Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Throwing up. Not a day goes by where I don’t get major anxiety that I could catch an evil virus that could make me sick. Life destroying. Wish I could just be scared of buttons or something.

Reactions: 3

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
The sound of liquid being poured in to a glass. Hair.
Standing on a snail.
Falling over.
Revels (the chocolates)- I don’t like the jeopardy.

Reactions: 3

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I thought pigeons were usually too scared of people to come close to them but the other day I was sitting cross legged on a bench in a park and one came up to me and flew onto my ankle and started flapping. New fear unlocked.

Reactions: 2

Mrspowell

VIP Member
Bare feet, on a wooden floor whilst sitting on a chair. I get this horrendous fear of my feet getting under a leg with someone on the chair crushing my feet. I get really hysterical about it and sometimes make people wear shoes at the table 😂🙈

mozzarellagirl

VIP Member
Casualty put me off trains for a long time after I watched an episode where the train derailed and a woman (think it was Anna but it was about 20 years ago and I have never dared to watch that ep again) lost her legs. I was also only about 7-8 years old and it was probably the first time I saw something that graphic so it really stuck with me.

Begged my mum for ages to let me stay up and watch casualty as well but that ep caused me so much trauma.
I remember in holby city (?) when Tess (?) got impailed by a pole. Fell backwards onto it and it went through her stomach... my 9 year old self was traumatised.

• Sad

unidentified

VIP Member
Ughhh I can’t cope with touching my eyes at all! I had a contact lens lesson once and i spent 45 mins getting the lens near my eye but I just couldn’t do it. The spec savers lady was laughing at me so much, I just couldn’t do it! I had to give up
Haha! Completely get this. The opticians is hell for me. Give me the dentist any day. I can’t cope with an eye test very well and constantly move away when they come near me. I couldn’t entertain the idea of contacts

FoksiOska

VIP Member
Only because I had a goldfish when I was younger which jumped out it's tank in the middle of the night. I stood on it
Oh my goodness 😐 I also had a goldfish that flipped out of its bowl. Why do they do that 😂 thankfully mine did it in the day so i saw it and put it back in.

I absolutely cannot stand the feeling of sponge (bath sponges). It makes my skin crawl 🤮 even typing that out has made me itch 🤢

• Wow

Elles20

VIP Member
Birds. I always pretend that I am ok walking past pigeons but I really am petrified inside.

Also berries like raspberries, blackberries...any berries that are a clutter of berries 🤢

Zenchick101

VIP Member
This! I’m settled down now but in the past whenever I had a new partner and we’d talk about our boundaries I’d say there’s absolutely no going anywhere near my belly button. No touching, no kissing, nothing!

I’m always fiddling with my boyfriend’s belly button though 😂
my ex used to lick it to annoy me

• Sick
  • Sad

Curly

VIP Member
Stairs, throughout the day if I am upstairs I go over and over in my head how I am going to walk down the stairs. I have never fallen down the stairs but I have a constant fear I will fall and die 🙈

mochibean

VIP Member
Ladders in swimming pools. Not irrational I know this stems from an episode of I think casualty where someone slipped on one and snapped their leg in two but know I panic seeing anyone use them and can’t use them myself at all. I’d rather look like a seal trying to push myself up on to the side.
Casualty put me off trains for a long time after I watched an episode where the train derailed and a woman (think it was Anna but it was about 20 years ago and I have never dared to watch that ep again) lost her legs. I was also only about 7-8 years old and it was probably the first time I saw something that graphic so it really stuck with me.

Begged my mum for ages to let me stay up and watch casualty as well but that ep caused me so much trauma.

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Feet…. Feet being cut in water. I have to check my feet for cuts before I go in the shower, bath, swimming pool!
never actually cut my feet but had the fear since I was a child

Jaceydooley

The wind. When it’s so noisy and I can’t hear what’s behind me, or I feel like I’m getting blown over 😂

hehehe

VIP Member
I’ll be in bed at night and I’ll hang my leg out the duvet over the edge of the bed and something in my brain tells me a hand is going to grab my leg from underneath the bed. So I have to quickly put my leg back under the cover 🤣
Same here - as a kid and till this day I can't bear to have even my toes sticking out from under the blanket for precisely this reason.

Milktray

VIP Member
I’m sorry but I would’ve died laughing if I witnessed that 😂

Would’ve been a different story tho if I was the woman. 😥

Another one for me: moths. I’m terrified of them ever since one got stuck to the back of my jumper when I was about 6 or 7 and my mum locked me out of the house screaming. Traumatised!
Same as me...I can't have any windows/doors open at night time during the summer with fear that they'll come fluttering in.
I'm pretty much the same with butterflies, I just can't do unpredictable movement.

Another thing, is turbulence. Flying is not the issue. I know the plane is safe. I actually enjoy flying (in smooth conditions) I'm ok with all that...but I fear turbulence. It's unpredictable and there's something about being chucked about at 38000ft that is unnerving.

Last edited:
  • Heart