Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #4 "Ancestral" Woman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i completely understand the issues women have with industrialized medicine and doctors who treatpregnant women with less respect and autonomy they deserve. Many have discussed on this thread - there are legitimate concerns with the way “the system” operates. But forRachel to proclaim herself this medical “expert” after “researching for herself” (googlingand watching videos of other home births) is just wild. She acts as if she’s the only woman to have ever attempted this. But that’s her, ego bigger than Sweden, jumping on whatever trend has her attention at the moment and acting like she is the end all be all of knowledge on the subject. Like her current herbalism obsession. She started some online course and now she’s offering her take on herbal baths/infusions and growing food as if they are gospel. It’s okay to be interested in stuff! She doesn’t have to assume this persona of wisdom-keeper!!! Never giving credit to those who shared the knowledge with her, those who did the real labor.

I don’t know how Olivia stands her either…Olivia seems to have a more reasonable view of the world, a desire to live naturally, balanced with the good sense to seek reasonable medical assistance. A viewpoint I think most people can get behind. And yes I remember Olivia having a midwife/doula there for the last two births, ready to assist if necessary. So frustrating the way Rachel thinks she knows better than medical professionals who have literally gone through years of research and training to be able to assist in birth. It’s insane.
I agree completely, I think Rachel has some characteristics of a cult leader, and I think she does a lot of things behind close doors, who can assure us that she actually gave birth without any help? Maybe a midwife was there assisting her, but she says otherwise to fit her narrative of ancestral empowered woman, just like some of you had said that she has a lot of help with the farming but doesn’t mention it at all. We’ll never know that, but what we know is that she has a very narcissistic personality, just like every cult leader ever.

Reactions: 11
Welcome @IsPepsiOkay01 !

Agree with everything you guys have said. Rachel has gone past the line of "whatever, it's you life" with all the faux medical advice she's dispensing.

She's a compulsive liar too. Wonder how she'll change her tune about all of this in the next few years.

Reactions: 8
I scrolled back to when she had Lea and around 9 weeks she had her first round of vaccinations. I don’t listen to her podcast but I’m curious if she’s discussed this anymore. Did she have her receive the one round and feel incredible guilt for possibly saving her and other folks lives?

The other thing that makes no sense to me is how Dennis and Olivia and all the other folks in her life pander to her lunatic ideas! If she had been my friend, I would have cut ties a long time ago, she’s gone off the deep-end with all this woowoovoodoo sh*t and I would not want to be associated with her. I think Dennis might just stick around because he does not come from money, and just doesn’t want to give up the Instagram husband lifestyle he’s grown so accustomed to.

Reactions: 8
I'm fairly new so I'm not sure if there's already been a rule discussed about her mom, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned that it seems shama hasn't met little "sun" yet. They must have *really* had it out recently. I'd love to know what happened.
Rakel said on a recent pod before birth something to the effect of having to strengthen boundaries with some people in her life. She didn’t say who or what, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if her mom raised some concerns about Rakel’s birth plans and Rakel cut her out of her life again. Her mom had difficult births I think. Rakel can’t tolerate anyone disagreeing with her. Be that as it may, I think it is so awful to deny a grandparent access to a grandchild, (unless the gp is abusive) as Rakel seemed to do with Lea and Shama for some chunk of time.
---
I’m honestly tired of seeing her boobs, I’ve seen her boobs more these couple of weeks that I’ve seen mine!!! 🤣🤣
Same!

Also, we heard way too much about her yoni today, imo. So, brace yourselves for more of that fellow tattlers! 🙄🤮

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I scrolled back to when she had Lea and around 9 weeks she had her first round of vaccinations. I don’t listen to her podcast but I’m curious if she’s discussed this anymore. Did she have her receive the one round and feel incredible guilt for possibly saving her and other folks lives?

The other thing that makes no sense to me is how Dennis and Olivia and all the other folks in her life pander to her lunatic ideas! If she had been my friend, I would have cut ties a long time ago, she’s gone off the deep-end with all this woowoovoodoo sh*t and I would not want to be associated with her. I think Dennis might just stick around because he does not come from money, and just doesn’t want to give up the Instagram husband lifestyle he’s grown so accustomed to.
She did talk about the vaccination, she said she had decided to give her some but not others. Later on,.in the midst of Covid, she said she would probably not do it anymore.

So she probably won't give Finn any, and duck everyone else, it's her world.

Reactions: 7
Okay, I finished reading the transcript and it is not worth your time to read it or listen to the podcast episode. YG speaks a whole lot without saying much.
Lea was her little doula (like the true guru she is), this birth was the most incredible thing in everyone's lives, but also the most mundane everyday thing.
She says intuition a million time, plus dog ate mucus plug, like someone here already said.

Reactions: 9
I skimmed the podcast. I’ve said it before, she’s clearly chosen to ignore the concept of hypnobirthing. Most uk midwives are now actively encouraging this and they certainly don’t force any exams 😂. They respected my wishes with my first birth, I had my son in MLU as I was low risk (no doctors, you get blue lighted if a problem occurs to the bigger hospital). I had aromatherapy, light therapy, music, candles and i birthed him in the pool. Had delayed clamping and stayed there overnight - i really don’t see how it was any different to hers. She seems to subscribe to the idea that all births in medical centres happen as they did in the Victorian times.

she also banged on about no pain, no body pain then in the same breath said her vagina hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On her stories she does a throwback to the day she went into labor, having some “devine knowing” that this was a special day. I’ll bet you anything labor had already started at that point and she was just acting all intuitive to continue the narrative of her being so connected and in tune with her body and the baby. She is just so freaking smug!

• Haha
How ancestral of her to film and narrate her entire labor and birth experience to her phone, trying to pretend like it was 'just for her'. And in the end, of course, it gets shared to 1.9 million people on the internet. Who is surprised?! I'm honestly shocked she didn't force Dennis to bust out all the camera equipment and lights to really make a production out of it. It could have been her next $2,000 course, for God's sake!!!! 😂

She really seems to want people to believe that even walking NEAR a medical building means you'll get snatched up and put into chains and forced to be poked and prodded and injected unnecessarily and treated like a lab animal. While I think we can all agree that there are certainly some systemic issues with the medical industrial complex in countries across the world, I honestly don't know a single person, woman or otherwise, that has had anything NEAR this kind of horrifying experience that she claims is the standard of practice worldwide. Honestly, the more she speaks and 'advises' people about how big and scary modern medicine is, the more it just makes me think that the root issue is Rachel's issue with authority. She can't seem to set boundaries without that boundary including a disclaimer that the other party is the WORST MOST DANGEROUS THING EVER. We've seen evidence of that in so many other aspects of her life.

I've also been thinking about how she so clearly had PPD after having Lea and didn't seem to do anything at all to treat it, other than to stop working and sit at home on her phone. She essentially gaslit herself into pretending like she wasn't dealing with it. (I assume PPD isn't 'ancestral' enough for her!)
I'm very curious to see how she'll go this time around. Given how she's already trotting out his birth as the most divine, perfect thing in the world, I assume acknowledging something like PPD would go against the dreamy, intuitive experience she's trying so desperately to craft for herself.

The fact that she ALLOWED her dog to eat her mucus plug, then went onto her podcast and boasted about it is so completely unhinged and disgusting, I don't even know where to begin. This woman gets more vile and dangerous by the minute, and I hope for the sake of her children and animals that someone intervenes sooner than later.

On her stories she does a throwback to the day she went into labor, having some “devine knowing” that this was a special day. I’ll bet you anything labor had already started at that point and she was just acting all intuitive to continue the narrative of her being so connected and in tune with her body and the baby. She is just so freaking smug!
This is interesting, because on the podcast she said a few times that she didn't think she was in labour until late in the evening and assumed the sensations she felt thought the day were not contractions.

She said she recorded the episode on Wednesday, so the story she tells the world has already changed in less then three days.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is interesting, because on the podcast she said a few times that she didn't think she was in labour until late in the evening and assumed the sensations she felt thought the day were not contractions.

She said she recorded the episode on Wednesday, so the story she tells the world has already changed in less then three days.
It's a contradiction even if we believe only the podcast/divine knowing story. She had a divine knowing that day would be special... except the baby was born in the morning, so that day was actually NOT special.

She has one functioning neuron, the other ones probably committed murder-suicide after realizing they were stuck with the vilest "yogi" to ever have lived.
---
Do we think it went fully over Rachel's head that these people don't seem to be laughing 'with' her on this one? Or is she just trying to stir up more drama and controversy for attention?
I think she's covering her bases and doing both. In case it's a joke, she takes a shot at herself adding those other words. In case it isn't, she thinks she looks "cool" making a joke about it.

In any case, she still thinks it's a compliment to be talked about, whether they're mocking her or not. All she wants is the attention, doesn't matter if it's the bad sort.

I’m sorry, maybe I missed more details on this lol but can someone elaborate on (and I can’t believe I am asking this) a dog eating a mucus plug? I’m trying to understand how lol how does the dog come upon a mucus plug?

• Sick
  • Haha
I’m sorry, maybe I missed more details on this lol but can someone elaborate on (and I can’t believe I am asking this) a dog eating a mucus plug? I’m trying to understand how lol how does the dog come upon a mucus plug?
What I am about to write is so TMI.

So YG is in the birthing pool in labour and all and the mucus plug comes out and swims in the pool. Because they were expecting poop making its way in to the pool as well, they were prepared with a sieve to fish it out. That is what Dennis used to scoop out the mucus plug and instead of dumping it in the toilet (this whole story is happening in the bathroom), he puts the sieve next to him on the ground. Ringo at this point is in the bathroom and immediately eats the thing off the floor.
According to YG this was hilarious and actually great, because this way the dog was closely involved in the birth as well.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree with you all, we can't believe a single word she says. She twists and turns everything to fit into her agenda, which also changes daily lol. How can she be so stupid and think that no one notices that she constantly contradicts herself?
Or do you all think she might not even realize that she's compulsively lying? I mean it would make sense if she didn't even notice herself - then our observation might be correct that she's living in her little dream world where everything he says and manifests becomes true And it would also mean she's going crazy

Speaking of PPD - she could also be a candidate for pp psychosis lol [I'm exaggerating on that, I'm so very happy we've finally opened the public conversation to issues regarding women's health and it's nothing to be ashamed of.]
I wasn't following her when she had Lea but how did her PPD show?

Also - is anyone watching her stories (I don't want to give her the extra views) and could tell me if little Finneas is alright again? He might just have a cold but since babies can only eat/drink when their noses aren't blocked they might loose weight rapidly if not monitored closely. I feel so so bad for him and poor Lea :(((

I agree with you all, we can't believe a single word she says. She twists and turns everything to fit into her agenda, which also changes daily lol. How can she be so stupid and think that no one notices that she constantly contradicts herself?
Or do you all think she might not even realize that she's compulsively lying? I mean it would make sense if she didn't even notice herself - then our observation might be correct that she's living in her little dream world where everything he says and manifests becomes true And it would also mean she's going crazy

Speaking of PPD - she could also be a candidate for pp psychosis lol [I'm exaggerating on that, I'm so very happy we've finally opened the public conversation to issues regarding women's health and it's nothing to be ashamed of.]
I wasn't following her when she had Lea but how did her PPD show?

Also - is anyone watching her stories (I don't want to give her the extra views) and could tell me if little Finneas is alright again? He might just have a cold but since babies can only eat/drink when their noses aren't blocked they might loose weight rapidly if not monitored closely. I feel so so bad for him and poor Lea :(((
She was bragging about him having gained weight just yesterday so he's probably okay?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.