Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #4 "Ancestral" Woman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God she’s SUCH a prick. I had delayed cord clamping with my first and it was great. With my second she shot out and wasn’t breathing. They whipped her away and spent 40 minutes resuscitating her! It’s pot luck how your birth goes and she was VERY lucky hers went well
But she doesn't realize that and she now says if she has a third baby, she'll have a fully wild pregnancy and not go to the doctor ever.

Truly the worst person I've ever followed.
---
Love to you. My kiddo was preemie so she also got whisked away for breathing care, and it was very hard to not have that immediate skin-to-skin but when it did happen later in the day, it was as intensely magical as it possibly could have been. Sincerely f$&@ Rachel for shitting on anyone’s birth experience that doesn’t conform to the “ancestral fantasy.”

I do think the anxieties are still in her and are now being expressed via complete denial and delusion. It’s like the people who accused everyone of “living in fear” in the thick of the pandemic but they themselves were actually so fearful that they were in deep denial. We know Rachel has had a lot of anxiety about the well-being of her loved ones in the past, and I think this is actually a progression of that. It’s quite worrying, really. I think the pastel-Q people got in her ear at some point with some of their unhinged beliefs, and it probably felt like a convenient alternative reality in which to escape her fears. I really hope her kids will be ok.

Really what she’s doing can’t even be labeled “ancestral” because that would at least involve community care. It’s just hyper-individualistic, delusional BS.
She's like the Q people who believe in absolute self reliance for when they topple the government or whatever. It's scary
---
I'm sorry but she's a clown.

Speak to your nipples with love.

And saying she's now perfectly fine just by pushing through. What a world

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
But she doesn't realize that and she now says if she has a third baby, she'll have a fully wild pregnancy and not go to the doctor ever.

Truly the worst person I've ever followed.
---
I don't think she realizes that our real ancestral women had wild pregnancies because they had no access to medical care, they really didn't have a choice, and even them had a community and almost never gave birth alone, every community had a midwife with some experience. Rachel is just a self-centered, delusional woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi. I was here some time last year but have a new account now.
She is such a sanctimonious prick. If she could crawl up into her amazingly magically unique foof and birth herself she would.
As a mother (yes Rachel, there are others out there), I find her whole approach to this new baby baffling. What does she think doctors/nurses/health practitioners do with pregnant mothers and new babies? Whisk them off for some experimental drug trial? I agree if you're in good health some checks might not be necessary, but they are there for a whole host of reasons? Picking up on possible future health and developmental problems is a big part of what they do? Why, as a bleeping sensible, normal human would you not want that for your child?
I don't think anyone is suggesting you whisk your kid off to the doctor because they have "boogers", but to not get some basic, simple checks? Why on earth would you not?
And to then look down on others who do? duck off.

Reactions: 11
-If your npples are cracking the latch might be wrong. Or you neglect creaming them. A professional midwife could tell you that.
-You should not expose children under 1 year to the sun. Especially with north Euopean genetics. But I guess getting melanoma and dying from skincancer is very ancestral.
-Before the horrible horrible modern medicine aka sick care, child mortality rate was around 20-40% depending on country. My grandpa had 11 siblings, only 4 reached at adult age. I bet his mother would have given anything for some horrible unancestral antibiotics or other medicine.

Look up your ancestral churchbooks, very well preserved in Sweden even dating 200 years back. There they noted births and deaths. Why did so many freshly married young women die? Did they perhaps attempt af the most dangerous thing a woman can do in her lifetime, aka childbirth?

Reactions: 11
Has anyone else ever wondered if she dove so hard into this “home birth” “wild pregnancy” craze of hers because she was jealous of Olivia and her experience w her second and now third child? I always felt like Olivia is pretty normal and was quiet about her home birth experience. Seems to me like Rachel was jealous of Olivia’s two home births and tried, consciously or subconsciously, to jump on this train, one up her, screaming about it from the rooftops and putting herself out there as this wild natural homeopathic expert. She even made Olivia’s most recent birth about her with her commemorative post and photos while poor Olivia was in labor

Reactions: 12
Has anyone else ever wondered if she dove so hard into this “home birth” “wild pregnancy” craze of hers because she was jealous of Olivia and her experience w her second and now third child? I always felt like Olivia is pretty normal and was quiet about her home birth experience. Seems to me like Rachel was jealous of Olivia’s two home births and tried, consciously or subconsciously, to jump on this train, one up her, screaming about it from the rooftops and putting herself out there as this wild natural homeopathic expert. She even made Olivia’s most recent birth about her with her commemorative post and photos while poor Olivia was in labor
That was so strange, I hope she asked Olivia could she post those photos. Rachel has to make everything about her. I don’t know if I made this up but I think Olivia had a doula at her last birth. I kind of remember reading that on Olivia’s IG.
I don’t know how Olivia stands her. I feel like Rachel purposely tried to get pregnant around the same time as Olivia.

Reactions: 5
Speak to your nipples with love? I wish someone shared this wisdom with me when my nipples were sore and bleeding! Too bad my “doctors” and “LCs” don’t have this kind of intelligence and insight!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Her birth story podcast is 2 hours long. She's so self obsessed. I don't know who can listen to her lie through her teeth and self aggrandize for two whole hours.
Two hours?! Is anyone going to take one for the team and listen to it?

Reactions: 1
I'm fairly new so I'm not sure if there's already been a rule discussed about her mom, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned that it seems shama hasn't met little "sun" yet. They must have *really* had it out recently. I'd love to know what happened.

Reactions: 2
I'm fairly new so I'm not sure if there's already been a rule discussed about her mom, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned that it seems shama hasn't met little "sun" yet. They must have *really* had it out recently. I'd love to know what happened.
I don't think Shama's been mentioned yet in connection to Finn's birth. Rachel said she had stopped talking to her, but then Shama showed up with Lea at some point. So it could be that Shama's been to see Finn but Rachel hasn't posted about it, or that she hasn't. She's one more person Rachel has constant issues with.

Reactions: 6
Oh I totally think that, she’s a copycat, but she has to be better than Olivia, because even if Olivia used the word “intuition” when she talked about her home births, she wasn’t alone and unsupervised, she had a midwife and doula in both of her births, and even said in one ig story that her midwife arranged that a doctor would go to her home to check on her and the baby, which I think it was very responsable from her, she doesn’t look very against the “system”, but of course Rakel has to be better than her, she has a greater connection with her body because she didn’t need a midwife whatsoever, she could do it alone because she is ancestral and illuminated.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
I swear she thinks she'll be nominated for a Nobel prize for 'best, most normal, natural birth ever". FML.
Screenshot_20230707_183602_Instagram.jpg

Free birth 🤣 As opposed to... ?
Also, telling people what's safe? As decided by whom? Either her, which is dangerous, or by actual doctors, who she doesn't trust/believe?
Screenshot_20230707_183515_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 5
I swear she thinks she'll be nominated for a Nobel prize for 'best, most normal, natural birth ever". FML.
View attachment 2291643
Free birth 🤣 As opposed to... ?
Also, telling people what's safe? As decided by whom? Either her, which is dangerous, or by actual doctors, who she doesn't trust/believe?
View attachment 2291654
I’m honestly tired of seeing her boobs, I’ve seen her boobs more these couple of weeks that I’ve seen mine!!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So far I have read the first 39 minutes of the podcast transcript and it is just rambling to the point where it makes almost no sense to me.
I am curious about someones experience listing to this word salad. How did you endure it?

The only information I took in so far is that YG texted with Olivia constantly throughout her labour process to keep her updated. That is ancestral, wild and free AF, right??

Hello everyone!
I've been following your insightful discussions for quite a while now and I really enjoyed it, but our beloved Rachel has made me so furious lately so I also need to put in my own to cents now lol. I was so happy when I found you all, initially I thought no one ever questions what she does. Her followers are just so vocal

I don't even know where to start. Rachel rly makes me *furious*. I shouldn't care so much but I feel like she really is a danger to her followers. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone is entitled to live their lives just as they please.
BUT you do have a big responsibility when 1.9M people follow you.

I cannot put into words how much I despise her for giving out "medical advice". If you live by your own made-up medicinal rules (which I'm still not loving) - fine. But you should be sane enough to understand that sharing that "advice" could potentially endanger people's lives.
Man, sharing is already so reckless but she even shames people for not following or questioning her opinion 😂 it's despicable. How can one be so delusional. I don't understand how her follower count doesn't drop any faster, I reckon plenty of her followers are parents themselves and I would honestly feel so insulted by her acting like a know it all. She doesn't have any grace or humbleness whatsoever. Also her lack of gratefulness is repulsive.

However, I somehow think that she knows (deep within her) that she doesn't know anything about medicine or health really, but I think she really enjoys having the power to just make up her own facts, share them and make them "become true" by being extra vocal about them, if you know what I mean.
On the other hand she keeps contradicting herself.

She's looney tunes and I do think she's got a psychiatric disorder.
I also agree with the person on top that suggested that she's still very anxious and in denial. I also think she's so, so deeply anxious and afraid and unstable that she can't cope with any doubts or worries from the outside (ie medical professionals). I read through one (the one and only lol) of her podcast transcripts where she talked about her pregnancy and she said something along the lines of not wanting anyone to find a medical issue she has to think about and not wanting to have to take the appropriate steps regarding that issue.
Schrodinger's disease lol.
I hate that she labels health care as sick care - I get where she comes from but especially pediatrics and gynecology are soo focused on prevention. Like there are plenty of congenital diseases such as heart defects or just "simple" conditions like congenital hypothyroidism. Babies get screened for these conditions right after birth and eg hypothyroidism can be treated sooo very easily. But if left untreated it does irreversible damage to the baby's brain quite fast. I cannot comprehend how you can put the lives of your own children on the line like that. Looney tunes

Also her sitz bath topic: I'm sorry but how can you sense if one might get infected 😂 I just can't with her. If you could sense that there wouldn't be any infections ever lol

What also rubs me the wrong way is the way she refers to Finneas as Sun. She acts like a king/god was born, it's just an innocent infant ffs. I almost puked when she said she calls him squeeky (?) now because he didn't cry when he was sick because he's such a gentle soul! He probably didn't cry cause he couldn't breath!!! 😭

@TheSheep I get the urge to make someone dig deeper into her grifting but I'm also thinking it might be best if she doesn't get more attention and views. I think even negative press benefits her in the end and I just hope people forget her real soon. Curious about your thoughts

Alright, that's all for now :D Sorry for that massive unstructured rant guys

Reactions: 12
Oh I totally think that, she’s a copycat, but she has to be better than Olivia, because even if Olivia used the word “intuition” when she talked about her home births, she wasn’t alone and unsupervised, she had a midwife and doula in both of her births, and even said in one ig story that her midwife arranged that a doctor would go to her home to check on her and the baby, which I think it was very responsable from her, she doesn’t look very against the “system”, but of course Rakel has to be better than her, she has a greater connection with her body because she didn’t need a midwife whatsoever, she could do it alone because she is ancestral and illuminated.
i completely understand the issues women have with industrialized medicine and doctors who treatpregnant women with less respect and autonomy they deserve. Many have discussed on this thread - there are legitimate concerns with the way “the system” operates. But forRachel to proclaim herself this medical “expert” after “researching for herself” (googlingand watching videos of other home births) is just wild. She acts as if she’s the only woman to have ever attempted this. But that’s her, ego bigger than Sweden, jumping on whatever trend has her attention at the moment and acting like she is the end all be all of knowledge on the subject. Like her current herbalism obsession. She started some online course and now she’s offering her take on herbal baths/infusions and growing food as if they are gospel. It’s okay to be interested in stuff! She doesn’t have to assume this persona of wisdom-keeper!!! Never giving credit to those who shared the knowledge with her, those who did the real labor.

I don’t know how Olivia stands her either…Olivia seems to have a more reasonable view of the world, a desire to live naturally, balanced with the good sense to seek reasonable medical assistance. A viewpoint I think most people can get behind. And yes I remember Olivia having a midwife/doula there for the last two births, ready to assist if necessary. So frustrating the way Rachel thinks she knows better than medical professionals who have literally gone through years of research and training to be able to assist in birth. It’s insane.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.