Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For work just concealer
But days out weekends etc both
I have been using Liz earle cleanse and polish for 10 years now
I had bad skin as in hormonal spots and Liz earle was the thing that sorted my skin out and never changed x
Have you ever tried a colour corrector first? Such as the Bobbi Brown colour corrector. These links are concealers I would go to with what you have described

https://www.boots.com/estee-lauder-...PYNu58TxMwvt6_q7nR0aAs2dEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Let me know if you have tried these 3 and what you were finding was wrong with them. I’d avoid the benefit one, I find that extremely hard to blend and creases easily. What do you apply them with? X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Have you ever tried a colour corrector first? Such as the Bobbi Brown colour corrector. These links are concealers I would go to with what you have described

https://www.boots.com/estee-lauder-...PYNu58TxMwvt6_q7nR0aAs2dEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Let me know if you have tried these 3 and what you were finding was wrong with them. I’d avoid the benefit one, I find that extremely hard to blend and creases easily. What do you apply them with? X
Thank you so much for your help
I do hear great things about the tarte one
Would you say you have to go a lighter shade to make the under eye appear lighter or does it not matter ?
And no I have never done the Bobbi brown colour corrector but I’m going to

Thank you so much for your help
I do hear great things about the tarte one
Would you say you have to go a lighter shade to make the under eye appear lighter or does it not matter ?
And no I have never done the Bobbi brown colour corrector but I’m going to
you could go a shade or two lighter but obviously don’t completely wash your self out. I’d probably go for a good quality corrector and an ever so slightly lighter concealer. Do you use a beauty blender?

you could go a shade or two lighter but obviously don’t completely wash your self out. I’d probably go for a good quality corrector and an ever so slightly lighter concealer. Do you use a beauty blender?
At the moment I use iconic light concealer and tap with my ring finger and it does look ok
Then go over with an elf camouflage one with a Beaty blender

It might not be glamorous, but I like to use ice cream containers to sort stuff into. Since you can't seem them I don't mind that they don't look like something from a fancy organization shop.
I finally had three matching ones which fit perfectly in the drawer under the sink in the bathroom and it looks so much better now! I have one that holds chargers for the toothbrushes, one holding hair dryer attachments and then another one holding hair brushes.
Anyway, just came here to say don't throw your ice cream containers away :ROFLMAO: I have very random things in them, e.g. bottle corks to take for recycling...

Reactions: 8
It might not be glamorous, but I like to use ice cream containers to sort stuff into. Since you can't seem them I don't mind that they don't look like something from a fancy organization shop.
I finally had three matching ones which fit perfectly in the drawer under the sink in the bathroom and it looks so much better now! I have one that holds chargers for the toothbrushes, one holding hair dryer attachments and then another one holding hair brushes.
Anyway, just came here to say don't throw your ice cream containers away :ROFLMAO: I have very random things in them, e.g. bottle corks to take for recycling...
you could spray paint them if they are on show too

Reactions: 1
I use takeaway tubs in drawers, especially that typical junk drawer! And ikea do some nice tubs in the kids section which I take the lids off.

I use takeaway tubs in drawers, especially that typical junk drawer! And ikea do some nice tubs in the kids section which I take the lids off.
Another fan of Free Tupperware™️ for organising stuff here!

I use loads of them for DIY bits - sat upright on the short ends with one end labelled with the contents filling a big storage box under the stairs ("rawl plugs", "picture hooks", "washers"). Been doing this for years and it's made my life so much easier and saved loads of space.

Reactions: 4
Tips for getting rid of smoke smells and cleaning vertical blinds? Just moved into a temporary rental for 6 months while we have building work and the kitchen smells smokey/musty. I think it might be on the vertical blinds and kitchen cupboards. I hate vertical blinds at the best of times, letting agent measured up for some new ones but don't know when they'll be fitted so want to try cleaning them first.

Tips for getting rid of smoke smells and cleaning vertical blinds? Just moved into a temporary rental for 6 months while we have building work and the kitchen smells smokey/musty. I think it might be on the vertical blinds and kitchen cupboards. I hate vertical blinds at the best of times, letting agent measured up for some new ones but don't know when they'll be fitted so want to try cleaning them first.
sugar soap for the walls and kitchen cupboards. My mam used to put blinds in the washing machine.

Could you ask the agen if you can bleach them if they are being replaced. I don't think anything else will help with the smell and the bleach will 100% get rid of the smell but obv ruin them

I washed my vertical blinds on a quick wash in a pillowcase and they all frayed. In some high street blind shops you can go in and they’ll make replacements slats for about 80p each. I do it regularly/when I redecorate a room.

Blinds are in the washing machine right now 🙈 pray for me! The letting agent was planning to bin them anyway so even if I just don't put them back up after cleaning I think it'll be ok 🤞 used the pink stuff on the track and it got all the yellow staining off, smoking is so horrible 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Blinds are in the washing machine right now 🙈 pray for me! The letting agent was planning to bin them anyway so even if I just don't put them back up after cleaning I think it'll be ok 🤞 used the pink stuff on the track and it got all the yellow staining off, smoking is so horrible 🤢
*Likes your comment as I'm eyeing up the spliff I rolled 20 minute ago*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Has anyone got a recommendation for some little draws or some sort of nice looking storage to stand on a shelf to put makeup and nail polish in? I don’t have a great amount but not been inspired by anything on google and top searches come up with clear plastic draws and I would prefer something not see through. Thanks!

Anyone got a Ring doorbell? I’m contemplating getting one. The front door is within 15 feet of our WiFi so it should work ok, right?

Anyone got a Ring doorbell? I’m contemplating getting one. The front door is within 15 feet of our WiFi so it should work ok, right?
I had one, it wasn't great and our flat was small. It took ages to alert me on my phone (and even longer to bring up the video), by that time the postman certainly would jut have left. Imo, a regular doorbell works better.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.