Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

My2pWorth

VIP Member
Every time I approach a pedestrian crossing I automatically tell myself not to lean forward incase a vehicle goes past and cuts my head off. I am fine at the side of any road, just crossings. Think I've watched a mixture of too many horror films 🥴

Reactions: 1

Boadicea1

Choking to death ... I seem to have trouble digesting an ever-increasing list of foods, and several times throughout my life I've thought, "This is it!" while I've rushed to stick my fingers in my mouth to try and retrieve the stuck object.
Same here.

I had a bad experience once and now have a big issue when it comes to eating. I am quite thorough now with chewing and overdo it massively. It's become a bit of a problem actually and I definitely should see somebody about it.

I’m sharing too much here but I’ve had the most awful stomach bug since Thursday. Desperately wanting to be better again but glad it’s just bottom end and not me being sick. I hate it.
Hope you get better soon. This is my idea of actual hell. I sometimes say I’d rather get hit by a bus than throw up and as dramatic as that is, it’s how I feel. Glad you only got the bottom end 🤣
Sounds like it could be a food poisoning/bacterial thing if it’s been going on that long. I had campylobacter once and that was deathly.

(sorry everyone for hijacking the post with grossness)

Milktray

VIP Member
Frogs 🐸 Hate everything about them. They are so unpredictable, jumping around. I'm convinced they are gonna leap up and strangle me with their little webby fingers!
Came here to say this 😳
Quite literally terrified of them. Wet evenings are the worse. You think it's a leaf until you realise it's not.

Fish when they aren't in water. (No I don't eat them either!)
And also this. Only because I had a goldfish when I was younger which jumped out it's tank in the middle of the night. I stood on it. Now I can cope when I see open tanks/ponds with dish jumping everywhere.

I just don't think I like unpredictable movement, because I'm scared of moths too. Give me a spider any day.

• Wow

hehehe

VIP Member
I don't fly anymore, but such is my fear of flying that whenever a family member takes a flight I see them off with full acceptance in my mind that the plane will go down and I'll never see them again ... until they contact me to let me know they've landed safely. It's terrible and it consumes me.

• Sad

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Horses
Heights/bridges
Floors in a swimming pool 🤢

Deep sea freaks me out! Cant even do like Google streetview and zoom in in the water
I used to stick my fingers in the drain on the floor of my local swimming pool when I was younger 😅.

Mine is getting sucked into an aeroplane toilet if I flushed while still sitting on it.

• Wow

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
Are you OK? I'm up for a little bit if you want to chat to distract you?
I have two small rodents you'd hate 😆. Rats!
What animals do you prefer? Are you a cat or dog person or both or neither?
Thank you, that’s why I’m on here scrolling rather than Facebook. My best friend is a storm lover, completely opposite to me.

haha yes rats! I’ve heard they are fantastic pets etc but there’s just something about all small furrys that I can’t do! I often have the same nightmare that my feet are being bitten by them, although usually ferrets!

I’m a dog person, although never owned one! I had a cat for 18 years from childhood, I was so sad when she had to be put to sleep and I’ve never been able to get another, she really was one of a kind. I worry I’d feel the same with a dog.

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
Driving along in summer with the windows down and a bird flying through the car. Before I got a car with AC I would be very warm driving anywhere in summer due to the fear of opening the window.
I’m like this, but with wasps & bees. I was driving out a car park once and heard a “buzzz” in my ear… I slammed the car onto the spaces bit, ripped on the brake and virtually barrel rolled out my car door 😂😂

Sea

VIP Member
I will beep when leaving the shop when I know I've paid.
If I buy something from the supermarket that always beeps specifically clothes/homeware I tell the security guard that I'm going to beep on my way out. I then smugly glide through the alarms knowing "I'm alright I've paid and I've got security guards blessing"😆
*of ourse I'm being probably being judged by fellow shoppers not only thinking I'm a thief but a smug gliding thief at that🤣

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
People touching my knees, I have no idea why but as soon as someone touches my knee I have to move or shake their hand off, it makes me so uncomfortable

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
It is creepy at night and we have creaky floorboards that creak when they feel like it I used to work late shift till 11pm and my hubby hated being in the house alone.
It also doesn't help that our neighbour wears a boiler suite out in the garden alot micheal myers style 😆
Jesus! That wouldn’t half get my imagination going! 🤣

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I've had a fear for years of being away from home, coming back and finding we can't get in, someone else is living there and we can't get them out. I refused to watch that recent ITV series 'Our House', too triggering.

I'm scared of birds especially chickens, I run like crazy if one comes up to me. But my really irrational fear are empty birds nests that we find in our hedges. I run in get my husband to remove them. They are so creepy. If I find a dead bird in the garden I give a bit of a scream and I run in the house. Frogs also make me scream and hand flap and I can't go in the garden for a few days 🙄

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I really wish this was irrational but unfortunately in this world it's a actually super rational and makes total sense to be so afraid 💞 I completely understand, I've had some scary moments!
Totally rational but sometimes I get so so scared. I was walking today and a man was on the phone and he started walking towards me and speaking, and I nearly jumped out of my skin. But he was just pacing…

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Balloons. Cannot stand them and once passed out after a panic attack when someone was selling them from a whole bunch of helium balloons.

If I get invited to any sort of party, I don't go if balloons are going to be there. The sight of them starts off sweaty hands and rapid breathing.

People dressed as animals. Same as balloons, sweaty hands and panic attacks especially when they head straight for you.

And I check my husband and son are breathing around 4 times a night too and will nudge them if I can't hear or feel anything.
The balloons is unusual! Do you have any idea where it stems from?

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Squirrels!! When I was a teenager on hol a squirrel bit a girls toe and her jelly shoe filled with the blood and it made me faint. Have a panic whenever I see one now that it'll bite my toe.

And people pretending to be statues freak me out, I have to walk as far away from them as possible

Upintheair83

VIP Member
thank you 💙

and you’re exactly right. when i tell people i have ocd they automatically assume i’m super clean and have lots of routines before leaving the house etc, but i always try to explain it people like it’s obsessive compulsive - the compulsions are the cleaning, the routines and the obsessions are the intrusive thoughts. a lot of people, like me, have one but not the other. there’s so many layers to it that people just don’t realise.
I think I may have this. Thanks it's making me wonder if I should see someone about it

Thank you, that’s why I’m on here scrolling rather than Facebook. My best friend is a storm lover, completely opposite to me.

haha yes rats! I’ve heard they are fantastic pets etc but there’s just something about all small furrys that I can’t do! I often have the same nightmare that my feet are being bitten by them, although usually ferrets!

I’m a dog person, although never owned one! I had a cat for 18 years from childhood, I was so sad when she had to be put to sleep and I’ve never been able to get another, she really was one of a kind. I worry I’d feel the same with a dog.
You may feel the same about a dog but there is hope! My mum is similar. She sort of accidentally procured her last dog from me. Our family dog (we'd had her since I was a child) died and she bonded with my dog whilst being adamant she'd never have another. In the end I let them be together. They had some wonderful years until she died (the dog not my mother). Now my mum is struggling to commit to a new dog whilst regularly borrowing my brother's dog. There's no way she will get custody rights there though haha.
Ultimately I think if you're meant to have a pet then the opportunity will create itself. Be that accidentally or by your own choosing.