Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started a thread on straighteners last week and as a result I bought these, and I am well happy with them. Horrible name but very good.

Amazon product

Thread, excuse typo in title

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend a streamer for clothes? I hate ironing so don’t bother but look a mess
I got one from the middle aisle in Aldi about six months ago. Think it was about £20 and it does the job. I try and iron as little as possible, but there are a few bits where I can't get away with it.
Keep an eye out. They seem to turn up in Aldi and Lidl every so often.

Reactions: 5
I've got one by Russell Hobbs, was on offer during Prime Day or Black Friday on Amazon. It works okay, I don't have any other I could compare it to. It came with a "cleaning pad", which I've successfully used to steam-clean my sofa. Heats up fast, but is a bit heavy, if that is a concern and you want to use it for a longer time.

Reactions: 1
Surprisingly I can’t find anywhere that does them in London? They must be on the way out :)
Found a place in Hackney! 😜💎

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So after all that "what shall I do with my hair" chat I've booked a full head balayage 😂
I've gone for a colour melt/complex toner as well to maybe add a bit more depth.
My kids are out for the whole day so I'm going to do some shopping after, pick up some blazers and trousers and then get drunk(ish) in the Harrods Beauty store 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 27
So after all that "what shall I do with my hair" chat I've booked a full head balayage 😂
I've gone for a colour melt/complex toner as well to maybe add a bit more depth.
My kids are out for the whole day so I'm going to do some shopping after, pick up some blazers and trousers and then get drunk(ish) in the Harrods Beauty store 😂
Enjoy your day!

• Heart
Enjoy your day!
Thank you darling!
The Harrods Beauty near me is great, first time I went in I got a 15ml sample of Maison Francis Kurkdjian as well as other freebies!😮
obviously it's me fave now and I want to buy it, they know what they're doing 😂

Reactions: 3
Thank you darling!
The Harrods Beauty near me is great, first time I went in I got a 15ml sample of Maison Francis Kurkdjian as well as other freebies!😮
obviously it's me fave now and I want to buy it, they know what they're doing 😂
Zara red temptation is a perfect dupe!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My Yerka deodorant arrived yesterday and I applied it in the evening 🤯 my armpits are dry!
Yep, it stung a bit, which I expected and I'm aware that it's full of aluminum, which some people don't want to use. I try to go alu-free as well if possible, but I'm done with sweating like mad all day every day, I feel disgusting. Even just sitting in front of my laptop leaves me soaked.
The instructions on that deodorant say to apply in the evening four or five times and then only once or twice a week. I saw some people saying they actually apply even less than that and still have great results.

Reactions: 8
Zara red temptation is a perfect dupe!
It was the Silver Fluidity EDP, but I'll go in Zara and see if I can find a copy anyway!
I keep trying to find an excuse not to buy Dior Sauvage, I like it too much to wait to smell a man with it on!

My Yerka deodorant arrived yesterday and I applied it in the evening 🤯 my armpits are dry!
Yep, it stung a bit, which I expected and I'm aware that it's full of aluminum, which some people don't want to use. I try to go alu-free as well if possible, but I'm done with sweating like mad all day every day, I feel disgusting. Even just sitting in front of my laptop leaves me soaked.
The instructions on that deodorant say to apply in the evening four or five times and then only once or twice a week. I saw some people saying they actually apply even less than that and still have great results.
I’ve used a similar one called Driclor and love it. Always use it for weddings and holidays and the like. It does sting, as you say, but for me it’s worth it. I will also say that I’ve been incredibly pleasantly surprised by how good the Wild deodorants are. On me they work so so so much better than e.g. Sure or Dove etc. Highly recommend.

Reactions: 5
Wild made me smell terrible and I'm not a sweaty or smelly person! Just did not work at all. Lots of reviews saying the same. Apparently you have to give it a couple of weeks sometimes for your skin to get used to it but I'm not hanging around with BO for a fortnight :rolleyes: really annoying because I loved the concept.

Reactions: 7
Wild made me smell terrible and I'm not a sweaty or smelly person! Just did not work at all. Lots of reviews saying the same. Apparently you have to give it a couple of weeks sometimes for your skin to get used to it but I'm not hanging around with BO for a fortnight :rolleyes: really annoying because I loved the concept.
Oh that’s really interesting. I’m sorry it didn’t work 😞

It must be a body chemistry thing as I find I smell worse with “normal” deodorants.

You can at least take comfort in not worrying if you were influenced into buying Wild by the insta huns 😂

• Haha
Oh that’s really interesting. I’m sorry it didn’t work 😞

It must be a body chemistry thing as I find I smell worse with “normal” deodorants.

You can at least take comfort in not worrying if you were influenced into buying Wild by the insta huns 😂
I really wanted it to work, I loved the scent and the packaging! I hope some other deodorant brands do something similar soon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.