Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wild made me smell terrible and I'm not a sweaty or smelly person! Just did not work at all. Lots of reviews saying the same. Apparently you have to give it a couple of weeks sometimes for your skin to get used to it but I'm not hanging around with BO for a fortnight :rolleyes: really annoying because I loved the concept.
I didn't get on with it either. I actually use the unscented salt of the earth deodorant and I am quite a sweaty person and it's great.

Reactions: 4
I loved the unscented Salt of the Earth deodorant for a couple of year and had a 1l refill bottle, but it somehow stopped working for me and I had some shirts where I couldn't get a funky smell out of anymore. Before that it was great against smell - obviously doesn't help against actually sweating, but that's also not what it was for.
I now use the Glassdoor natural deodorant, it's coconut-oil /shea butter based and great against the smell, but it keeps giving me painful bumps in my armpits, I suspect from clogging the pores. And since I'm so done with sweating like mad every day, especially as I have a couple of important events coming up where I'm usually soaked due to nerves just thinking about it, a good time to switch to the strong stuff. I did order some Nivea deo though, just in case I don't like the Yerka - I always had good experiences with their alu-free spray deos.

Codiaeum
I loved the unscented Salt of the Earth deodorant for a couple of year and had a 1l refill bottle, but it somehow stopped working for me and I had some shirts where I couldn't get a funky smell out of anymore. Before that it was great against smell - obviously doesn't help against actually sweating, but that's also not what it was for.
I now use the Glassdoor natural deodorant, it's coconut-oil /shea butter based and great against the smell, but it keeps giving me painful bumps in my armpits, I suspect from clogging the pores. And since I'm so done with sweating like mad every day, especially as I have a couple of important events coming up where I'm usually soaked due to nerves just thinking about it, a good time to switch to the strong stuff. I did order some Nivea deo though, just in case I don't like the Yerka - I always had good experiences with their alu-free spray deos.
I think you're in Germany? You could try deodorant from "Ponyhuetchen", which seems to contain less shea butter.

I use Sure 72hr and then a layer of Sanex deodorant in the morning.
I have Dove but it makes me "absolutely honk" as my oldest would say

Does anyone have any experience with Kurt Geiger bags? I saw a cute cross body one on sale that would be great for an afternoon tea day out in London me and my oldest have coming up

Reactions: 3
I also couldn't get along with Wild. I started using it in lockdown as that seemed the perfect way to give my skin time to adapt to it, although the people I lived with at the time probably hated me! However even after months of use, I'd smell awful a couple of hours if I was doing anything more than sitting around at home. I got fed up of panicking in the office about how bad I smelt so switched back to Dove/Sure/whatever they have in Tescos.

I really like the concept of Wild but the influencer gifting annoys me, so maybe it's for the best that it didn't work for me.

On another note, I bought a few of the Zara perfumes. I got Red Temptation, Waterlily Tea Dress, Ebony Wood and Gardenia.

They're meant to be dupes for Baccarat Rouge, Byredo Gypsy Water, Jo Malone Wood Salt & Sea Sage, and YSL Black Opium. My samples of the actual perfumes ran out months ago so I can't compare properly, but I'm impressed by the Zara ones anyway! They last a lot longer than I thought they would and I had two different people tell me I smelt nice yesterday while wearing Waterlily Tea Dress!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I also couldn't get along with Wild. I started using it in lockdown as that seemed the perfect way to give my skin time to adapt to it, although the people I lived with at the time probably hated me! However even after months of use, I'd smell awful a couple of hours if I was doing anything more than sitting around at home. I got fed up of panicking in the office about how bad I smelt so switched back to Dove/Sure/whatever they have in Tescos.

I really like the concept of Wild but the influencer gifting annoys me, so maybe it's for the best that it didn't work for me.

On another note, I bought a few of the Zara perfumes. I got Red Temptation, Waterlily Tea Dress, Ebony Wood and Gardenia.

They're meant to be dupes for Baccarat Rouge, Byredo Gypsy Water, Jo Malone Wood Salt & Sea Sage, and YSL Black Opium. My samples of the actual perfumes ran out months ago so I can't compare properly, but I'm impressed by the Zara ones anyway! They last a lot longer than I thought they would and I had two different people tell me I smelt nice yesterday while wearing Waterlily Tea Dress!
I got Zara Red Vanilla and loved it!

Reactions: 1
Wild works well on me, and did from the start. X
Me too, and I didn't even know it was an influencer thing, I got a voucher for it inside a magazine I think. I wear Wild when I'm at home or just out and about, but if I'm going to the office I'll use Sure 48hr just in case.

On a slightly different note, I got approved for a mortgage yesterday (as in agreement in principle) & was gonna make a half-hearted attempt at joining the property ladder today but after the news I'm thinking I'll put that on hold & buy myself a little treat instead. Currently scrolling through Vestiaire...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Me too, and I didn't even know it was an influencer thing, I got a voucher for it inside a magazine I think. I wear Wild when I'm at home or just out and about, but if I'm going to the office I'll use Sure 48hr just in case.

On a slightly different note, I got approved for a mortgage yesterday (as in agreement in principle) & was gonna make a half-hearted attempt at joining the property ladder today but after the news I'm thinking I'll put that on hold & buy myself a little treat instead. Currently scrolling through Vestiaire...
I'm doing the opposite and trying to push ahead with a flat purchase. The realisation that I need to spend my money on furniture and solicitor fees rather than all the items I'd planned to treat myself to has not been fun!

I got Zara Red Vanilla and loved it!
It's so nice to have perfume where I don't feel like I'm spraying away a £5 note every time I wear it 😂

Reactions: 5
Can anyone recommend some straighteners? I’ve got some cloud9s but they just are giving me that sleek look after 8 years so I think it’s time for a new pair.
I have Remington shine therapy ones, highly rate them and much prefer them to ghds/babyliss. Always get them on offer too and really reasonable price!

I'm doing the opposite and trying to push ahead with a flat purchase. The realisation that I need to spend my money on furniture and solicitor fees rather than all the items I'd planned to treat myself to has not been fun!

It's so nice to have perfume where I don't feel like I'm spraying away a £5 note every time I wear it 😂
Can you come and slap me and tell me to be sensible and leave my savings alone...

Reactions: 3
My 3 best friends when it comes to keep my clothes wrinkle free, cats hair free, and little balls of clothing free (specially with knitted clothing). I strongly recommend to have all of 3.
Ooh, love this. I think I need to get a proper steamer. I have a travel one but tbh it’s crap but I think it was just too cheap to be any good.

Can someone tell me exactly what steamer to buy please. I’m demented reading all the reviews.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am loving these threads and your tips.
My top tips are...

-simple classic gold or silver jewellery. Years ago I worked with a very glamorous Spanish jewellery who told me that gold or silver will suit you more based on your undertones. She told me when you look at your veins in your wrist, if they look blue=cool undertones=silver will suit you more, if they look green=warm undertones, gold will suit more, and if they look blue/green=neutral, either will suit. Might be complete bollocks, but it's stuck with me 🤣

-likewise, was told that you know a perfume suits you if you can't smell it on yourself. I always wear perfumes, and rotate between a few favourites. 2-4 sprays on my pulse points only.

-I always have my finger nails done, and my toes. I live in the med, so do tend to look after my feet as they're out all the time and either treat myself to a pedi once a month, or do the same at home with cheaper body products.

- I look after my face. I drink lots of water, moisturise morning and night, remove make up properly and then cleanse, and always use spf on my face. I also keep my face in the shade when sunbathing.

- I swear by clinique BB moisturising gel. It has spf in it, and adapts to your skin tone. Looks so natural and not cakey. I'm not sure if it's available in the UK as I only discovered it here in cyprus though. That, lvl or a bit of mascara and groomed eyebrows and I'm happy.

I think that's it really 🤔

Question for everyone else though, I've seen lots of you lovelies with thick hair recommend sleeping with it in a bun. I try this, however I always wake up and take it out and look like Hagrid. Is there a knack to it?! A special sort of bobble? I tend to use invisi-bobbles and wrap about 3 times..

• Heart
I find Zara perfumes a great buy. I wish they would move them away from the till areas. You can’t browse properly.

Reactions: 10
So after all that "what shall I do with my hair" chat I've booked a full head balayage 😂
I've gone for a colour melt/complex toner as well to maybe add a bit more depth.
My kids are out for the whole day so I'm going to do some shopping after, pick up some blazers and trousers and then get drunk(ish) in the Harrods Beauty store 😂
What do you make of the harrods beauty store? I prefer space nk x

What do you make of the harrods beauty store? I prefer space nk x
I prefer it to Space NK, the thing with space nk is they just never have the product I've gone there to look at and possibly buy? I've traipsed around London before just looking for a bloody shampoo back when they were the only physical stores that stocked Oribe and it put me off 😭 I use pureology now so Amazon has taken that custom
I don't use any of the skincare or makeup that Space NK stock either, but I do use Elemis which Harrods has!
I don't think it helps that the space nk stores are quite small, I'm very lazy and want to find at least 80% of what I'm looking for in one shop, preferably one with a bar inside 😂 I get thirsty!

I prefer it to Space NK, the thing with space nk is they just never have the product I've gone there to look at and possibly buy? I've traipsed around London before just looking for a bloody shampoo back when they were the only physical stores that stocked Oribe and it put me off 😭 I use pureology now so Amazon has taken that custom
I don't use any of the skincare or makeup that Space NK stock either, but I do use Elemis which Harrods has!
I don't think it helps that the space nk stores are quite small, I'm very lazy and want to find at least 80% of what I'm looking for in one shop, preferably one with a bar inside 😂 I get thirsty!
I've turned into that miserable internet person I hate that can't say anything nice, I totally get the appeal of Space NK, it's got luxe boutique vibes and the customer service is good, always happy to give out samples etc. I think if they had more Oribe on my local ones I'd be in there a lot more and probably wouldn't have moved to a cheaper haircare brand! Although I do *love* my pureology and dare I say think it's more suitable for my balayaged-to-buggery hair!

Thought I'd added this on but accidentally clicked a link for duvets 🧐

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

I've turned into that miserable internet person I hate that can't say anything nice, I totally get the appeal of Space NK, it's got luxe boutique vibes and the customer service is good, always happy to give out samples etc. I think if they had more Oribe on my local ones I'd be in there a lot more and probably wouldn't have moved to a cheaper haircare brand! Although I do *love* my pureology and dare I say think it's more suitable for my balayaged-to-buggery hair!

Thought I'd added this on but accidentally clicked a link for duvets 🧐
I went into harrods beauty and was ignored. I was at nars trying to but a foundation and concealer but she walked past me. To complain to her colleague it was too quiet and she was bored. 😂

So I walked over to iconic and no one was there.

So I left 😂 x

• Wow
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.