Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a jam reading thread #1 and this one. Almost all the things I love to do as a regular beauty/polish beauty routine has been said and done :D so I'm keeping the rest and sharing this:

1. I apply castor oil on my eye lashes and eyebrows at night.
2. My favorite serum is from Lancome: Genifique. I'm 34 y/o and people won't believe my age. This serum is responsible for it! :cool:
3. I apply this serum on my hands and neck.
4. I use supplements such as vit c and green juices with protein, collagen, etc.
5. I drink tea almost every morning. When not I do #4.
6. UNPOPULAR: I don't wash my face every morning. Sometimes I just wash with fresh water and apply my serum and moisturizer. Why? Because I don't want to get rid of natural oils that are essential for your skin. This has work for me since my logic told me so. Have in mind that I don't have skin issues.
7. Coffee is a good face scrub: I discovered it when hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico and I could not use soap because water was very scarce.
8. I don't like to iron my clothes (takes too much time), so I bought a steamer instead.
9. I more on the side of "clean beauty" than the regular beauty products.
10. Organic is the real luxury (controversial, but i have noticed the difference in some food/home cleaning products specially on my hands).

I don't know if it against the rules but I have a blog and if someone has a blog to share their beauty lifestyle i would love to binge read!

👓 I am not so much into videos, but i do love blogging
♥

Does anyone have any hair tips at all? I'm good for the first week after getting it professionally done but after that I can never tame it.
It's so thick, wavy and feels so heavy so I'm constantly wearing it up in a messy bun.
I've tried the curly girl method as my hair curls when it's wet, but the next morning it's a bushy riot. Takes me a good 20 mins to straighten it but slightest bit of humidity it feels out of control and I tie it up.
I've had layers cut in, some weight cut off and the back thinned out.

Ideally I'm really wanting to grow it (so I can do more hairstyles etc) but want it to look day to day life and look like I've actually made some sort of effort!
If you have very thick hair try smaller sections so the result is more sleek and shiny. That is how I keep my hair at least 5 days straightened. Olaplex #3 has helped and keratin boosters at home.

I have the Philips Lumea and love it. I bought it in summer 2019, did however many recommended initial sessions and then barely needed to use it after that. I don’t think I’ve touched it in 18 months. I’m not sure it’s marketed as permanent hair removal but I’ve seen hardly any regrowth.

I am also very pale with dark hair which definitely helped.
I have the peachy skin brand and it has worked very well on me. Patches of hair not growing in different parts of my legs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I wanna have a bikini wax before my holiday but last time I had one (years ago) I came up in big red hot bumps where the hair had been ripped out. I don’t know if I was allergic to the wax or if my skin (quite rightly) doesn’t like having the hair ripped out at the root. I went Brazilian too so my entire ‘region’ was very angry!

Anyone else had this? Should I try again? She used hot wax and a spatula.

Reactions: 2
I wanna have a bikini wax before my holiday but last time I had one (years ago) I came up in big red hot bumps where the hair had been ripped out. I don’t know if I was allergic to the wax or if my skin (quite rightly) doesn’t like having the hair ripped out at the root. I went Brazilian too so my entire ‘region’ was very angry!

I always bleed with waxing specially in my delicate lady areas. I also get bruises. TMI alert (I never have applied wax on the lips area because I fear the pain, so I just keep them low with scissors. I have no experience waxing my entire lady area.

Try waxing at home, maybe you can control the intensity by trying small areas instead of working a a big area. I love waxing because it gets rid of dead skin. My skin always looks so healthy after waxing (when redness and bleeding disappear of course). Practice before going on the vacation and see how your skin reacts. If all goes well, wax 2 days before leaving to allow the skin to heal. That's what I do when I know Im going to show some skin. (beach, pool)

Reactions: 1

Exfoliate your skin in preparation for it. I think as you mentioned it’s been a while your skin might react.

I personally will only go to a place that does waxing and only waxing. I had an unpleasant experience many years with a beauty therapist so feel more confident in visiting the wax only places.

Reactions: 4

My waxing lady gave me a salicylic acid based scrub to use to exfoliate as I often get a bit red and bumpy between waxes, it seems to have really helped xx

I completely understand. there are days in where I just want my silly pants and hair bun. this "stay beautiful and groomed always" can be tiresome.

Go to your doctor because dark circles are often an inside problem.

Can you please put the link of #1? :D

Hello!

I would like to share a tip:

If you have extremely dry lips, spread a capsule of vit e in your lips.

It was a very cold winter in Hoboken New Jersey (I was visiting family) and my regular lip balm was not working. I was angry and drinking water like crazy. Then I took a look in the kitchen a saw vit e capsules. I ask for one, made a hole and apply into my lips. I saw the glory and the angels were there praising with me. :ROFLMAO:
Would never have thought of doing that with vit E! Genius x

• Heart
please do, I’ve had 10 sessions on my underarms which has been unsuccessful 😭
Aww no way you're joking you must have been so gutted! It's Therapie I'm going to. To be fair I've seen quite a few negative things about them but it's been great for me so far, a nurse who works there does my Botox as well and so I've only got good things to say. I can't believe after TEN sessions you've not had any good results I'd be devastated :( I hope you made a complaint and were able to get some money back for all the trouble!

Aww no way you're joking you must have been so gutted! It's Therapie I'm going to. To be fair I've seen quite a few negative things about them but it's been great for me so far, a nurse who works there does my Botox as well and so I've only got good things to say. I can't believe after TEN sessions you've not had any good results I'd be devastated :( I hope you made a complaint and were able to get some money back for all the trouble!
Trouble is with laser I’ve had to take breaks because of all of the sunshine- getting it on upper lip but am too tanned so my break’s been like 4 months. Too long to get the hairs in a good phase so basically had a few wasted sessions :(

I’ve been following this thread with interest from the beginning and I’m loving the tips! Over the past few years I’ve really upped my game as I work in the forefront of a company and I need to look groomed although I’m pretty lazy. Here are my tips -

- fake tan will give you a healthy glow instantly. I use TanLuxe drops in winter to build up a colour, and Bondi Sands during the warmer months

- make up - others have mentioned Bourjeoius makeup and I rate it! Also Elf eyebrow pencils are great and Maybelline lip gloss is fab. I don’t over do it, just a eyebrows, a cat flick eyeliner, mascara, bronzer, blusher and a bit of gloss. Takes 10 mins

-I have thick and curly hair and recently bought a Babyliss hot air brush. Game changer. I use it once a week after I wash my hair,then use a satin bonnet every night. Literally perfect hair for a week and takes 30 mins to do. A bit of serum keeps it tame!

- I’ve had my brows laminated a few times then tried with a kit off Amazon and did it just as well. £12 for multiple uses rather than £45 a time

- I don’t have time for manicures so I do my cuticles and file once a week, and use Barry M air polish in cupcake. 2 coats last a week and if it chips it’s not noticeable. It’s way better than YSL and Chanel which I used to buy and it’s like £3

- keep your hair close to your natural colour. I have a balayage and if it lightens too much, I darken the roots with a root smudge. It’s low maintenance!

- keep your clothes neutral so you can create a capsule wardrobe. I wear neutrals and classic cuts so everything is interchangeable. I tend to buy H&M and Zara and dress it up with a designer handbag (or a good quality leather one.) People notice cheap shoes and bags - they’re always a giveaway so spend more on them and team them with cheaper basics

- I’ve started getting Botox and filler. Very subtle but has totally changed my face and given me so much more confidence! I don’t want to look younger, I just want to look a good version of me

- use Tretinoin. I’ve been using it for 2 years via skin and me and it’s miracle stuff! It’s totally transformed my skin. For cleansing I use their cleanser but Cerave is very good and cheap. Same with their moisturiser. Also double cleanse but you don’t need expensive products, just something with tretinoin, azalic acid and niacimide. Maybe a bit of vitamin c serum in the morning but ALWAYS spf 50! If I could turn back time I’d be dowsing myself in it from my teens! No point using retinol other than tretinoin in my opinion - it’s just not strong enough.

- look after your teeth! They’re a dead giveaway to your health. I’ve now got Invisalign and wish I’d got them years ago. I want good, natural looking teeth, not big white gnashers, which Invisalign, a bit of composite bonding and white will give me

- I’m blessed with whiskers and a tash so I’ve started dermaplaning. Takes a few minutes every few days and it’s fab. I buy a big pack of razors from Amazon

- Leg/bikini hair, I shave. I used to wax but it’s finding the time and living with regrowth. If I do it every day it takes minutes. For my bum I use hair removal cream once a week

- a spritz of perfume speaks volumes. I wear Dior, Chanel and Diptyque

I think that’s all 😂 I do sound high maintenance but I promise I’m not - these are all easy things and without blowing my own trumpet, even pre Botox people commented they thought I was 10 years younger than I am.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I’ve been following this thread with interest from the beginning and I’m loving the tips! Over the past few years I’ve really upped my game as I work in the forefront of a company and I need to look groomed although I’m pretty lazy. Here are my tips -

- fake tan will give you a healthy glow instantly. I use TanLuxe drops in winter to build up a colour, and Bondi Sands during the warmer months

- make up - others have mentioned Bourjeoius makeup and I rate it! Also Elf eyebrow pencils are great and Maybelline lip gloss is fab. I don’t over do it, just a eyebrows, a cat flick eyeliner, mascara, bronzer, blusher and a bit of gloss. Takes 10 mins

-I have thick and curly hair and recently bought a Babyliss hot air brush. Game changer. I use it once a week after I wash my hair,then use a satin bonnet every night. Literally perfect hair for a week and takes 30 mins to do. A bit of serum keeps it tame!

- I’ve had my brows laminated a few times then tried with a kit off Amazon and did it just as well. £12 for multiple uses rather than £45 a time

- I don’t have time for manicures so I do my cuticles and file once a week, and use Barry M air polish in cupcake. 2 coats last a week and if it chips it’s not noticeable. It’s way better than YSL and Chanel which I used to buy and it’s like £3

- keep your hair close to your natural colour. I have a balayage and if it lightens too much, I darken the roots with a root smudge. It’s low maintenance!

- keep your clothes neutral so you can create a capsule wardrobe. I wear neutrals and classic cuts so everything is interchangeable. I tend to buy H&M and Zara and dress it up with a designer handbag (or a good quality leather one.) People notice cheap shoes and bags - they’re always a giveaway so spend more on them and team them with cheaper basics

- I’ve started getting Botox and filler. Very subtle but has totally changed my face and given me so much more confidence! I don’t want to look younger, I just want to look a good version of me

- use Tretinoin. I’ve been using it for 2 years via skin and me and it’s miracle stuff! It’s totally transformed my skin. For cleansing I use their cleanser but Cerave is very good and cheap. Same with their moisturiser. Also double cleanse but you don’t need expensive products, just something with tretinoin, azalic acid and niacimide. Maybe a bit of vitamin c serum in the morning but ALWAYS spf 50! If I could turn back time I’d be dowsing myself in it from my teens! No point using retinol other than tretinoin in my opinion - it’s just not strong enough.

- look after your teeth! They’re a dead giveaway to your health. I’ve now got Invisalign and wish I’d got them years ago. I want good, natural looking teeth, not big white gnashers, which Invisalign, a bit of composite bonding and white will give me

- I’m blessed with whiskers and a tash so I’ve started dermaplaning. Takes a few minutes every few days and it’s fab. I buy a big pack of razors from Amazon

- Leg/bikini hair, I shave. I used to wax but it’s finding the time and living with regrowth. If I do it every day it takes minutes. For my bum I use hair removal cream once a week

I think that’s all 😂 I do sound high maintenance but I promise I’m not - these are all easy things and without blowing my own trumpet, even pre Botox people commented they thought I was 10 years younger than I am.
I love reading posts like this! You sound like you look expensive (and I mean that as a compliment!!) 😍

ETA - do you find the fake tan goes patchy though? How often do you do it?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I love reading posts like this! You sound like you look expensive (and I mean that as a compliment!!) 😍

ETA - do you find the fake tan goes patchy though? How often do you do it?
Haha I try to look expensive on my small budget! Thank you that’s really kind of you to say. I look towards people like Kate Middleton and question whether they’d get away with it (I know it sounds pretentious 😂) I think people can up their game just buying a few key pieces andchanging them up with coloured scarves and access

I use a mit to scrub my tan every 4/5 days and I moisturise daily (I use neutrogena which is cheap as anything and brilliant.) A build up colour is less likely to go patchy, but if I want a “just got back from Greece” glow, then it will eventually go patchy and grim. I’ve bought the Bondi Sands tan eraser which I’m yet to use, but I’ll report back!

Also I do use a gradual tan in between dark tans if I want a boost. Again I’m not going for an orange look, just a healthy, holiday colour (I’m naturally pale and washed out!)

My last tip is gold jewellery! So I’ve discovered you can buy nice gold earrings etc from Amazon 😂 I wear a few different gold huggies or hoops, a gold plated bracelet and necklace. They literally cost me between £5-15 and look pretty high end. Again just classic not buying into trends.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have a couple of nights out this weekend and want to look my best. Booked for my nails to be done tomorrow, just a classic gel polish. My nails were a nice length til this morning and I’ve broken my ring finger nail really low down, below the nail bed . Help!

• Sad
I have a couple of nights out this weekend and want to look my best. Booked for my nails to be done tomorrow, just a classic gel polish. My nails were a nice length til this morning and I’ve broken my ring finger nail really low down, below the nail bed . Help!
They may be able to use a builder to give you a bit more length. I did that before my wedding, broke my nail on my ring finger 😭

Reactions: 3

Wow - you sound so glam :love: These are great tips.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Things I have learned:

No skincare makes my face look as good as a bit of Botox.

Always having your fingernails and toes painted goes a long way to looking “polished”. I get a BIAB gel manicure once a month. Feet less often as it lasts ages.

Hair - keep it a low maintenance colour and the dyson airwrap has been a god send. Style it, sleep with it in a bun or plaits and do not touch. Lasts 5 days or more without a wash (some batiste helps)

Agree that a bit of fake tan/gradual tanner makes you look healthier and more awake.

I’ve got a few designer handbags and I use them. Life is too short to keep everything for “best”. I paid for them I’m gonna use them. This also helps to ‘elevate’ even a primark outfit.

A midi dress in a bold print always looks like you’ve made effort.

Perfume - always wear it. I use dupe sites to see if I’ll like something before committing to a £100 bottle. Not those mlm ones! There’s some decent dupe houses. I have tonnes now for hardly any £.

Wardrobe - find a look and stick with it. I love midi dresses and skirts. It means I can open my wardrobe and have a dress to quickly throw on or a load of nice skirts I can put with a decent tshirt - arket or Uniqlo.

If something starts looking worse for wear, get rid. With the exception of bags I love a worn in leather bag.

Treat yourself to a nice shower gel and body cream. You use them every day it sets your day up nicely to use something a bit ‘luxe’.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Perfume - always wear it. I use dupe sites to see if I’ll like something before committing to a £100 bottle. Not those mlm ones! There’s some decent dupe houses. I have tonnes now for hardly any £.
These are not dupes, but the real thing…they are excellent for trying expensive perfumes, or for travel sizes, or if you are a magpie for fragrance - you don’t have to spend big bucks for a massive bottle. Sure, they decant in basic bottles but they are real. I have used them a few times. I did my research and they are legit, not fake perfumes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
These are not dupes, but the real thing…they are excellent for trying expensive perfumes, or for travel sizes, or if you are a magpie for fragrance - you don’t have to spend big bucks for a massive bottle. Sure, they decant in basic bottles but they are real. I have used them a few times. I did my research and they are legit, not fake perfumes.
This is fab! Gonna have a look later and order some. I love trying new scents but cannot afford to buy a 50ml bottle of expensive ones I wanna try.

This is fab! Gonna have a look later and order some. I love trying new scents but cannot afford to buy a 50ml bottle of expensive ones I wanna try.
I have had a few. If you just want a perfume for a couple of months, say for the summer, this is where I head. I have also bought small samples specifically to try perfumes, and have avoided costly mistakes. If you wore a perfume regularly it would not be a cost effective way of buying the perfume, ml for ml it works out more expensive, but if you were on a tight budget for a bit it’s like buying perfume in instalments!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.