Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wafflesnwings

VIP Member
Moths - once many years ago I was walking home from work in the early evening. It was dark, I felt a bit stressed and so I let out a massive sigh and as I deeply breathed back in, a large moth had the audacity to fly into my mouth. It freaked me out so much that I couldn't breathe for a split second and nearly cried. I changed my route home and I've never done deep breathing like that again in public :confused: . I still feel grossed out whenever I see the road it happened on.
Another one is my fear of dying in the bathtub, because I will be found naked by my loved ones and the paramedics

• Wow
Reactions: 1

Loveit17

Jumping into swimming pools, I’ll happily get into one but I’ll never jump (nothing has ever happened to me in a pool either so it’s weird)

More intrusive thoughts than fear but anytime Im chopping anything with a sharp knife I want to just chop a finger off.

Or pour the kettle onto my arm

😬
I also have this one when I’m pouring tea!

Last edited:

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Insects/bugs. I’m not that bothered about spiders but insects and bugs really freak me out. Sometimes when I lie in bed trying to sleep the thought comes over me that there’s bugs and insects all over my room and bed that are gonna climb all over me 😅 then I get dead paranoid and itchy and can’t sleep. If I see a bug anywhere in the house I freak the fuck out

losing my teeth. I’m so paranoid about my teeth falling out. I obsessively look at my teeth at least over 5 times a day. Proper inspect each one of them 😬

TaylorMomsen

Chatty Member
That when I park my car over the drive way, the two cars in the drive way are suddenly going to start moving forward and I take the faces off them 🥴

Ceelea

Chatty Member
I had a dream where I was on a team quiz show and my colleagues kept giving inane responses while I knew the correct answer. For some reason I was bound and gagged and could only make muffled frustrated noises.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I live in London and I have an irrational fear of someone pushing me on to the tracks as a tube is pulling into the station. I do my best not to stand on the edge of the platform where someone can get behind me, on my seriously anxious days I stand with my back pressed to the wall unless the tube has arrived. If I ever have to stand close to the edge for any reason I’m checking left to right constantly to check that no one is behind me.

I feel so stupid writing this out but I can’t be the only one?! I think it all stems from a story I read a few years ago of someone randomly attacking a stranger on a tube platform and pushing them on to the tracks, there was a video of it too :(
As a child this was my waking nightmare, but with trains not tubes

Pinkpascal

Chatty Member
Dust. That sort of thick, carpety dust you get on the top of a wardrobe you haven't looked at for years. Always scared the bejesus out of me for some reason.
Also terrified of maggots, dead things, heights (especially ladders), tadpoles, and the dark (I can cope with the dark if I try hard).
Lots of scary shit out there 😳 😰 xx
OMG!! I thought I was the only person terrified of maggots. Just the thought of them makes me want to hurl. I can't even say the word outloud.

Another one is going for a repeat smear test at the hospital and the fire alarm going off while my legs are in stirrups and being left there.

• Heart

Morleybbz

I’m like this, but with wasps & bees. I was driving out a car park once and heard a “buzzz” in my ear… I slammed the car onto the spaces bit, ripped on the brake and virtually barrel rolled out my car door 😂😂
I've had a moth attack me mid drive, it just rose up out of nowhere and went for my face 😭 luckily it was a straight bit of road with no other traffic!

• Wow

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
I also have this weird fear about hitting a brick when I’m driving…

Also have nightmares that a plague of wasps will invade my bedroom in the night in summer…

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
Whales I am absolutely petrified of whales!! But what are the chances of seeing a whale in Nottingham, UK
I know I shouldn't laugh, but 😂😂😂
My mate has always hated tortoises. I never knew why, she's a real animal lover and it just seemed a weird thing to dislike? I finally found out recently, during a phone conversation, that she's scared of what they look like "without the shell on" 😱😂

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
Rodents, all of them, even hamsters. Can’t walk passed them in a pet shop.
Thunder and lightning which is going on right now and I’m sat with my sons ear defenders on and bright torches so I can’t see or hear it. My fear is so bad I have super thick curtains and blinds on every window and outside door too so I don’t see it.

• Heart

TokenBlinkie

Helicopters.
I hate how I can hear the sound of them in my chest, and im always frightened of them crashing onto me or taking me away.

That probably doesn't make sense to normal people, but to me, when a helicopter approaches and flies overhead, I can feel the sound thumping inside of my body.

I always have to hide quickly, preferably somewhere there are no windows, so that the helicopter cannot see me. If there are no windows, I have to crouch in a ball to make myself as small as possible, which also makes me frightened to go outside incase a helicopter flies nearby.

I try my best to only go to two places, Home and Work (I know all the best places at my workplace that dont have any windows), and if I need to go to the shops I will only go to those with no windows, and they have to be in no more than a distance that I know I can get back home or to work quickly, because I start to cry and panic pretty soon after hearing the rotors or engine.

Sickofthissh1t

Chatty Member
Balloons. Cannot stand them and once passed out after a panic attack when someone was selling them from a whole bunch of helium balloons.
I can so resonate with you here. Absolutely terrified of them!! Have never had a bad experience as a child with them, I'm not sure where it stemmed from! Hate!!

Curly Top

VIP Member
Feel paralysed with fear looking down from a very tall building. It makes me feel really ill.

Always worry in the gym lifting weights lying down that I will drop one on my face and smash my front teeth.

I totally get the fear looking into a mirror or window late at night and potentially seeing another person behind me.

Hate being a passenger in the back seat of a car without a door. I am convinced if there is a crash I will be unable to exit.

Cannot sit in a plane by the window. Huge fear of being stuck there if the others fall asleep.

Cannot sit in the very back/boot of a car with a hatchback - sometimes when we were children we would be put there. Would give me real palpitations.

Sometimes wake up in a sweat terrified of having to do an exam - especially in a language I don't know at all.

Prognosis Negative

Moths - once many years ago I was walking home from work in the early evening. It was dark, I felt a bit stressed and so I let out a massive sigh and as I deeply breathed back in, a large moth had the audacity to fly into my mouth. It freaked me out so much that I couldn't breathe for a split second and nearly cried. I changed my route home and I've never done deep breathing like that again in public :confused: . I still feel grossed out whenever I see the road it happened on.
Another one is my fear of dying in the bathtub, because I will be found naked by my loved ones and the paramedics
OMG a this has happened to me also- I was already afraid of moths and butterflies so it was fucking horrifying🤢

• Sad