Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had one, it wasn't great and our flat was small. It took ages to alert me on my phone (and even longer to bring up the video), by that time the postman certainly would jut have left. Imo, a regular doorbell works better.
Love our ring but you do need the subscription to make it worthwhile

Reactions: 4
I had a Ring but had to send it back as it was rubbish at picking up the WiFi and alerting us to any callers.
I got a Eufy and it's far superior and includes the ringer for inside the house that the memory card goes in. It stores the images for free. Much better all round and way cheaper too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had a Ring but had to send it back as it was rubbish at picking up the WiFi and alerting us to any callers.
I got a Eufy and it's far superior and includes the ringer for inside the house that the memory card goes in. It stores the images for free. Much better all round and way cheaper too.
+1 for eufy, we don’t have their doorbell but their cameras and they’re brilliant.

Reactions: 2
Mine works ok at times. Sometimes it doesn’t work at all 😫 I think they’re dependant upon your internet.

Has anyone tried Astonish the good one in the green tin? I’m tempted to try this on my kitchen tiles? Anyone got any tips? Thanks ❤

Mine works ok at times. Sometimes it doesn’t work at all 😫 I think they’re dependant upon your internet.

Has anyone tried Astonish the good one in the green tin? I’m tempted to try this on my kitchen tiles? Anyone got any tips? Thanks ❤
yes it is excellent. Slightly damp cloth to apply. Use a scrub daddy if you want something rougher

Reactions: 2
0A149A71-1313-4502-91FC-D592FF4B24AF.jpeg
I’m sure everyone will probably think wtf is she excited about, but I got these bamboo lidded jars yesterday and I’m really enjoying seeing my sugar and chamomile tea bags in them!

Reactions: 18
I got the verisure full package. Come at me potential burglars your in for a treat!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I got the verisure full package. Come at me potential burglars your in for a treat!!!!
Could i be nosy and ask the cost and how it compared to any other quotes you got?

Also, does it tie you in to a monthly payment or service contract?

Asking for a friend…

Reactions: 1
Could i be nosy and ask the cost and how it compared to any other quotes you got?

Also, does it tie you in to a monthly payment or service contract?

Asking for a friend…
To be honest I just went straight to verisure. My house has smoke bombs and all sorts lol. £658 it cosy me in total. I have 2 cctv cameras inside. One outside. 2 door alarms, window alarms and a video doorbell. I pay £40 a month but that includes 24/7 monitoring and an SOS button for all emergency services. Also have a secret duress code I can type in on my alarm keypad.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
To be honest I just went straight to verisure. My house has smoke bombs and all sorts lol. £658 it cosy me in total. I have 2 cctv cameras inside. One outside. 2 door alarms, window alarms and a video doorbell. I pay £40 a month but that includes 24/7 monitoring and an SOS button for all emergency services. Also have a secret duress code I can type in on my alarm keypad.
Clearly you are royalty and I am curtsying as I type this reply.

Thank you, that is very helpful. £40 a month in perpetuity is outside my budget but I will ask them to quote to check all the options.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thank you 🙏🏻 is it any good on glass?
yes it’s fab, don’t scratch it with anything rough x

I used to work for verisure. I am meant to go back next month🤣🤣I have the full works for free🤣

Clearly you are royalty and I am curtsying as I type this reply.

Thank you, that is very helpful. £40 a month in perpetuity is outside my budget but I will ask them to quote to check all the options.
I can get discount x

Reactions: 4
Wow thats impressive. Most people go with just the doorbell. Have you been burgled before or just being cautious?

Reactions: 5
Admittedly, video doorbells are great, forgot to explain earlier that we do have one now, I just wasn't fond of the Ring we tested. When we moved, the apartment came with a video doorbells, but it's not via Wi-Fi but wire, so the video is there instantly, and I can also talk to the person if needed. But it doesn't store any images, if that is important to anyone.

I've an Echo Show that i can use as a security cam, sort of - when I'm away I can use my phone to open a video stream and check in on my home - but it wouldn't alert me to movement or call the police or anything. Still handy, I have it angled at my door so I could check on it.

I have a ring doorbell and some other cheap
cctv which needs replacing but I could never live without cctv again.
Being able to check a camera on your property when you hear a noise outside, even if its only foxes, is very reassuring. As well as catching all those delivery drivers who say they rang the doorbell before leaving a card and not the parcel.

Reactions: 5
Wow thats impressive. Most people go with just the doorbell. Have you been burgled before or just being cautious?
It's mainly for when my partner isn't here. I know we are safe when hes here but if he goes for a night out or whatever I was feeling vunerable. I've already got a large loud dog but the more the better. There was an incident with my sheds being burgled last summer. The police decided it was my word against his as I had no cctv so that played a part in my decision as well obviously.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.