Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #4 "Ancestral" Woman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, maybe she just has bad luck or maybe SHE is bad luck, but for someone who isn't living in a poor country or in war, she is around so much death. I can't think of anyone very close to me that has died besides my grandparents and one cousin over a decade ago. Sure, I have had classmates pass away but not my best friend or my sister in law. But she's just constantly around death.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I also find it a little odd that her mom just a few days ago was getting some flack for posting a dead (or close to death) person and *also* said literally the same thing about how life has been full of life and death lately. So when I saw Rachel’s post with all of them sitting around quila, it felt very performative. What a gross photo. And who says “hey I know, grab an overhead shot of all of us mourning real quick”. For the gram. Ugh.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I also find it a little odd that her mom just a few days ago was getting some flack for posting a dead (or close to death) person and *also* said literally the same thing about how life has been full of life and death lately. So when I saw Rachel’s post with all of them sitting around quila, it felt very performative. What a gross photo. And who says “hey I know, grab an overhead shot of all of us mourning real quick”. For the gram. Ugh.
I don't use this word lightly, she's insane. It truly is the behavior of someone who isn't right in the head.

Reactions: 7
She also seems to have got over the death of Dennis’ sister. I wonder how he’s coping with that on top of trying to find his feet in Sweden. Maybe he has Stockholm syndrome #rubbishswedishjoke

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't use this word lightly, she's insane. It truly is the behavior of someone who isn't right in the head.
It’s truly disgusting. These influencers don’t know how to keep anything private anymore. All moments of life are up for grabs. And then they say something like “I want to be relatable, not show just the perfect moments”, GTFO of here with that bullshit excuse. It’s all about attention and it’s gross.

Reactions: 7
Oh the grief tourist is at it again!!!!

Sad her dog died but again think she is taking advantage to get attention ruin and numbers on social media.
---
Also her “shack” in Costa Rica???

I live in a shack in Cambodia. I don’t have 3 chairs, a couch and room for lying down on the floor indoors (or outdoors).

Glad she thinks this was slumming it (on Daddy’s dime). Before running off on holiday to Aruba with Dad to steal someone’s boyfriend and enjoy her hay day.

She is a has been hag with nothing relevant to say.

Attachments

Last edited:

I agree. I think she is mentally very ill. I think her insta are basically the diaries of a mentally ill person and we, and 1.9M other people, are witnessing the story of her mental illness. I think from now on we can view everything she does from that point of view
Even if she was sane and doing all that in order to generate money - that alone doesn't qualify as sane. I don't think it's a show though, it's a very real and severe mental illness and she needs help.
I don't follow Olivia but from what I've seen on here, she seems like a fairly reasonable person (maybe not entirely idk). I kept wondering how she put up with Rachel but maybe she keeps her close in order to kind of watch her? You know how some people take care of someone who is mentally ill before they get professional help

Reactions: 10
Oh God. I won't repost here but she's posted to her grid, with an actual photo of dead Quila. This woman is mentally ill.
She’s so disturbing. Also over the years she didn’t really pay Laika or Quila much mind? I followed her way back in the thick of her Aruba days. I honestly didn’t realize she had two other dogs because all she posted was Ringo. Those poor old dogs being forced into crates, flown across the ocean…

Reactions: 9
She’s so disturbing. Also over the years she didn’t really pay Laika or Quila much mind? I followed her way back in the thick of her Aruba days. I honestly didn’t realize she had two other dogs because all she posted was Ringo. Those poor old dogs being forced into crates, flown across the ocean…
Same here. It seemed like Ringo was the new and improved objects, as she never (barely ever) mentioned the other two dogs by name or otherwise.
I desperately hope this will not be Lea's fate now that she has a (cute) new brother.

I think the only other dog she talked about extensively was Pepper, who died unexpectedly and he is another example for her grief tourism narratives.

Same here. It seemed like Ringo was the new and improved objects, as she never (barely ever) mentioned the other two dogs by name or otherwise.
I desperately hope this will not be Lea's fate now that she has a (cute) new brother.

I think the only other dog she talked about extensively was Pepper, who died unexpectedly and he is another example for her grief tourism narratives.
I also remember that she had 1 or 2 goats in Aruba, what happened to them?? Does anyone remembers?? I think she is like that, it was all about Ringo, then Lea was born and it was all about Lea and I guess now all will be about the new baby.

Reactions: 4
I agree. I think she is mentally very ill. I think her insta are basically the diaries of a mentally ill person and we, and 1.9M other people, are witnessing the story of her mental illness. I think from now on we can view everything she does from that point of view
Even if she was sane and doing all that in order to generate money - that alone doesn't qualify as sane. I don't think it's a show though, it's a very real and severe mental illness and she needs help.
I don't follow Olivia but from what I've seen on here, she seems like a fairly reasonable person (maybe not entirely idk). I kept wondering how she put up with Rachel but maybe she keeps her close in order to kind of watch her? You know how some people take care of someone who is mentally ill before they get professional help
This is the way is see it…

Olivia is probably highly empathetic to Rachel’s multiple mental disorders. They’ve got history and that’s Olivia’s next excuse for not ditching her. Olivia seems reasonable but her life is probably very dull. My guess is Rachel’s drama bullshit is probably the most exciting thing in her life.

The reason why Rachel picked Dennis as a partner because he isn’t very complex. Dennis is an extremely easy partner for her to manipulate and control without him really know what’s going on. He is clueless.

If her Instagram was a way to generate income she wouldn’t have blocked everyone who slightly questioned her. Every negative comment equals more engagement and more revenue however she can’t handle it, any criticism deeply destroys her fragile ego.

Her motive isn’t money. Do you think anyone finds her inspiring in real life? Nope! Instagram provides an ideal platform for her to promote and to satisfy her most desperate need for attention and admiration. This need run just deep as her insecurities.

Reactions: 10
If her Instagram was a way to generate income she wouldn’t have blocked everyone who slightly questioned her. Every negative comment equals more engagement and more revenue however she can’t handle it, any criticism deeply destroys her fragile ego.

Her motive isn’t money. Do you think anyone finds her inspiring in real life? Nope! Instagram provides an ideal platform for her to promote and to satisfy her most desperate need for attention and admiration. This need run just deep as her insecurities.
I think YG used to be a pretty good salesperson when it came to her own brand and products. (I am a little ashamed to admit that I did put money in her GoFundMe for 108, had a brief subscription to yogagirl.com and 108 and bought both her books, because I found her promotion enticing). Where she always struggled was advertising for others. Does anyone else remember the infamous Tide ad she posted?

IMO her sales abilities decreased when she stopped offering retreats and YTTs in person in Aruba. I want to say that was early 2019?

When she was selling only herself it didn't hurt her to curate her audience, it might have even been a benefit for her.
However she is terrible at the influencer shilling for random companies game.
Because she is too lazy to put a lot of effort into it and her posts/stories seem smug and boastful instead of natural.
Also mixed with her slamming of the medical and media industrial complexes and what not it seems so disingenuous to promote businesses that are part of the even bigger scheme capitalism.

Reactions: 5
She's insane
Why doesn't her follower count drop any faster 😭😂 by now her content is unhinged AND boring. How is that combination even possible
It would be almost funny if it weren't so disturbing
Today I tried to watch her stories (I rarely ever watch her stuff since I don't want to give her the extra engagement) but after one story I couldn't even be bothered anymore, it's SO boring. Also why doesn't she caption her stories

I'm curious to know how many people watch her stories everyday

And I also agree with that dog stuff, I also thought Ringo was the "main" dog and Laika and Quila (I didn't even know her name before yesterday) are some old stray dogs or something she took in but never built a connection with
Weird to know that Quila was her first dog

Reactions: 11
Ah, apparently Lea has chickenpox. No mention of calling a doctor for advice or anything.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Ah, apparently Lea has chickenpox. No mention of calling a doctor for advice or anything.
And she claims she doesn’t know how she could have gotten it. Does she have short term memory loss?… Didn’t she just go into town a week ago? And before that, a party at her house with a bunch of kids? And obviously, no mention of vaccinations. Easily preventable, what a dingbat.

Is there ever a time in her life when there’s no drama? It’s always something!

And casually throwing in there that her newborn could potentially have it as well - she's disgusting. She's intentionally trying to rile people up about this topic.
Another blatant lie about her behavior and lifestyle (saying Lea hasn't been around any kids when they've been traveling, having parties, etc. DAYS ago, she posted a series of stories with Olivia's whole family there.. does she think we're stupid!?)

Lea is definitely not vaccinated (aside from the one shot she admitted to getting in Aruba), so I'm curious to see how this whole thingis approached and handled.

The most ridiculous part to me is that Rakel will sit with her phone in her face talking on stories all day about how she's only treating Lea with herbal and natural remedies, vilifying and demonizing the medical system for this somehow, but we all know she won't hesitate to take Lea to the doctor behind the scenes if it suits her.

Her lived reality and the 'reality' she preaches into her phone for attention are two very different things, and I hope for Lea (and Finn)'s sake that she doesn't let her desperation to keep up this act endanger her children even more than it already is.

She's gone so far off the deep end, I honestly can't understand how anyone still looks to her for any advice or wisdom of any kind.

Reactions: 12
The grief tourism continues. This woman is so sick. Imagine that your beloved dog dies, your child is placing flowers on the (dead) dog and you pull out the camera to film it.

So ancestral.
---
Double post but I also just can't stand the Lea The Sage Guru narrative. It's so obvious Rachel coaches her.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
The grief tourism continues. This woman is so sick. Imagine that your beloved dog dies, your child is placing flowers on the (dead) dog and you pull out the camera to film it.

So ancestral.

She might only be on her phone for 2-3h a day (which I still don't believe, she's got a death grip on her phone), but mentally she's online 24h a day
What happened to mindfulness and being present in the moment?
Poor Lea always getting filmed, that must feel so strange

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.