Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
YES! Go for it, such a cute idea for Christmas -

View attachment 1560987

View attachment 1560988

View attachment 1560989

Ok, these are a little fancy - but look so good!
I did one a few years ago for a Christmas party (before they became a thing I think, I’d been to stay in a super fancy hotel in London and they had one so I copied) and it was so lush, i put the hot chocolate in the slow cooker on “keep warm” once it was made so it stayed hot all evening and people could help themselves. I have a cricut too so was able to make nice labels for everything

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I did one a few years ago for a Christmas party (before they became a thing I think, I’d been to stay in a super fancy hotel in London and they had one so I copied) and it was so lush, i put the hot chocolate in the slow cooker on “keep warm” once it was made so it stayed hot all evening and people could help themselves. I have a cricut too so was able to make nice labels for everything
This sounds so dreamy 😍
I’m obsessed w cricut, I find it so therapeutic making labels for everything

I spent half of yesterday painting my living room dark blue (F&B stiffkey blue in case anyone is interested!) and I’m now shopping online for some kind of copper or gold lamp.

Would anyone be interested in a home decor thread?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I spent half of yesterday painting my living room dark blue (F&B stiffkey blue in case anyone is interested!) and I’m now shopping online for some kind of copper or gold lamp.

Yes! Great idea

Reactions: 8

Yes please! I've got about 80% of my house decorated but would love more ideas for accessories and general ideas!

Reactions: 7

love that colour! I chose sofas in a similar tone and went for f&b off white on the walls and gold and copper coloured accessories

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
love that colour! I chose sofas in a similar tone and went for f&b off white on the walls and gold and copper coloured accessories
That colour is divine! I’m looking for a shade along the lines of that for our bedroom at the moment. I’ve got about 8 swatches on the walls. The one thing I hate about F&B paint is how much it marks.

new thread here!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Yes I would!

Reactions: 1
That colour is divine! I’m looking for a shade along the lines of that for our bedroom at the moment. I’ve got about 8 swatches on the walls. The one thing I hate about F&B paint is how much it marks.

new thread here!
So a friend of a friend works in Homebase and said they regularly have people bringing the F&B colour chart over to the scan and mix paint counter to be made up so they’re effectively having the exact shade they want but loads cheaper!

Reactions: 10
So a friend of a friend works in Homebase and said they regularly have people bringing the F&B colour chart over to the scan and mix paint counter to be made up so they’re effectively having the exact shade they want but loads cheaper!
I’ve always done this too, I find actual F&B really streaky?

Reactions: 2
Has anyone here ever tried an eco egg for laundry? Toying with the idea of getting one, under no illusion that it'll deal with the tougher washes, but I thought it might be worth a go for light everyday soil?

Reactions: 3
Would love any reccs for places to buy good quality curtains or more general advice for using curtain hooks on tracks? We have a pair that do not open/close smoothly on the tracks and hooks are constantly falling down - it looks so messy. Not sure if it's the tracks, hooks, curtains too heavy? I was even looking at the automatic curtain opening gadgets in case it's us being heavy handed but surely shouldn't be this difficult! We rent so can't change it to eyelets.

Has anyone here ever tried an eco egg for laundry? Toying with the idea of getting one, under no illusion that it'll deal with the tougher washes, but I thought it might be worth a go for light everyday soil?
I use an eco egg for items that need freshening up and love it, easy to refill, so handy for putting on a wash quickly and the pellets last for a good length of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.