Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Traazers

VIP Member
Hi everyone! I've only just come across this thread. I'm obsessed with nails, I do my own extensions (either gel x with fills from biab but recently I've been using dip and then gel on top) and I've been practicing my nail art recently. I wanted to share my most recent set which I'm super happy with!

19473983-3D9C-4036-AA34-37013231C2EC.jpeg
B4C4ABFC-ADE3-459F-8A63-2E15DB710861.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I don’t know why I’m even posting on this thread because I have never once in my life had my nails done 😂 But if something makes you feel good about yourself it’s worth a bit of extra money, like you said £30-40 is a meal out - don’t feel guilty to treat yourself every now and then:giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 14

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Thank you both, is it worth going just now or should I try and get them grown a bit first?
I’d go and get BIAB as that will kill two birds with one stone - helps them grow as well as evening out the ridges etc.

This thread makes me feel like a drug pusher except instead of drugs I’m pushing BIAB 🫠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

yankydoo

Chatty Member
Do most nail salons accept men? I have only had my nails tidied up once in a nail salon but they looked at me like I had two heads. So I feel awkward going in but my nails and cuticles really could do with some tidying.
I see men in my nail salon a lot. Sorry you got stared at! Just ignore them all. I think it's great for a man to look after his nails

Reactions: 10

queenamber

VIP Member
One month difference in my nails thanks to builder. My salon does builder as the base and then gel colours on top. My nails were literally broken stumps before 😫 They feel so much better and stronger already. Colours are OPI Lisbon Wants Moor (first pic) and OPI From Dusk til Dune (second pic) for anyone curious.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9

philopastry75

Oooh a nail thread! I went back to getting my nails done last some after years off. Pre kids (15 years ago!) I used to get acrylics, a good long square French or maybe American which was a less white tip.

My nails are prone to chipping with almost every gel product which is super annoying. I tried BIAB before Christmas to see if that stuck but that was even worse for some reason.

I had my nails redone today and went for a teal colour which I’m not sure about, I prefer neutrals especially in the winter.

There’s a nail tech on insta called the daily nail and I LOVE her stuff but I’m literally the other side of the country to her.https://www.instagram.com/thedailynailofficial/?hl=en

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I do my own gel and BIAB at home. I actually did a gel nail 1 day course so I’m qualified to do gel varnish but it’s easy to do at home. There’s loads of YouTube videos and even Instagram videos these days too. When I got mine done though I didn’t mind the cost, I feel hideous with ugly hands tbh so it’s worth it. Plus you think about it nails are generally the cheapest treatment compared to stuff like hair colouring, lashes, facials etc.

Reactions: 8