Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just got my hair done in the salon and they use Newsha products - bit pricey but can't deny that my hair looks and feels great (but the smell is strong). Any long-term experience with that brand? I'm a bit wary of buying something and it'll stop working after a few uses...

Just got my hair done in the salon and they use Newsha products - bit pricey but can't deny that my hair looks and feels great (but the smell is strong). Any long-term experience with that brand? I'm a bit wary of buying something and it'll stop working after a few uses...
God I've never heard of it.
Is it.... New?
Could you buy a trial set?

God I've never heard of it.
Is it.... New?
Could you buy a trial set?
I don't think it's "new", but they seem to be one of those brands you can buy in their own online shop or in a salon, doesn't seem to have any decent travel sizes either. The salon has been around for several years here, it's just that I am new to that salon, so it's probably me being in ignorant bliss of fancy hair care hahah

I don't think it's "new", but they seem to be one of those brands you can buy in their own online shop or in a salon, doesn't seem to have any decent travel sizes either. The salon has been around for several years here, it's just that I am new to that salon, so it's probably me being in ignorant bliss of fancy hair care hahah
Oh that's a pain.
I'm cheeky and would ask the hairdresser for a sample 😂
If it works for your hair though, it's worth the price 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I am sure you are all super savvy when it comes to review sites, but these are the ones I use a lot

https://www.temptalia.com/ - good for dupes and comparison

https://www.makeupalley.com/ reviews on everything

https://www.fragrantica.com/ Perfume reviews

Findation (matching you to your foundation shade in a different brand based on the one you use) is good too.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Can anyone help me with patchy spray tan? I got a spray tan today and its gone so patchy. Parts of it haven't developed on my face and neck. I haven't washed the tan off yet but it's a mess. I will be so embarrassed if I can't fix it. If it was my body fine, I can cover it up but not my face. I go on holiday in 2 days. Help!

IMG_20220809_222842.jpg

Can anyone help me with patchy spray tan? I got a spray tan today and its gone so patchy. Parts of it haven't developed on my face and neck. I haven't washed the tan off yet but it's a mess. I will be so embarrassed if I can't fix it. If it was my body fine, I can cover it up but not my face. I go on holiday in 2 days. Help!

View attachment 1486324
For me it always looks horrendous until I wash it off and then it looks great as the guide colour always makes it look patchy. Maybe wash it off and see how you feel?

Reactions: 7

View attachment 1486324
It can sometimes be like this before you wash it off so don’t panic yet! I hope it’s ok tomorrow when you shower 😘

Reactions: 4
It was a salon spray
Did you have anything on your skin? Moisturiser? SPF? If not I would contact the salon and ask them to put it right before you go away. If you aren’t comfortable with that here is a link to tan removers at boots:

I’ve not used any so I can’t say which is a good one to try. I’m sure someone will have more knowledge on how to remove it. Good luck 😊

Wash off tomorrow see how it looks. I use bronzer in dodgy bits but if it’s crap ring the salon

• Heart
When in my 20's, I always had the answer for an outfit for every occasion. I received compliments on my looks. When I entered my 30's I also entered into a style crisis :ROFLMAO: because I started to feel that some pieces were not looking that good anymore on me. Yes, I have gained some weight and I am currently with a exercise routine. But I also feel different. I don't know how to explain it but it feels like my mind told me "YOU ARE 30!, dress according to your age.
So, I went to a local store and bought 5 black t-shirts.

Long story short wearing black t-shirts, gold jewelry, Chanel Mademoiselle, jeans (shorts and long) sneakers and sandals, straight/curled hair turned into my everyday uniform. Today, I went shopping and felt attracted to some items in Banana Republic and Polo Ralph Lauren. I was starring at the mannequins and I saw I whole new world that even though was always in front of me, I never really payed attention to it. I have/am always looked/looking for quality clothes, but is the style that I feel has changed. When I was in my 20's I was trying too hard to look put together and elegant. Now taking a look of some pictures I took, I can see that. But now, feels like it is coming naturally.

I few years back I started exploring minimalism and got rid of a lot clothes. Big mistake and I regret it. I think I got rid of a lot of pieces that would have served me today.

I stopped watching styling videos to clear my mind and start a new wardrobe again.

Has anyone dealt with a styling crisis? Any tips on how to start my new wardrobe? I have some ideas but some good advice is welcome here.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When in my 20's, I always had the answer for an outfit for every occasion. I received compliments on my looks. When I entered my 30's I also entered into a style crisis :ROFLMAO: because I started to feel that some pieces were not looking that good anymore on me. Yes, I have gained some weight and I am currently with a exercise routine. But I also feel different. I don't know how to explain it but it feels like my mind told me "YOU ARE 30!, dress according to your age.
So, I went to a local store and bought 5 black t-shirts.

Long story short wearing black t-shirts, gold jewelry, Chanel Mademoiselle, jeans (shorts and long) sneakers and sandals, straight/curled hair turned into my everyday uniform. Today, I went shopping and felt attracted to some items in Banana Republic and Polo Ralph Lauren. I was starring at the mannequins and I saw I whole new world that even though was always in front of me, I never really payed attention to it. I have/am always looked/looking for quality clothes, but is the style that I feel has changed. When I was in my 20's I was trying too hard to look put together and elegant. Now taking a look of some pictures I took, I can see that. But now, feels like it is coming naturally.

I few years back I started exploring minimalism and got rid of a lot clothes. Big mistake and I regret it. I think I got rid of a lot of pieces that would have served me today.

I stopped watching styling videos to clear my mind and start a new wardrobe again.

Has anyone dealt with a styling crisis? Any tips on how to start my new wardrobe? I have some ideas but some good advice is welcome here.
I had a style crisis in my late 20s - at the time I was in a long-term relationship with a man who expected me to dress how the religious women in his community did (loose, plain long dresses, no showing elbows, knees, collar bones, hair tied up or kept super short, no eye-catching make-up, perfume etc.). It was very different to how I'd been before we got together. When that ended, I didn't really know where to begin/how to make sense of it all and regard myself. I started off with a book called Style, by Lauren Conrad (it's got some really nice tips in it). Then looking at clothes that were in my favourite colour or had it in certain prints and types of fabric that felt good on my skin. I like to bring in and wear nice jewellery pieces from my culture, because it makes me feel good and confident in myself. This is still very much a work in process, but that book and starting off with my favourite colour/s helped

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Did you have anything on your skin? Moisturiser? SPF? If not I would contact the salon and ask them to put it right before you go away. If you aren’t comfortable with that here is a link to tan removers at boots:

I’ve not used any so I can’t say which is a good one to try. I’m sure someone will have more knowledge on how to remove it. Good luck 😊
Nope. Its came from my eyes watering from an allergy flare up. God damn hayfever is a curse.

I had a style crisis in my late 20s - at the time I was in a long-term relationship with a man who expected me to dress how the religious women in his community did (loose, plain long dresses, no showing elbows, knees, collar bones, hair tied up or kept super short, no eye-catching make-up, perfume etc.). It was very different to how I'd been before we got together. When that ended, I didn't really know where to begin/how to make sense of it all and regard myself. I started off with a book called Style, by Lauren Conrad (it's got some really nice tips in it). Then looking at clothes that were in my favourite colour or had it in certain prints and types of fabric that felt good on my skin. I like to bring in and wear nice jewellery pieces from my culture, because it makes me feel good and confident in myself. This is still very much a work in process, but that book and starting off with my favourite colour/s helped
I had the book and never had the chance to finish it because a hurricane messed it up. I am going to re-buy it. I also have a book named "Style" by Lee Heyward and it is helping me a lot, but as you said still a work in process. I started buying linen, silk, cashmere clothing. I only own a few pieces. I had a functional wardrobe but it is not anymore.

Starting from 0! and I totally forgot Lauren's book.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@Elegantmistakeofnature. I got rid of all my clothes in The pandemic. I put on loads of weight. I then stared last summer losing the weight. This year I have re built my wardrobe and I love that I have now built up a collection that I’m proud to wear and excited to plan what to wear when I leave the house.
I would start with the basics. A great fitting pair of jeans that suit your shape is a great place to begin with, once you have bought them see if they do them in any other colours such as white or black
Always have a classic black dress in your wardrobe, one that can be dressed up or down and that is well cut, that can be worn with heels or flats. Even if it’s expensive buy it. As it will serve you well over the years. Then same with a decent black pair of trousers.
Different styles and cuts of white blouses/tops, long, short sleeves and ones with that have a interesting collars a mixture of high and low cut necklines.
Find out which colours suit your skin tone and stick to them. I don’t do flowery prints as I feel they are frumpy, but I do spots and animal print.

Pick a couple of style icons and take notice of what they are wearing. For me it’s Duchess of Cambridge and Queen Letizia. I never over buy, but buy quality pieces rather than primark, asos and boohoo.
Finally accessorise but not over so [remember coco Chanel] Take one piece off before leaving the house .

my go to brands are :-

1. Reiss
2. Baujken
3. Mint velvet
4. Hobbs
5. Whistles.
6. For jeans take a look at And/or a John Lewis brand.

Finally happy shopping!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What are your top tips for chafing elbows? They get dry and little "cuts" that eventually hurt - I'm using a heavy duty hand cream on them now and that's okay for a few hours, but doesn't stop it from happening again and again :rolleyes:

In other news: I rediscovered Biotherm L'eau as a very nice and fresh summer scent. It's not heavy, a bit zesty and has good staying power, but isn't overwhelming. I'm going out for my farewell dinner with colleagues today (job change) and it's extremely hot here, so this is a nice, inoffensive scent for the office that still makes me feel a bit more put together.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.