Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone any suggestions for chin hair! Random side of face hair too
I’ve dark hair and since my late 30’s more and more random hairs are appearing 😥
I feel like granny mcpheee

Reactions: 2
I was just like “duck this” and left. Went to Fenty in boots and no one there. So I left it and came home to look online lol x
I used to work with someone who was quite a strong character. She was once in a department store at a counter and nobody was there, and a few people were waiting. They were there for a while. So she rang the HQ of the department store, and told them there were customers waiting at the counter in X store and did they not care about customer service. Lots of conciliatory language and not long after a flustered SA came running to serve them. She did the same in a bank queue. Whilst she was in the queue she rang the branch and told them to open more tills. They did. If I have an issue with a non-responsive company I name and shame them on Twitter. Invariably they contact me asap and sort it out immediately.

Reactions: 5
Anyone any suggestions for chin hair! Random side of face hair too
I’ve dark hair and since my late 30’s more and more random hairs are appearing 😥
I feel like granny mcpheee
I second epilating, but as I’ve mentioned in a previous post I like plucking them out using a Tweezerman tweezer 😂

Amazon product

Reactions: 1
Same, and I just can’t not pick them. Currently sporting a huge scab on my chin. I get so annoyed with myself. I want to try some of those zit patches to see if they help.
Yes!! If I even wash my face too roughly they open up and then go scabby, so I have to literally just dab then so carefully. I've tried the zit patched before, not sure which ones just some of amazon and they did help in terms of not being able to touch it so might order some more

For chin hair I get electrolysis, also called electro-epilation. It hurts a bit, but the little buggers don’t grow back. Bad thing is, it doesn’t stop my body from producing new chin hair in other spots, so I’ll have to get it done again sometime in the future.

Loving this thread . Can anyone recommend products for insanely dry feet . I do my hard skin weekly but tbh I think it’s making it worse . They are soooo dry and hard and look just awful 😞
I too had incredibly dry and rough feet. I have spent hundreds of pounds on treatments as I was always self conscious of them, especially when I got into a new relationship.
I now use a ointment from the pharmacy. It called 50/fifty It is basically white soft paraffin and liquid paraffin combined. It comes in 500g tubs and last forever. Most pharmacies don’t know what to charge for it. This can range from £3 to £8. It has no aroma I use it daily, it can be a littl slippery when applied so you can wear sandals straight after applying but it does absorb within half an hour.
My feet are lovely and soft and if I can be so bold as to say they now look like the feet of a late 30 year old. (I’m 57yrs). Give it a go and let me know how you get on x. Ps please ignore the outgrowing gel polish I’m due to have it removed and re applied next week x

Attachments

Reactions: 7
I too had incredibly dry and rough feet. I have spent hundreds of pounds on treatments as I was always self conscious of them, especially when I got into a new relationship.
I now use a ointment from the pharmacy. It called 50/fifty It is basically white soft paraffin and liquid paraffin combined. It comes in 500g tubs and last forever. Most pharmacies don’t know what to charge for it. This can range from £3 to £8. It has no aroma I use it daily, it can be a littl slippery when applied so you can wear sandals straight after applying but it does absorb within half an hour.
My feet are lovely and soft and if I can be so bold as to say they now look like the feet of a late 30 year old. (I’m 57yrs). Give it a go and let me know how you get on x. Ps please ignore the outgrowing gel polish I’m due to have it removed and re applied next week x
Interesting - link to a cheap one. Probably delivery on top.

Laser/electrolysis experts!
I have a laser session left on my upper lip but the weather has just been too hot and my face too tanned since like March. Guess the laser hair ‘cycle’ is broken anyway- should I just start my electrolysis journey and go back to the laser session in the winter? Or will it be pointless anyway, could ask the salon to swap for another body part :)

Laser/electrolysis experts!
I have a laser session left on my upper lip but the weather has just been too hot and my face too tanned since like March. Guess the laser hair ‘cycle’ is broken anyway- should I just start my electrolysis journey and go back to the laser session in the winter? Or will it be pointless anyway, could ask the salon to swap for another body part :)
What machine are they using? As long as you haven’t had sun exposure for 2 weeks they can still do it

What machine are they using? As long as you haven’t had sun exposure for 2 weeks they can still do it
Well I have! It’s been like 28 degrees for months - I mean I’ve been using spf, but lip has still been exposed to sun

How can I soak off gel polish at home? Thank you.
File top shiny layer off with nail file, put some acetone in a bowl enough to submerge the nails, soak for 10 mins and you should start to see it come away. Use a cuticle pusher softly to scrape off. Repeat until all come off :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
File top shiny layer off with nail file, put some acetone in a bowl enough to submerge the nails, soak for 10 mins and you should start to see it come away. Use a cuticle pusher softly to scrape off. Repeat until all come off :)
Thank you for your reply 🙂

• Heart
Does anyone have any recomendations for hormonal acne? The week before I come on my period the same side of my chin is just awful. It really gets me down and make me feel so self conscious, I cant put make up on it as it makes it worse and looks crusty.
Definitely definitely go straight to a gp. i had acne and tried loads of things that didn’t work before I went to the gp and got prescribed differin (which worked wonders)

Love this thread.

what helps me is tidy and clean house is the root of feeling and looking good.

fresh clean ironed clothes. Unpopular opinion people who suffer with mental health is not an excuse to not clean your house. Youmay have less motivation but does not prevent a messy house. It helps when you want to look and feel better.

clean nails and good oral hygiene. Most importantly I think sleep is so underrated for feeling good also. Make sure you get ur 8 hours in and plenty of water.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Do we have a thread on household tips, similar to this one?
I totally second that a nice home makes me feel better (though I can't bring myself to iron my clothes)!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Love this thread.

what helps me is tidy and clean house is the root of feeling and looking good.

fresh clean ironed clothes. Unpopular opinion people who suffer with mental health is not an excuse to not clean your house. Youmay have less motivation but does not prevent a messy house. It helps when you want to look and feel better.

clean nails and good oral hygiene. Most importantly I think sleep is so underrated for feeling good also. Make sure you get ur 8 hours in and plenty of water.
I'm so bad with drinking water. When I make an effort to drink enough, I definitely feel and sleep much better.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.