Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Limescale on showerscreen;

Warm up white distilled vinegar,dont boil.

Mix with equal amount of washing up liquid room temp into a spray bottle.

Spray generously over screen and leave 5 minutes

Damp warm cloth,rub in mixture over screen.

Leave for 10 minutes

Rinse off with hot water and rub dry either with dry towel or squiggie

Amazing results.

Stubborn areas i got a toothbrush and dipped in bicarbonate soda and the vinegar into a paste and rubbed over the areas that were more limescaley.

I use so many 😂 mainly nars, Mac studio fix or Charlotte tilbury flawless filter

yes I’m a clatty witch who just constantly kicks about with foundation collars 😂
I always start any stain with a long soak in cold water. Washing up liquid is quite gd too i think

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I use so many 😂 mainly nars, Mac studio fix or Charlotte tilbury flawless filter

yes I’m a clatty witch who just constantly kicks about with foundation collars 😂
you need a degreaser really, im an MUA and just use Fairy Liquid in the wash but obviously not ideal to get it in the washer. If it is ruined anyway and amazon stuff doesn’t get it out I’d just put fairy on it and get it in the washer and then in the tumble dryer with tennis balls/dryer balls. My Moncler puffer survived the washer and dryer and so has a primark puffer. North face did get ruined tho

Reactions: 1
I feel like I'm losing a battle against hair and dust in the bathroom. Seriously, it's just two longhaired adults here and the floor looks like a hairdresser's. I mop once a week, I often use a squeegee in between to quickly gather dust and hair and it gets vacuumed once or twice a week. I don't want to mop more often than that 😭 any magic tips?

Reactions: 5
I feel like I'm losing a battle against hair and dust in the bathroom. Seriously, it's just two longhaired adults here and the floor looks like a hairdresser's. I mop once a week, I often use a squeegee in between to quickly gather dust and hair and it gets vacuumed once or twice a week. I don't want to mop more often than that 😭 any magic tips?
a rubber bristle sweeping brush

Reactions: 2
I’ve never tried a squeege but find the rubber brush easy to use and you run it under water to clean. What floor do you have?
I've tiles and I usually just take the squeegee and run it of the floor to quickly gather dust/ hair and then can throw it away and wipe the "blade" clean. It doesn't even take a long time, but it starts gathering again sooo quickly, you'd think we need to be going bald soon :ROFLMAO:

Considering investing in a 5x5 kallax unit for the living room. Should I do it?

Considering investing in a 5x5 kallax unit for the living room. Should I do it?
Hm, would depend on what you want it for. I personally am not a huge fan of them because I'd want some closed space to put things away and I don't really love those boxes you can insert. I've seen a smaller Kallax used to arrange plants, which looked really nice though!

Hm, would depend on what you want it for. I personally am not a huge fan of them because I'd want some closed space to put things away and I don't really love those boxes you can insert. I've seen a smaller Kallax used to arrange plants, which looked really nice though!
Mainly for storing the kids stuff. I've got a 2x2 kallax and a huge toy boy taking up a 3rd of the room so was thinking of getting rid of them both and putting the 5x5 in its place. See I love the boxes, can make them look really pretty I think. Was also considering a few faux plants. I love seeing a bit of nature in the home but not got the memory span to maintain a real plant.

Mainly for storing the kids stuff. I've got a 2x2 kallax and a huge toy boy taking up a 3rd of the room so was thinking of getting rid of them both and putting the 5x5 in its place. See I love the boxes, can make them look really pretty I think. Was also considering a few faux plants. I love seeing a bit of nature in the home but not got the memory span to maintain a real plant.
I have a 5x5 in my living room and both bedrooms I find them handy

I have the Trofast storage system in my LO’s playroom and love it - basically the same as a kallax but more customisable imo! Each column has the option for 3 drawers but you can get some that are double depth too - which is good for duplo instead of the ugly box sitting around. You used to be able to get some that were half the width too (but apparently these are harder to find now?) so you could have two trays to one slot for small parts. I really like ours & once LO grows up and that room changes it’ll be repurposed in a garage to hold husband’s bits in. It’s also available in pine whereas I don’t think the kallax are, I’ve also seen people drill into the side of it to add those wall hanging activities or book storage.

Oh and another huge win is - the ikea flisat kids table makes use of the same plastic trays, and there’s loads of activity lids for those boxes on Etsy or you could easily make them yourself with cardboard. I’ve seen people make light boxes with them too!

I sound like a super stan lol it just is a really good system!

Reactions: 3
you need a degreaser really, im an MUA and just use Fairy Liquid in the wash but obviously not ideal to get it in the washer. If it is ruined anyway and amazon stuff doesn’t get it out I’d just put fairy on it and get it in the washer and then in the tumble dryer with tennis balls/dryer balls. My Moncler puffer survived the washer and dryer and so has a primark puffer. North face did get ruined tho
Please tell me the best under eye concealer to cover dark circles without creasing and looking powdery xx

• Haha
What is your skin type and colouring? Any budget? X
Oily t zone but no matter what I use I always look dry and never glowy or glossy
I got the Georgio armani luminous silk seeing it on everyone else but it still looks dreary and dull on me
It’s actually really getting to me
I used to put foundation on not long after moisturer to try get glowy but ended up looking greasy and shiny
No budget
I’m not pale but not tanned either

Oily t zone but no matter what I use I always look dry and never glowy or glossy
I got the Georgio armani luminous silk seeing it on everyone else but it still looks dreary and dull on me
It’s actually really getting to me
I used to put foundation on not long after moisturer to try get glowy but ended up looking greasy and shiny
No budget
I’m not pale but not tanned either
Do you want to get away with just wearing the concealer or do you always want it paired with a foundation? You’re not washing your face with anything harsh are you? X

Do you want to get away with just wearing the concealer or do you always want it paired with a foundation? You’re not washing your face with anything harsh are you? X
For work just concealer
But days out weekends etc both
I have been using Liz earle cleanse and polish for 10 years now
I had bad skin as in hormonal spots and Liz earle was the thing that sorted my skin out and never changed x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.