Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any tips on root veg storage. Are the containers worth it, or jute bags suffice? Mine keep going mouldy, small kitchen. Tried every cupboard, and having them in basket on the counter. Fed up of the waste.

Reactions: 1
Any tips on root veg storage. Are the containers worth it, or jute bags suffice? Mine keep going mouldy, small kitchen. Tried every cupboard, and having them in basket on the counter. Fed up of the waste.
That seems strange. I keep mine in the bread bin and it does the trick

Question is do you need a doorbell? We have the ring video camera on our garage, it activates a flood light and has wider vision and a siren function !

I just put everything apart from potatoes in the fridge and it never goes mouldy, that’s strange. For how long do you normally store them?

Reactions: 3
Where do you shop? I find aldi haven’t got a long shelf life. Is your fridge cold enough? X

Try wrapping them in a damp cloth and keeping them in the fridge. Rinse the cloth and wring it out weekly. Root veg should last weeks like this

Reactions: 6
Wow where are you all living to have home security like this 😱
I sometimes forget to lock our doors at night and my neighbour regularly leaves the house with her key in the lock 🙈

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I sometimes forget to lock our doors at night and my neighbour regularly leaves the house with her key in the lock 🙈
I live in a lovely area tbh. We have a lot of land around our house so have cameras to check if anyone’s managed to get into it / any out buildings. I spend a lot of time at home just me and our toddler so would be scared without it.

When I lived in a nice bit of London had cameras because car theft is so rife we always saw it as maybe they’d just pick a house that didn’t have cameras/alarms/etc. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I used to live somewhere like where you live and I miss it a lot!

Reactions: 4
I live in a lovely area tbh. We have a lot of land around our house so have cameras to check if anyone’s managed to get into it / any out buildings. I spend a lot of time at home just me and our toddler so would be scared without it.

When I lived in a nice bit of London had cameras because car theft is so rife we always saw it as maybe they’d just pick a house that didn’t have cameras/alarms/etc. 🤷🏻‍♀️
car theft round my area is ridiculous. Theres a group of teens/early 20’s they take cars every night even boast about it on social media and police still do nothing. They go through the red lights at the crossings not a care in the world and laugh react to peoples posts to try find their cars/motor bikes. One man mowed some of them down a few weeks ago and drove off 🙈

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I live in a good area to be fair. When my fellas at home he's all the security we need lol but when it's me and the kids I just need to feel safe and secure. I'm very mindful I am quiet small and if someone was to sit and watch the house and wait for my partner to leave to try attack me I wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight.

Reactions: 2
South East UK.
Went to a crime prevention evening organised by the police and they said the best way to prevent burglary is with an alarm or cctv, as burglars are now likely to pick those without.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone bought from ruggable before and how did you like it please?
Quoting myself on this cos I was stunned to find out they’re 100% polyester?! It’s super buried and you really have to actively look for it but 🤯 they’re doing well to sell polyester for what they’re selling it for I’ll give them that.

I watched this video by Loepsie where she declutters all her make-up, skincare and beauty stuff and got inspired to do the same. While I only have a fraction of what she has (I'm not wearing much anyway and I'm no Beauty Youtuber...) I still have "stuff". Stuff that I sometimes don't even really use anymore and that takes up space in the cupboards where it annoys me. I'm often strict and tell myself I have to use up X to buy something new, but if I don't like the product that's not working out too well.
Loepsie makes a point in that video that resonated with me - when I was younger it made sense to hold on to some stuff as I had less money. But now, I can afford to throw out a weird blush and buy another one if I find I want it. Of course, should be done in moderation or you end up where you started. But at least it was the kick in the butt I needed to throw out a long expired hair oil that I kept around, despite not liking it since it cost me some money years ago :rolleyes: Tried it for the final time this morning, which sealed its fate 👋
So while I can't say that I decluttered an entire room full of beauty products and there's not much visual difference, it still felt good.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I watched this video by Loepsie where she declutters all her make-up, skincare and beauty stuff and got inspired to do the same. While I only have a fraction of what she has (I'm not wearing much anyway and I'm no Beauty Youtuber...) I still have "stuff". Stuff that I sometimes don't even really use anymore and that takes up space in the cupboards where it annoys me. I'm often strict and tell myself I have to use up X to buy something new, but if I don't like the product that's not working out too well.
Loepsie makes a point in that video that resonated with me - when I was younger it made sense to hold on to some stuff as I had less money. But now, I can afford to throw out a weird blush and buy another one if I find I want it. Of course, should be done in moderation or you end up where you started. But at least it was the kick in the butt I needed to throw out a long expired hair oil that I kept around, despite not liking it since it cost me some money years ago :rolleyes: Tried it for the final time this morning, which sealed its fate 👋
So while I can't say that I decluttered an entire room full of beauty products and there's not much visual difference, it still felt good.
this is my issue I absolutely HATE wasting stuff and have a habit off keeping things just incase

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.