Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Felix08

Chatty Member
Horses
Heights/bridges
Floors in a swimming pool 🤢

Deep sea freaks me out! Cant even do like Google streetview and zoom in in the water

• Haha
Reactions: 2

marjan

Chatty Member
Mosquitos and heavy rain!

Got super allergic reactions to mosquito bites in Italy and I had to take heavy meds for it haha so every time I hear the slightest buzz I freak out...
When I have to cycle through heavy rain/a storm I have anxiety attacks. Not sure where this came from but it results in me arriving at my destination fully in tears and super upset :(

• Sad

Ab Fab

Going to the loo on a plane, The noise it makes when you flush it and Im Scared what would happen if I get locked in

Milktray

VIP Member
My ex boyfriend left live maggots in my
Fridge once that he planned on using as fish bait, he didn’t put the lid on properly to the tub and I woke up the next day to my fridge full of maggots having a party 🤢
Oh my God, I used to have a fear of maggots...
It was after watching an episode of Grange Hill (in the 80s), where they put maggots on someones chips...couldn't look at chips for months after watching that. 🤢🤮
Just about managed to get over it, then Grange Hill did it again...only it was maggots on a sandwich.

And now thinking about it, I've probably re-triggered that fear.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Octopuses. Everything about them. The dopey looking eyes, the suckers, the creepy parrot like beak. The fact they can wriggle through the tiniest hole and very intelligent. Thankfully I’ve never seen one in real life and hopefully I never will.
I’m the same, I feel sick when I see their heads flowing/changing shape in the water, plus their tentacles with those circular sucker pad things. I cannot look at images of them for long without gagging. Same with snakes. I also can’t stand worms. I don’t know if it’s because they all coil and writhe about or what, but it proper makes me feel sick. When i see footage of them on a documentary or whatever. I’d much rather watch a video of a shark.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I haven't read the whole thread, but I suddenly feel more sane realising I'm not alone with my thoughts. My main ones
- that I've hit someone with my car and not realised
!!!! - i had this so badly that i went to my gp about it. around ten years or so ago i bumped a kerb with the back wheel of my car while parking and convinced myself i’d hit a cyclist (why a cyclist who knows? 🤣) to the point that i was checking local news etc to see if anyone had reported anything.

it’s actually a form of ocd (called “hit and run ocd”) and effects a lot of people, if that gives you any reassurance 💙 i’ve gotten better with it, and with controlling the intrusive thoughts side of my ocd, over time but it sometimes still crops up.

• Heart

Laughingforlife

VIP Member
I hate creepy plants, especially those that grow spiral-shaped tendrils that wrap around anything in their way.....urrrgh.

I've got a houseplant that moves after I've watered it. The leaves will suddenly wave around slightly, like they're stretching out after a sleep? It really freaks me out when I see it 😱
I hate trees that have what look like roots growing around the trunk. When I was little I called them "creepy trees"! 😂

Souffle

Chatty Member
someone touching my belly button, don't enjoy touching others as well
This! I’m settled down now but in the past whenever I had a new partner and we’d talk about our boundaries I’d say there’s absolutely no going anywhere near my belly button. No touching, no kissing, nothing!

I’m always fiddling with my boyfriend’s belly button though 😂

• Haha

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
not quite the same but every so often, usually at 2am, i will sit bolt upright in bed and think WHERE ARE MY A-LEVEL CERTIFICATES?!?!

i’m 36, i haven’t needed to show my certificates to anyone for about 15 years, but apparently i have a terrible fear of losing them and needing to produce them for something urgent 🤣
I needed my GCSE certificates for a qualification I was sitting a few years ago. I had just moved house and they were gone 😱 I ended up having to re sit 3 in 2 weeks at 34 with a sleep hating toddler, sleep with them under your pillow !!

Escalators, up fine, down = swirly tum.

• Wow
Reactions: 1

holliebollie

Chatty Member
I’ve always been scared of my car floor collapsing while I’m driving, so I will fall through the bottom as I’m doing 60 miles an hour. Not even sure where it’s come from but every time I drive fast, I have the thought go through my head that it’ll be like a reverse ejector seat. @emmer_moans that sounds like you are catastrophising- one of the 9 main distorted thought patterns. You immediately go to the worst case scenario. google catastrophising/catastrophic thinking/thinking traps/distorted thinking and you’ll find some helpful stuff!

• Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Those rabies posters at the airport in the 80s and 90s. They made me so paranoid when I was on holiday in Spain as a child - I would run a mile if a stray dog approached me!

Screenshot_20221214_072859.jpg

Screenshot_20221214_072841.jpg

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
Pigeons and my mums mash! I can’t go near pigeons and I get really anxious if their flying above me!

whenever my Mum says she’s making something with mash I get a sweat on and have to make sure about 20 times she’s not giving me any!!! I’m traumatised after how bad it was when I was younger 🤣
Pigeons for me, too. I'm so scared, I have to cross the road sometimes if they're near me. I'm fine with other birds though!

I have a massive massive phobia of spider webs and also mould. If I see a spider web or anything mouldy, I will scream like a banshee and have a pure panic attack. I cannot stand either of them. I have no idea why I have such a phobia of either of these but I am so petrified of them. Just typing this gives me goosebumps.