Your Nail Salon/Manicure Routine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got two greenies for the first time ever! I know it’s my own fault - I took my grown out extensions off for an event by myself and used press ons for a week but obviously didn’t do it flush to the nail bed and had space for moisture to get in.

It’s right at the tips of my index fingers, just wondering if anyone else has had it? How long did it take to grow out? I’ve bought an antibacterial nail solution and not wearing any polish on my very short nails which is helping but I can’t wait to get my lovely long nails back!!

Reactions: 1
I’ve got two greenies for the first time ever! I know it’s my own fault - I took my grown out extensions off for an event by myself and used press ons for a week but obviously didn’t do it flush to the nail bed and had space for moisture to get in.

It’s right at the tips of my index fingers, just wondering if anyone else has had it? How long did it take to grow out? I’ve bought an antibacterial nail solution and not wearing any polish on my very short nails which is helping but I can’t wait to get my lovely long nails back!!
I had this once ! It didn’t take long at all to go. Just a few weeks. You can still wear polish with it green and still get your nails done.
Unless your nail tech has said not to? But when I had mine i still got them done

My nails today 🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had this once ! It didn’t take long at all to go. Just a few weeks. You can still wear polish with it green and still get your nails done.
Unless your nail tech has said not to? But when I had mine i still got them done

My nails today 🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️
I’ve decided to not wear any so I can keep an eye on it, I can see some growth difference already (it’s about 3 weeks old)

Very nice nails

Hey! It's my nail appointment tomorrow.. and for once I can't decide what design to go for o_O Could you please help me pick from the below (with the first design, I'll probably go for a different colour, as blue isn't really me)

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg

Personally I love the neon tips for summer! The black tips look so chic but they would quickly remind me of dirty nails 🤣
I was thinking that too, ha! But I could get that design in a different colour. Loving neon atm too!

I did BIAB like was suggested on here and just had a fresh set and can’t believe how long my nails are now after 2 infills. I’m shocked!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi! So, I NEVER clip my nails anymore (I use a crystal file to shorten and shape them then a nail buffer to like, smooth out the free edge [NOT to buff my nails and make them shiny/smooth; only on the free edge lol])

I also do weekly at home manicures/nail care routines which consist of (in order):

• removing the polish that I currently have

• using a liquid cuticle remover (I use the blue cross brand) to push back/ remove my cuticles (but I try to not cut them with cuticle cutters; I use a orange/wooden cuticle stick) and then I wash my hands

• massaging nail oil all over my nails and cuticles (I'm currently using simplynailogical's diy jojoba/vitamin e oil mix) and letting that sit for about 10-15 minutes (until my skin absorbs it)

• then I use rubbing alcohol to clean the nail plate and remove excess oil that didnt get absorbed and then paint my nails normally: I use OPI's natural nail base coat (I put a little bit of minced garlic in it bc apparently, it makes your nails grow faster?), then whatever brand and color I want to wear that week, then top it off with Seche Vite Top Coat and more nail oil!

It takes me up to an hour to do this routine bc I like to take my time and make things perfect lol 😅 I also make sure that I have polish on my nails like 24/7!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yey it‘s beautiful!

In other news my shellac chipped after just 4 days :(
Is it actual Shellac by CND or just gel polish? If it’s real Shellac it doesn’t last on me either…no idea why that brand just comes straight off

Reactions: 2
t
Is it actual Shellac by CND or just gel polish? If it’s real Shellac it doesn’t last on me either…no idea why that brand just comes straight off
Good question I‘m not sure.
Went back today and they gave me a complete new manicure for free. Let‘s hope it sticks as I really like that place 🤞🏻
They did however ask me who did them originally and I couldn‘t remember her name for the life of me. Felt quite bad but hope they think I didn‘t want to throw the girl under the bus.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
What are the most affordable brands of nail polish that won’t chip for a long time?
Regular or gel?

For regular polish, Maybelline Superstay and Essie Gel Couture are my favourite. I can get 7+ days out of them. For gels/shellac, I like the OPI GelColour and CND Shellac.

Regular or gel?

For regular polish, Maybelline Superstay and Essie Gel Couture are my favourite. I can get 7+ days out of them. For gels/shellac, I like the OPI GelColour and CND Shellac.
I meant either tbh. Thanks for the recommendations ☺

Has anyone tried the Hailey Bieber chrome nails trend? Any chrome powders you recommend?