Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for your recommendations!

10 minutes into a video and I already ordered an electric mop šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is not remotely glamorous but does anyone have an under desk filing cabinet and has it actually helped with your organisation?

Ryman do them in cute colours so Iā€™m not gonna feel like Iā€™m in an 80s accountancy firm but atm I have all our paperwork in those paperchase Kraft boxes and itā€™s a bleeping nightmare anytime I need to find anything. At least with the separators I can divide it into logical categories?

Reactions: 1
Honeyjubu or Hamimommy are my favourites. They're so relaxing to watch.
Nami is also good. I think she's in Japan.
Yep, those and also Heymeyday! Iā€™d love to have all those fancy storage containers for food, especially the flat ones with a grid she uses to freeze stuff, but I canā€™t find them here.
and the food they all make always looks so pretty:love:

I love the way they take such care with food that they will eat alone. When Iā€™m on my own I just pick at stuff!

Reactions: 4
This is not remotely glamorous but does anyone have an under desk filing cabinet and has it actually helped with your organisation?

Ryman do them in cute colours so Iā€™m not gonna feel like Iā€™m in an 80s accountancy firm but atm I have all our paperwork in those paperchase Kraft boxes and itā€™s a bleeping nightmare anytime I need to find anything. At least with the separators I can divide it into logical categories?
I donā€™t know how much paper you have, but I put my files/paperwork into arch lever files with really good quality punched pockets, at least 80 microns so that itā€™s easier to flip the punched pockets and you could always use various dividers.

Paperwork is the bane of my life! I think itā€™s good to find what works best for each individual, but thatā€™s what works for me šŸ—‚

we have these from ikea. Easy to assemble and do fit a box file in the deeper drawers

Attachments

• Heart
Got a whole bunch of kallax units I need to get. Decided on a bit of a refurb. Nothing major just storage, a mid sleeper bed for one of the boys as his bedroom is quiet small. Also considering redecorating my youngest child's room. It's currently jungle themed and he loves animals and that but the background of the wallpaper is grey. Needs to be something light as the room gets dark v. Easy.

I have a few days off work so I'm planning some home organisation this week. Today I tackled the cupboard of doom and gutted my living room. It was so cathartic. Kitchen tomorrow šŸ’ŖšŸ§¹

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm doing regular but slow clear outs of everything I own and trying to get rid of things that I've felt so-so about or kept in case it's useful in the future, or products that I've tried but not kept the habit of using and as good as it feels to clear bags to charity shops etc, I still feel like I'm surrounded by so much stuff. I want to reduce my visual clutter but often when things are out of sight they're out of mind (probably part of the reason I've ended up with so much duplicated stuff all over the place!)

Reactions: 5
I'm doing regular but slow clear outs of everything I own and trying to get rid of things that I've felt so-so about or kept in case it's useful in the future, or products that I've tried but not kept the habit of using and as good as it feels to clear bags to charity shops etc, I still feel like I'm surrounded by so much stuff. I want to reduce my visual clutter but often when things are out of sight they're out of mind (probably part of the reason I've ended up with so much duplicated stuff all over the place!)
This is such a great start though - and just keep visualising how you want the space to look and feel. When youā€™ve got rid of some of the things that are ā€œout of sight out of mindā€ you will have room to put the things in your eyeline away in their own little homes! ā€¦ itā€™s a really long process and you are doing so incredibly well! Itā€™s often starting thatā€™s the hardest part and then you get the bug a little bit!! X

• Heart
I have a few days off work so I'm planning some home organisation this week. Today I tackled the cupboard of doom and gutted my living room. It was so cathartic. Kitchen tomorrow šŸ’ŖšŸ§¹
Is there anything more therapeutic?!
I love it. Especially when the house is empty.

• Heart
I love your post and can really relate to what youā€™re saying! Thursday is my bin dayā€¦thereā€™s such a sense of achievement on Wednesday evening as I wheel out the bin! Clutter be gone! Iā€™ve noticed too that the local charity shops gladly accept a small/medium bag of donations at a time without quibbleā€¦whereas if I show up to them with larger amounts they tend to want to know what I am donating before accepting it. It seems like a continuous effort to keep the clutter at bay.

• Heart
I picked up some new Scentsational wax melts from Asda in the scent Sugared Apple Blossom and itā€™s lovely! I almost didnā€™t try it as it sounds way too sweet but itā€™s a lovely delicate floral smell with a slight hint of coconut. Quite ā€˜girlyā€™ but fresh and getting me excited for spring!šŸŒø

08A87C14-B255-4AC0-B182-CE797C172191.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Hello, šŸ‘‹ I'm new here.šŸ¤©
I'm slowly going through your first thread but am desperate to ask a question.
I've been reading how good lemon is and as I have just boiled two lemons for a recipe I want to use the waste lemon water as a cleaning solution in a spray bottle, but I don't know how to make it keep.
Should I add some vodka or would white vinegar help stop it going off?

I love your post and can really relate to what youā€™re saying! Thursday is my bin dayā€¦thereā€™s such a sense of achievement on Wednesday evening as I wheel out the bin! Clutter be gone! Iā€™ve noticed too that the local charity shops gladly accept a small/medium bag of donations at a time without quibbleā€¦whereas if I show up to them with larger amounts they tend to want to know what I am donating before accepting it. It seems like a continuous effort to keep the clutter at bay.
My next door neighbour rang up the charity shop before she moved and they came round with a truck and took a load of stuff.
I myself have rung British Heart Foundation to take stuff including electricals and they came in a truck.
---
I have been pondering on some of my own suggestions whilst reading your posts. These come immediately to mind:-
1) You know those little boxes that Ferrero Rocher come in ....well
1676562346501.png
you can use them for storage in your shallow kitchen drawer, bedside table etc. What was previously a heaving drawer of mess will be sorted with spaces. I have one box full of batteries, one for important bits like meter box keys, outside tap top etc, one kept out for people to put mystery bits in e.g. a panel fell off a radio cassette player and was found in the mystery tub. It's especially good for the odds and sods drawer in the kitchen. You'll be surprised what you can fit in them and it is so neat with the flush fitting lid.
2) I have dry clean only sofas and have found those thick cottony type throws with tassels from Home Bargains are great for covering the seating part and catching any spills. Just throw them in the washing machine. Mine cost Ā£3.99 each but they have gone up in price. They have recently saved my sofas as I bought a Sherpa fleece hoody and the dye from it has rubbed off on the throw.. Thank God it wasn't the sofa.
This could be it in navy, mines an off white colour. Keep your eyes peeled in-store

Last edited:
My next door neighbour rang up the charity shop before she moved and they came round with a truck and took a load of stuff.
I myself have rung British Heart Foundation to take stuff including electricals and they came in a truck.
---
I have been pondering on some of my own suggestions whilst reading your posts. These come immediately to mind:-
1) You know those little boxes that Ferrero Rocher come in ....well View attachment 1964646you can use them for storage in your shallow kitchen drawer, bedside table etc. What was previously a heaving drawer of mess will be sorted with spaces. I have one box full of batteries, one for important bits like meter box keys, outside tap top etc, one kept out for people to put mystery bits in e.g. a panel fell off a radio cassette player and was found in the mystery tub. It's especially good for the odds and sods drawer in the kitchen. You'll be surprised what you can fit in them and it is so neat with the flush fitting lid.
2) I have dry clean only sofas and have found those thick cottony type throws with tassels from Home Bargains are great for covering the seating part and catching any spills. Just throw them in the washing machine. Mine cost Ā£3.99 each but they have gone up in price. They have recently saved my sofas as I bought a Sherpa fleece hoody and the dye from it has rubbed off on the throw.. Thank God it wasn't the sofa.
This could be it in navy, mines an off white colour. Keep your eyes peeled in-store

I use exactly this box to put in sachets of baking powder! I don't like having them lose in the drawer and also it keeps out smell from any spices.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone have any recommendations for making your car smell nice? Mine doesnā€™t really smell of anything and Iā€™d like it to smell nice and fresh. Not a fan of most of the car air fresheners you can get.

Does anyone have any recommendations for making your car smell nice? Mine doesnā€™t really smell of anything and Iā€™d like it to smell nice and fresh. Not a fan of most of the car air fresheners you can get.
clean & hoover regularly and open windows. Not sure what to suggest air freshener wise, I use cherry jellybelly but can appreciate it is head ache inducing for some

Get the febreze car air freshner. Growing up my parents used to put fabric softner in the car, it came in soft plastic "tubes" and you cold really smell it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.