Your Nail Salon/Manicure Routine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you both, is it worth going just now or should I try and get them grown a bit first?
I’d go and get BIAB as that will kill two birds with one stone - helps them grow as well as evening out the ridges etc.

This thread makes me feel like a drug pusher except instead of drugs I’m pushing BIAB 🫠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Thanks.
I’d go and get BIAB as that will kill two birds with one stone - helps them grow as well as evening out the ridges etc.

This thread makes me feel like a drug pusher except instead of drugs I’m pushing BIAB 🫠
hahaha it’s a gateway to manicure addiction

Reactions: 2

Second this, it's amazing! Always had short, horrible bitten nails. Don't mean to toot my own horn here but my nails are looking amazing!

Reactions: 4
What is the difference between acrylic and BIAB? Is it gel just over your normal nails and is it more expensive, more upkeep?

I'm a serial nail biter but my nails are so thin and fragile.

I’m still on acrylics but I am leaning more towards biab eventually !! My nail girl said she will soak off mine ( I usually pull them off and get a full set ) and then they’ll be a nice length for BIAB when I get round to it

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Can we show each other our nails without outing ourselves? Lol

• Haha
Can we show each other our nails without outing ourselves? Lol
I always show my nails on another thread. I don’t think anyone will find out who you are. Post it in a spoiler id you’re worried. I’m actually getting my nails done at 12. I can’t wait 🤣🤣 it’s the highlight of my month. I’ll post them when they’re done.

Reactions: 3
What is the difference between acrylic and BIAB? Is it gel just over your normal nails and is it more expensive, more upkeep?

I'm a serial nail biter but my nails are so thin and fragile.
It’s gel over your normal nails. It’s less expensive for me.
My nails never grew long. No matter what they would break.
After the advice here I have been getting BIAB since June and my nails are so long now

It’s gel over your normal nails. It’s less expensive for me.
My nails never grew long. No matter what they would break.
After the advice here I have been getting BIAB since June and my nails are so long now
Thanks for this. I have infills every fortnight so would I be able to go longer in between appointments if I had this?

My nails are so boring because I basically just use The Gel Bottle in Teddy all the time. The most exotic I stretch to is a dark red or burgundy 😂 I did do a French mani style a while back but my nails are so long it was giving ‘teenager getting £25 acrylics in a Chinese chop shop’ 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My nails today❤✨🥰
😍 they’re pretty.

Sorry some questions on BIAB

How long does it last between treatments?
is it easy to do it for a period, say a few months until your nails are a bit stronger then switch to gel?

I’ve found some salons who do it, the lady I usually go to for other stuff doesn’t seem to do it though so I would feel quite bad going to someone else. She only seems to do gel and IBX.

Thanks for this. I have infills every fortnight so would I be able to go longer in between appointments if I had this?
I do my own nails: BIAB, colour, then top coat. Lasts about 3 weeks if I let it. Super easy to infill myself - I file off the top coat & colour, file back the BIAB, shape the free edge, prep the nail and apply fresh everything.
You apply BIAB just like a polish - if you can handle that, maybe you can try doing this yourself? I'd absolutely begrudge paying for BIAB/ gels these days.

My top tip to anyone who wants to stretch the time you make your nails last: ombre! I blend a colour from the free edge downwards, around a third of the nail, leaving the rest "nude" (just BIAB), then add a topcoat. You get all the joy of having your nails did with none of the obvious growth you get from a solid colour. 👌

I do my own nails: BIAB, colour, then top coat. Lasts about 3 weeks if I let it. Super easy to infill myself - I file off the top coat & colour, file back the BIAB, shape the free edge, prep the nail and apply fresh everything.
You apply BIAB just like a polish - if you can handle that, maybe you can try doing this yourself? I'd absolutely begrudge paying for BIAB/ gels these days.

My top tip to anyone who wants to stretch the time you make your nails last: ombre! I blend a colour from the free edge downwards, around a third of the nail, leaving the rest "nude" (just BIAB), then add a topcoat. You get all the joy of having your nails did with none of the obvious growth you get from a solid colour. 👌
Which brand of BIAB are you using at home? I usually do my gels at home but haven't found a decent home-use BIAB yet.

😍 they’re pretty.

Sorry some questions on BIAB

How long does it last between treatments?
is it easy to do it for a period, say a few months until your nails are a bit stronger then switch to gel?
Mine go 2 weeks - they grow so fast with BIAB and I hate the look of the growth. I would never take it off now tbh, even if I only used one coat for a little extra strength (with The Gel Bottle you don’t need a base coat with most of their BIABs, only the clear one which I don’t use)

Which brand of BIAB are you using at home? I usually do my gels at home but haven't found a decent home-use BIAB yet.
I've really enjoyed the clear Mylee one, and see it reviewed pretty positively. I've had my bottle for exactly 6 months and I reckon I'll get another 3 out of it. Love that I don't need a base with it. Absolutely zero complaints from me! Gonna get the pink one as well.
Amazon product

• Heart
Can anyone recommend a cuticle remover gel/liquid?

I'd always assumed that they were an unnecessary step or something, but my cuticles are in an absolutely shocking state just now, I think it's worth a go?

I use a fairly generic cuticle oil pen (when I remember 🙄) and Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream which I'm pretty happy with, but if you've tried something truly amazing on your cuticles, please share!

Also, has anyone experienced an overgrown hyponychium? Apparently it's usually due to keeping your nails long (I haven't had short or bare nails for 2+years). I'd been gently pushing them down for a while and they've now receeded, but not before drying up and peeling off in a super ugly way! That's something I'll be keeping on top of now!