Your Nail Salon/Manicure Routine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
omfg. My shellac’s chipped off again 😭 Think I just have to accept it’s not meant for me.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
omfg. My shellac’s chipped off again 😭 Think I just have to accept it’s not meant for me.
Try a different brand, I’ve never had any trouble with The Gel Bottle or Bio Sculpture but Shellac barely lasted a couple of days for me

I’ve been getting builder in a bottle gel lately and I love it! With normal gel my nails don’t feel that strong, but with the builder gel they feel thick, healthy and they’ve never chipped 😍 don’t see myself getting anything else now!

Reactions: 4
Removed my own gel very diligently (took hours, so boring) but my nails are soooo crappy now. I can't tell whether there's some base coat still on them or whether I've pulled a couple of layers off them in places but they look crap and feel even worse!

• Heart
Removed my own gel very diligently (took hours, so boring) but my nails are soooo crappy now. I can't tell whether there's some base coat still on them or whether I've pulled a couple of layers off them in places but they look crap and feel even worse!
They never look good after they’ve had anything on them. They’ll recover

Oh thank god, so it's not something I've done to them?! I'll get them done again in a couple of weeks but in the meantime they look shocking 😂
Does it look like that? I’ve pulled one of mine off tonight and it’s like that underneath but it only lasts a few days. I’m getting em done on Friday it’s been too long since my last app 💔.
No nothing you have done 😂 anything you put on nails always makes them a bit scruffy when it comes off

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Give them some extra love, rest for a few days and then perhaps a nourishing base coat and they’ll be fine soon

• Heart
Reactions: 3
can anyone recommend some good acetone?

maybe it sounds like a stupid question but i bought the mylee starter kit ages ages ago and used their gel remover (purple) that came with the set and it was tit. i had it on for 30 minutes and it definitely did not peel off easily. i reapplied for another 20 minutes (foils and cotton) and it came off mostly, again with some pushing, but there were still bits of base coat stuck to my nails. they felt really thin afterwards. they look OK, but they just feel super damaged

@greenvelvet I just buy any big bottle of pure acetone from Amazon. But bear in mind you shouldn’t be leaving acetone on for so long - it rehardens the gel after a while! 20-30 minutes is wayyyyy too long. If I’m doing the foil method then I go through each nail one by one and by the time I’ve done the tenth nail, the first one is ready to peel. If it’s not working you’ve either not applied enough acetone or you’ve not filed off enough of your top coat.

• Heart
I've just bought some acetone from Boots for super cheap €2 for 50ml. Can't wait to use cos I also fecked up my nails removing the gel and there's still some left of them.

I have my acrylic nails done fortnightly but regular tech is now away until mid-September! If I don’t keep on top of my routine and have nails really short I start messing with them until they become loose & then nibble away…..

Would it be “rude” to use another nail tech in the meantime to keep me on track? I know it’s a silly question but it’s like going to another hairdresser when you can’t get an appointment with your regular one - oh the guilt!!!!

I have my acrylic nails done fortnightly but regular tech is now away until mid-September! If I don’t keep on top of my routine and have nails really short I start messing with them until they become loose & then nibble away…..

Would it be “rude” to use another nail tech in the meantime to keep me on track? I know it’s a silly question but it’s like going to another hairdresser when you can’t get an appointment with your regular one - oh the guilt!!!!
Can you get them done by someone else and then get them off before you go back to your usual nail tech. It’s like cheating isn’t it hahah.

• Haha

Could you ask your regular one for recommendations? I definitely don’t see a problem in using someone else but would be worried about the standard if you are used to one person and then someone else does them differently/badly.

Hi, I stumbled upon this thread and wondered if anyone has any advice please. You can see in this photo that my nails/cuticles are a bit of a mess, the ring finger is really ridged and I thought it would grow out but it’s been this way for over a year now. The rest of my nails grow so much then one spontaneously breaks.

How can I fix this please? In particular the ridge as when the nail grows a bit the end even feels strange). I’ve stopped putting anything on them other than a bit of cuticle oil, my cuticles get really dry and I have a tendency to pick them. I’ve not had gel on my nails for a few years, even then I didn’t do it often.
Thanks
6CADF462-82BF-4D70-8462-375262D3F486.jpeg

Hi, I stumbled upon this thread and wondered if anyone has any advice please. You can see in this photo that my nails/cuticles are a bit of a mess, the ring finger is really ridged and I thought it would grow out but it’s been this way for over a year now. The rest of my nails grow so much then one spontaneously breaks.

How can I fix this please? In particular the ridge as when the nail grows a bit the end even feels strange). I’ve stopped putting anything on them other than a bit of cuticle oil, my cuticles get really dry and I have a tendency to pick them. I’ve not had gel on my nails for a few years, even then I didn’t do it often.
Thanks
View attachment 1529026
If you can afford it, get a manicure every month or so. You don't need to get polish if you don't want to. I would only trust a professional to cut my cuticles, but you could push them back x

I second the post above. I had a weird cuticle on my toe. It was growing thicker than the rest and after having my toes done regularly ( as they cut the cuticles ) it stopped doing it and it’s like the rest now ! Gel wouldn’t make your hands like that so there’s nothing stopping you having gel nails if you want them