Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Does anyone have any tips on how to make brow tint last longer? I've tried multiple brands, left it on for longer than advised and at first it does look amazing but it literally only lasts about 3 days max. For context I have very oily skin so I think that goes against me in terms of making it last longer
Would it help to dye them a little darker than you’d usually have them and then they’ll fade to a preferred colour? That’s what I do, more by coincidence than anything else!

avabella

VIP Member
Oh that’s a shame. I didn’t get conditioner as I’ve a backlog to get through and shorter hair.

I’d fully recommend the shampoo if anyone is struggling with very greasy roots. I’ve been getting greasy roots before bed time of late and had no luck with 4 different shampoos. I’ve not gone 72 hours as advertised because swimming came before then but at 48 hours, which included 2 sweaty walks, my hair still looked clean - i don’t think that’s ever happened since I became hormonal as a teen. As an aside ends have stayed soft instead of turning to straw the day after washing but I’ve also been diligent with spray conditioner and oil so can’t attribute it to the shampoo specifically.
Is that this one?

Attachments

Algeronwashere

VIP Member
Ooo I don’t know, I’ve always done the whole head of hair … I just stick to what my FIL told me, I have no clue doing anything else 🤣🤣
---

Photo 1
View attachment 2805286

photo 2
View attachment 2805287

Photo 3
View attachment 2805289

photo 4
View attachment 2805292

Photo number 1 shows the equipment you need. Photo number 2 shows the emulsion, photo 3, the colour (I use 66/07 which is a rich brown) photo 4 shows the hair clips I use, I normally use about 10-15. I would also invest in a box of latex gloves to stop the dye staining your hands and nails.

Start by prepping the room you are doing it in. I do it in the bathroom and remove all the white towels etc! And I pop on old scruffy clothes, and wear a vest top (or nothing at all if you live alone!!).

Gather all your equipment and a plastic bag and pegs.

Brush your hair and put Vaseline around your hair line and tops of your ears. This stops a tide mark forming.

Prep the dye.

Put on gloves. Add 2 parts emulsion to 1 part dye. Using the plastic measuring jug in photo 1. I do 60ml emulsion and 30ml dye, I have chin length hair. Mix them together in the bowl in photo 1. I mix them together using the brush in photo 1. It probably looks orange by now. Apply to your hair using the brush, really get into the roots . I do this by parting at the top and working my way down each side by 1cm sections and then when the whole of the section is covered I secure it with a clip shown in photo 4. Do the same it at the back of your hair too. When your whole head is covered, pop the plastic bag over your hair, making sure no bit is exposed, then secure with the pegs. Put a timer on for 30 mins. I use the 30 mins to wash off the equipment.

After 30 mins carefully remove bag and then bin it, remove clips from hair jump in the shower and wash off dye. I normally clean with shampoo and conditioner at the same time, wash Till water runs clean. Ta dah!
Thank you for this. How did you find out what color you needed?

George01

Chatty Member
Does anyone have any tips for eyebrow products, I have dark hair naturally but my eyes brows are basically see through!! Tinting them doesn't work well for me, never seems to take and I feel like over the years I've just never found that one product I swear by.

Mamacita

VIP Member
Is there a market for fake Longchamps? 🤔 they’re very cheap when it comes to a branded bag. I’d just look at the sellers page and make sure it seems legit, e.g. the first Longchamp I bought was from a mums page and she had used the bag for carrying toys. She had lots of good reviews and had purchased things as well. I’d also make sure the seller isn’t selling multiple of same thing, if they say they have ‘10’ black Longchamps or all different colours sounds like they’re just dropshipping from DHGate.

A lot of listings will include a screenshot of the receipt or order confirmation email for higher price items too. I do think you’d be safe to buy one on Depop anyway, I don’t think the market is super big for fake Longchamp xxx
I mean, don't know about longchamp specifically but there are plenty fake coach and Michael kors bags which are same price bracket or cheaper than longchamp.

When you go to Asia you can find fakes of everything, even perfect fakes of like Adidas sambas etc which are 100 quid or less as they are

Olive16

Do they do £10 sales often? Debating whether to start Christmas/Dec birthday shopping for my Daughter?

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
I had a fitting at Bravissimo, really recommend it. I typically go for the Freya Deco bras. They're underwired and do moulded and non-moulded cups but they're a plunge style so the wires don't come up high. I've got bigger boobs and I found this style gives good lift without the mono boob or weird separation.
Freya decos are my favourite.

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Wanting to replace my cheap rubbish earrings with some nice sterling silver ones. I only really wear studs but wouldn't mind small hoops. Can anyone recommend any brands?

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I have heard Potenza is meant to be good, it's radio frequency microneedling. Good for texture, fine lines and volume/plumpness. I haven't got it done yet as I need to wait another year and a half from a medical issue before I can get it done!

Not me, running off to research that, I've never heard of it! Thank you!!!!

BWGossip

Chatty Member
few of The Ordinary ones but nothing seems to suit my skin?
What products did you use? What percentage? What was your 'introduction plan'?

For example, I use the Retinol 1% from TO. I started only using it twice per week for 2 weeks, as I didn't have any bad reaction (redness, dryness, purge etc), I upped it to 3 times per week for 2 weeks etc... If on the first time I had a bad reaction to it, I'd have stopped using it, letting my skin heal, then switched to the retinol 0.5% (or whatever serum they have that is less strong) and start again (2 times per week for 2 weeks, then upping to 3 times etc).

Edit: I've normal/dry but reactive skin with a bit of rosacea. I use retinol 'only' every other day as it's the sweet spot for my skin (having the benefit without the added dryness or reaction)

Last edited:

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
Hi all ice recently had my hair cut and highlighted. I have very thick hair and the hair dresser has thinned it out and cut layers in which I don't like. I feel like my hair looks so fuzzy now it's been thinned out. Are there any products I can use to help this? Also anything worth buying to improve the over condition
Can’t believe I’ve only just discovered this thread! Loads of fantastic advice.

I have very thick hair with highlights and layers and I use Eden Bodyworks hair mask once a week. Gloop it on wet hair, wrap a towel around it and leave for 30 mins. It’s really good. I think it’s on special on Amazon at the moment too.

geegeex

Chatty Member
Can anyone recommend a medium cover foundation for every day wear thats not too expensive. I currently use an ELF cc cream but don't like the way it blends feel like it's so cakes to blend out