Reactions: 1
Yes go back. If manager ask to speak to them x

Does it take a long time on legs? Do you have to do it in each spot and then move to the next spot and click it again, or is it more of a swipey motion? (Hope that makes sense!)

I’ve been getting IPL for Brazilian and underarms, but I feel like it would be amazing to not have to shave my legs. It’s just so expensive to get it done, but I’m worried it would take me ages at home and I’d never do it (my legs are longggg!)
Not long at all. About 10 mins per leg, if that - I just do it while I’m watching telly so I don’t notice the time so much. You can do it either technique, the slide motion or lift up and place down, as long as you’re covering each area and it flashes it doesn’t matter. Full instructions come with the machine. Tbh I just whack it on the highest setting and get on with it.

I think I’ve been lucky in that it started working from the first / second go. I noticed straight away my leg hair took longer to grow back, and when it did some areas didn’t grow back at all. It really is just minimal maintenance now, unless I leave it months and months. But even then, only certain patches grow back now. Some areas seem to have gone for good.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'd really like to try some overnight teeth whitening, as I already need to wear a retainer for teeth grinding so it seems logical to add to that! Has anyone used one that actually works? I don't have terribly yellow teeth but my very fair skin tone isn't forgiving, so they don't look as pearly white as I would like them to!

I'd really like to try some overnight teeth whitening, as I already need to wear a retainer for teeth grinding so it seems logical to add to that! Has anyone used one that actually works? I don't have terribly yellow teeth but my very fair skin tone isn't forgiving, so they don't look as pearly white as I would like them to!
I get mine from my dentist, think it’s called the whitening boutique? Your best bet is getting them from a dentist as they will actually work. A lot of the ones you buy off the shelf will initially work then fade a few hours later. If you have a retainer already you should be able to buy the gels fairly cheaply

Reactions: 3
My dentist uses Opalescence, I definitely noticed some difference but I think I thought they’d go “white white” so was a little disappointed when she said they were as white as they could be without bleaching fully 🙈

The American Crest strips have a larger amount of whitening/bleach content that is not allowed in the U.K, does anyone know where you can get the American ones over here?

The American Crest strips have a larger amount of whitening/bleach content that is not allowed in the U.K, does anyone know where you can get the American ones over here?
Spooky, was just looking to buy some! Try here x

Whoever recommended the Zara Cherry Smoothie… thank you! Getting a lot of compliments

Reactions: 4
I buy American crest strips from the .com version of amazon too, though sometimes its an age for delivery

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any tips on willpower?! I am struggling with my sweet tooth. I put on weight slowly but once it’s on it’s so hard to get off, and I know I need to stop the gradual gain but I keep saying “oh well I’ve got PMS / I’ve had a hard day / it’s a special occasion / I don’t see xyz person often” as an excuse to eat sweet stuff / dessert and it’s just silly! I’m tall so I just look so ungainly when I’m heavier.

Reactions: 10
HELP! I need help with my Oily skin. It's got worse over the last few months and it's out of control. I wake up with an almost wet face from the oil and after a few hours during the day I have to either dab my face or re apply some powder 🥲
I know the heat and sweating has been pretty bad but this is definitely oil. I have to wash my hair every morning because it just gets so greasy, even if I wash it the night before, it looks greasy by lunchtime

• Heart
Does anyone have any tips on willpower?! I am struggling with my sweet tooth. I put on weight slowly but once it’s on it’s so hard to get off, and I know I need to stop the gradual gain but I keep saying “oh well I’ve got PMS / I’ve had a hard day / it’s a special occasion / I don’t see xyz person often” as an excuse to eat sweet stuff / dessert and it’s just silly! I’m tall so I just look so ungainly when I’m heavier.
There's a weight loss and healthy living thread on here, if you want to join.

I'm also not as slim as I'd like & I definitely associate looking slim with looking glamorous (hello media unrealistic body standards)

HELP! I need help with my Oily skin. It's got worse over the last few months and it's out of control. I wake up with an almost wet face from the oil and after a few hours during the day I have to either dab my face or re apply some powder 🥲
I know the heat and sweating has been pretty bad but this is definitely oil. I have to wash my hair every morning because it just gets so greasy, even if I wash it the night before, it looks greasy by lunchtime
What products are you using? Double cleansing helps when my face is more oily

• Heart
I feel you on this. I find I'm less oily when I don't slack on my nighttime skincare routine - my skin is really 'efficient' in that if I skip moisturising and I'm not well hydrated it immediately overcompensates and gets extra oily 🥲 I find lots of foundations are so awful for oily complexions - there's a Revlon oil absorbing roller that I thought would be a gimmick but I've been surprised with how well it worked for me. It definitely makes it easier to touch up in the day where I need rather than adding more powder.
Similarly with it being on your head and impacting your hair, it could be that your skin is overcompensating for something in your hair wash routine? I think someone mentioned haircare with salicylic and glycolic acids in them earlier in the thread - I've used Revolution's salicylic shampoo and thought it was pretty good, though my head sweats so it wasn't effective enough for me, but if it's mostly oil in your case it might work better?

Hi ladies, Can anyone recommend me any good hair masks I have thick corse wavy hair and I straighten it once a week. My hair been damaged from bleach recently I've dyed it to brown.

Any teeth whitening recommendations ??

Last edited:
just wanted to say that teeth whitening strips are SO bad for your teeth in the long term. Maybe once if you’re in desperate need to whiten it but still 🥴. it increases sensitivity and may lead to you needing to replace some teeth. Visit a dentist and even though it’s slightly pricey they’ll do it safely and properly. I’m a dentist and when I saw the teeth whitening chat on here I gasped 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
just wanted to say that teeth whitening strips are SO bad for your teeth in the long term. Maybe once if you’re in desperate need to whiten it but still 🥴. it increases sensitivity and may lead to you needing to replace some teeth. Visit a dentist and even though it’s slightly pricey they’ll do it safely and properly. I’m a dentist and when I saw the teeth whitening chat on here I gasped 🤣
I’m a dental nurse and myself and many colleagues, friends and family have used Crest Whitening Strips for years. Never head of anyone having any problems with sensitivity or any other side effects. Especially never seen any patients or anyone I know of needing to replace teeth because of whitening strips 😱

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.