Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #4 "Ancestral" Woman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She might only be on her phone for 2-3h a day (which I still don't believe, she's got a death grip on her phone), but mentally she's online 24h a day
What happened to mindfulness and being present in the moment?
Poor Lea always getting filmed, that must feel so strange
That kid will only remember that her mother constantly filmed her throughout her childhood when she grows up. The same thing will happen to the other one.
They will remember how emotionally unavailable their mother was because she was constantly behind a smartphone. Even in their saddest moments like dying pets.
What a fantastic ancestral example she’s showing to her kids.. not.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Back to Lea being some bleeping spiritual guru. She's 6. 6 years old! It's called the 'naivety of youth'!
Screenshot_20230721_185358_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 9
She put a secretary from one of the old "ghost" houses on her farm in her house. Is swedish mold better than aruban mold? Because this furniture screams mold! But I guess the mold drama is over because she has enough other drama created 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Back to Lea being some bleeping spiritual guru. She's 6. 6 years old! It's called the 'naivety of youth'!
View attachment 2323969
Yep. It's her innocence and also just the fact that she probably can't fully comprehend the concept of mortality at the ripe old age of six. And with all the stuff Rachel has no doubt told her, she's probably also got very weird ideas.

Reactions: 8
Ah, apparently Lea has chickenpox. No mention of calling a doctor for advice or anything.

1. She has probably consulted Doctors and won’t share that information. After all everybody knows she can lie effortlessly.

2. If or when she chooses to use conventional medicine she will blame it on someone in her family forcing her or without her consent.

3. She admits to using google as her information source, which is coming from the “evil” medical system. Not ancestral at all.

4. Google is full of misinformation, you can google anything and get conflicting answers or ones that fit will fit your narrative.

5. Her doubling down on the “evil” medical system has backed her into a corner but she would never admit to being wrong. I hope for the sake of her newborn she chooses not to roll the dice again and put her babies health before her ego.
E4698973-A9CA-437F-A37D-FAA019B64DBD.jpeg
FDC9924D-5FA8-4671-860D-DE87B603EF37.jpeg
BB977E55-C58E-4F41-8E9F-91C62163D4D5.jpeg

Reactions: 6
I genuinely don't care if she consults a doctor or not, I feel for her children who will suffer from her idiotic decisions so I actually hope she does consult medical advice from an actual expert.

To me, it's completely moot that she can lie and that she is likely lying about not seeing doctors. What I care about is the message she sends to her 1.9 million followers, especially the uneducated and naive ones who won't question what she says and to them it looks like she's really not consulting a health professional. That was my point, not that I actually believe she's foregoing medical care. That's irrelevant to me.

ETA: or not irrelevant but like secondary hahaha. Her hipocrisy is well documented. My concern is how much harm she can cause from stuff she just ignorantly spouts.

Also, hope little Finn doesn't catch chickenpox. It definitely sounds serious for such a young baby.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
So she called a vet for her dog but won’t call a doctor for her two young children who have potentially been exposed to a serious illness? I wonder if she has any opinion on the evil veterinarian medical system..

Also what’s with posting selfies like these when she invites questions… so weird

IMG_4977.png

---
That kid will only remember that her mother constantly filmed her throughout her childhood when she grows up. The same thing will happen to the other one.
They will remember how emotionally unavailable their mother was because she was constantly behind a smartphone. Even in their saddest moments like dying pets.
What a fantastic ancestral example she’s showing to her kids.. not.
i think about it all the time, the kids are only going to remember watching their mom standing off in the other room, talking into her phone recording herself. Their mom walking through life with her phone constantly at the ready, recording EVERYTHING. She seriously must record either herself or her surroundings the majority of every single day. Her trying to make it seem like she’s only online two/three hours a day is total bull, she’s constantly posting to her story

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
So she called a vet for her dog but won’t call a doctor for her two young children who have potentially been exposed to a serious illness? I wonder if she has any opinion on the evil veterinarian medical system..
If I recall, she was going to the vet on a regular basis to give the dog a shot of steroids or something like that for the pain. I guess her pets don’t deserve her hippy dippy herbal tinctures and can have sub-par modern medicine. She makes no sense.

So now, she does trust modern medicine? She's baffling. Why is she pestering doctors with something that can be cured with pigeon tears or whatever she expertly prescribes?
Screenshot_20230723_132231_Instagram.jpg

Also, I know this is soooo nasty and petty and not appropriate, but that baby is weird looking. Soz.

Reactions: 10
So now, she does trust modern medicine? She's baffling. Why is she pestering doctors with something that can be cured with pigeon tears or whatever she expertly prescribes?View attachment 2327493
Also, I know this is soooo nasty and petty and not appropriate, but that baby is weird looking. Soz.
I mean I'm glad she apparently provides her with proper health care (and publically talking about it) but now we can be certain that she's lying about how much health care she's utilizes.

No one can tell me that she consulted a doctor TWICE for something mundane like chicken pox even though Lea seems in great health, but never saw a doctor during her pregnancy and never had a pediatrician see Finneas. She claimed that she would only see a doctor if her intuition told her to and if it was an emergency. Chicken pox is hardly an emergency (don't get me wrong though, I'm glad she consulted a doctor)

She's a liar and I think she's got short term memory loss. She never remembers what she preaches and claimes

Also her anxiety surrounding health related topics is far too strong to not see a doctor

Reactions: 16
Who is her audience/target market,? Who actually follows her and believes any of what she is saying? Who watches her stories and learns anything? It's absolutely fascinating that she keeps going.

Her stories today, filming her face, walking to her lake, on her land, to have a dip. Who relates to this? Surely no-one. And to everyone else, she's a narcissistic privileged white girl. Nothing she says or does is useful or relatable and for me, epitomizes the dangers of social media.

Who is her audience/target market,? Who actually follows her and believes any of what she is saying? Who watches her stories and learns anything? It's absolutely fascinating that she keeps going.

Her stories today, filming her face, walking to her lake, on her land, to have a dip. Who relates to this? Surely no-one. And to everyone else, she's a narcissistic privileged white girl. Nothing she says or does is useful or relatable and for me, epitomizes the dangers of social media.

Totally agree.

I came full circle with Rachel. I was a naive fan of hers in the yoga days and even regretfully supported it.

I was engaged when I watched her scam people, create drama and lie constantly. I became infuriated with her exploitation of yoga and good hearted people.

Her Drama, bad relationships and desperately needing attention eventually made me see she appears extremely mentally ill and is a textbook narcissist.

Now I’ve see who she really is, It’s sad to watch her desperately trying to stay relevant. Every thing she posts from her phone is a projection and once you understand this it’s clearly easy to see.

I had to vent and now I can let it go. Personally I’m done watching her Instagrams and tattling.

I’m sure people there’s lot of people like me who finally get it and just don’t care about her anymore….

It’s the beginning of the end of Yoga_Girl. ✌

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Totally agree.

I came full circle with Rachel. I was a naive fan of hers in the yoga days and even regretfully supported it.

I was engaged when I watched her scam people, create drama and lie constantly. I became infuriated with her exploitation of yoga and good hearted people.

Her Drama, bad relationships and desperately needing attention eventually made me see she appears extremely mentally ill and is a textbook narcissist.

Now I’ve see who she really is, It’s sad to watch her desperately trying to stay relevant. Every thing she posts from her phone is a projection and once you understand this it’s clearly easy to see.

I had to vent and now I can let it go. Personally I’m done watching her Instagrams and tattling.

I’m sure people there’s lot of people like me who finally get it and just don’t care about her anymore….

It’s the beginning of the end of Yoga_Girl. ✌
She’s a very effective manipulator; I think a lot of us here used to like her. I bought her first book (pretty pictures!…not much else) and subbed to her yoga platform for a few months. There was always something about her that made me feel uneasy, though. And little things bugged me, like that she charged so much for what was essentially just a yoga class, which is why I didn’t go when she came to the city I lived in. I remember she also recruited local teachers to come assist for her for apparently little to no pay. She seemed to pull that move a lot, exploiting people who were excited to work with/for her.

Her self-obsession was always evident, but then she would talk about things like she truly cared about them and seemed to be trying to do good things in her community. But then the longer her projects went, the less and less she seemed to be involved, and then they all seemed to start falling apart after a while. Now it’s so obvious she would do these things for as long as she could draw attention and praise for them and then lose interest when that started to taper off.

In retrospect she has always been a grifter with narcissistic tendencies, but such people are often gifted at what they do. There are more people like her around us whom everyone adores. Maybe the cult of yoga girl is now starting to crumble though.

I find it completely bizarre that someone can go from being a passionate vegan with so much care for animals to joking about their “corpse freezer”. To be clear, while I’m plant based mostly for ethical reasons, I usually don’t particularly judge anyone else for what they choose. Rachel just flabbergasts me as someone who claimed to have so much empathy and kindness towards animals.

I find it completely bizarre that someone can go from being a passionate vegan with so much care for animals to joking about their “corpse freezer”. To be clear, while I’m plant based mostly for ethical reasons, I usually don’t particularly judge anyone else for what they choose. Rachel just flabbergasts me as someone who claimed to have so much empathy and kindness towards animals.
I remember her saying she explained it to Lea as “we love animals so much it would be wrong to eat them”.

Reactions: 6
One of the many many things that bother me is that she still uses the yoga girl username. I haven’t seen yoga in god knows how long. Where is the yoga practice? The principles? Where is she living her life in example of them? It turns my stomach inside out that a practice and belief system it envelopes can be drug through the mud and twisted and used against people showing the very hypocritical person she is. As a yoga instructor myself, I’m disheartened. I used to follow her so much and it’s just a dumpster fire on wheels. No yoga mat in sight. No giving back to her community, no volunteering(except unsolicited “medical advice”), no KINDNESS. Spreading so much hatred for peoples believes…. Whether food, medicine, lifestyle etc it’s like a new discrimination she’s invented. It’s all so un-yogic. Very unsure of her following, most I anticipate is just to watch the dumpster fire burn.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.