Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #4 "Ancestral" Woman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else remember when Instagram allowed you to see what other people liked? Dennis was very much into p*rn*graphic pictures of women wearing yoga pants with c*mel toes. He cleary wasn’t aware of this feature and got busted! I took Rachel’s $80 yoga class and lots of us fan girls had screenshot of the evidence. There’s no way Rachel didn’t know about this. During this particular class he was just hanging out not practicing with us, just watching. It was creepy and to make matters worse we were photographed the entire time without permission and later used for her marketing. Whenever I see Rachel use those photographs I just cringe on what a terrible experience it truly was. We basically paid to be in her advertising, if there’s one thing she is great at, it’s scamming people.
Oh wow, I don't think I've ever heard of this. But it checks out with everything. Dennis being creepy isn't surprising, I mean he's a cheater who took up with a stranger within days. Rachel not asking for her students' consent to be in photos is also very much in tune with everything.

Reactions: 5
Hi all! This is my first post. I also used to follow her for a few reasons! I’m originally from Aruba, so her presence there intrigued me (Dennis was also in my friend group for a while), and I enjoyed her Yoga content.
Over the past few months she’s said a handful of things that rubbed me the wrong way. At some point during her pregnancy she said that she think sleep training a baby or children is cruel, or something to that affect, but I very distinctly remember her eventually sleep training Lea because she was a terrible sleeper and wouldn’t sleep in her own bed. She essentially had to lock her in the room and let her cry herself to sleep. But now, it’s cruel to her? I sleep trained my daughter and now my 7mo son and they are both excellent sleepers, they don’t have any PTSD or trauma associated with learning an essential life skill! What a hypocrite.

The other thing that really irked me is when she was talking about co-sleeping with her baby. She is not co-sleeping, she’s bed-sharing, call it for what it is! Not only that, but bed sharing with the baby sleeping on his tummy.. are they not using pillows or blankets in bed? I highly doubt it! I saw the picture of the baby in the pram with his head basically in the mattress! I feel so badly for her children..

Reactions: 10
Her rant about lying the baby on the back or on the belly is just as nuts.
Those recommendations are based on statistics and scientifical research. But because of that it means for Rachel to do exactly otherwise.
And QueenBW you are right, she can do what she wants but she spreads it to her followers and that is dangerous.
In the UK instances of SIDS reduced when in the late 80s/early 90s they advised women to put babies to sleep on their backs.

I thought the percentages were high but couldnt find the source. Found this though:

Reactions: 1
Hi all! This is my first post. I also used to follow her for a few reasons! I’m originally from Aruba, so her presence there intrigued me (Dennis was also in my friend group for a while), and I enjoyed her Yoga content.
Over the past few months she’s said a handful of things that rubbed me the wrong way. At some point during her pregnancy she said that she think sleep training a baby or children is cruel, or something to that affect, but I very distinctly remember her eventually sleep training Lea because she was a terrible sleeper and wouldn’t sleep in her own bed. She essentially had to lock her in the room and let her cry herself to sleep. But now, it’s cruel to her? I sleep trained my daughter and now my 7mo son and they are both excellent sleepers, they don’t have any PTSD or trauma associated with learning an essential life skill! What a hypocrite.

The other thing that really irked me is when she was talking about co-sleeping with her baby. She is not co-sleeping, she’s bed-sharing, call it for what it is! Not only that, but bed sharing with the baby sleeping on his tummy.. are they not using pillows or blankets in bed? I highly doubt it! I saw the picture of the baby in the pram with his head basically in the mattress! I feel so badly for her children..
She constantly changes her tune and acts like she never did the thing she's now adamantly against. She's like the government in George Orwell's 1984, forever changing who the enemy is, but pretending the enemy has always been the same.

Birthing with medical professional support, sleep training, veganism, running, Aruba, Sweden, her family, yoga, supplements, etc. All things she has changed her tune about but gaslights her viewers about.

I'd bet money that in the future, Lea will pen a tell all about growing up the child of a narcissistic mother or she'll have some serious trauma leftover. There's just no way those kids will be well adjusted adults.

Reactions: 7

I don’t agree with her approach but it’s fine not to sleep train if it does not work for your family. Babies will learn to sleep independently in their own time unless there is a medical issue (my kids have had obstructive sleep apnoea).

In the UK instances of SIDS reduced when in the late 80s/early 90s they advised women to put babies to sleep on their backs.

I thought the percentages were high but couldnt find the source. Found this though:

Even with bedsharing, it’s recommended to place baby on their back with no blankets or swaddle for baby, no blankets or baggy clothing for mum, long hair tied up, a very firm mattress, etc. Some of the comments on here demonising bedsharing really aren’t it for me, but Rachel’s approach is irresponsible for sure. She’s someone who just hops on a bandwagon but has no real conviction about anything so justifies her choices by going to extremes.
---
She constantly changes her tune and acts like she never did the thing she's now adamantly against. She's like the government in George Orwell's 1984, forever changing who the enemy is, but pretending the enemy has always been the same.

Birthing with medical professional support, sleep training, veganism, running, Aruba, Sweden, her family, yoga, supplements, etc. All things she has changed her tune about but gaslights her viewers about.
This is the thing that disappoints me so much about Rachel. At one point I really did like her but she’s certainly shown her personality since leaving Aruba. She yo-yos between extremes. I’m not even strictly vegan anymore myself, because of having HG and dealing with lots of food aversions etc, just plant based, but I don’t feel the need to demonise veganism or vegans just because it doesn’t suit me right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I don’t agree with her approach but it’s fine not to sleep train if it does not work for your family. Babies will learn to sleep independently in their own time unless there is a medical issue (my kids have had obstructive sleep apnoea).
-
Sorry I was not clear… I wasn’t trying to insinuate that not sleep training your child is bad, I was just trying to point out that she now says it’s cruel, but took advantage of it when it suited her. In addition, making people like me or any other person who chose to sleep train their child feel like a poor parent who abused their child(ren).

The article (is hardly call it article, more like a brief paragraph) says:
CULTURAL DEBATE. Influencer Rachel Bråthén, better known as Yoga girl, is breastfeeding a newborn. She has just given birth at home. A fresh placenta is served next to a Wild flower centerpiece plate from Arket. A bowl shaped like a blooming poppy, costing 690 kronor. Bright red, tonally matching the fleshy color of the placenta.

Nothing screams wonderful woman more than Instagramming a placenta in a flower bowl from Arket.

I am fascinated by the home birthers on Instagram. Yoga girl's pregnancy has been followed on her account, a pregnancy without a single midwife check-up. Who needs ultrasound when you have intuition?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Exactly what @ShaChe says. About a very typical influencer birthing photo with a specific brand bowl matching the placenta, because the whole free birting is a trend by influencers. But also about that it is dangerous when influencers like this recommend others to free birth with all the risks. Also in general questioning the free birth phenomenon, and the recommendation for people to read a (Swedish) book that is about people giving birth during centuries and how it has developed with medical intervention with less deaths. And I assume she got really disturbed by getting critics in one of the largest Swedish newspapers. 😂

And hi 👋 I am new here and love to finally find others who are annoyed by her!😁

/lisen

• Heart
Rachel was a really big fan of Nahko and medicine for the people until the Me too movement became a trend. Rachel jumped on the bandwagon and tried to cancel him. She stole Nahko’s lyrics and tattooed them on her body and then did it again for a book tittle! Nothing about this woman is authentic or original! NOT A SINGLE THING!
28E7C807-5BC9-4493-8D6E-6367C41E239D.jpeg
FAB18D35-C672-44AE-8AE7-D7F5EE8AD428.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You just know that if Andrea was here she’d be fuming that her so-called mate had traded on their friendship for money and fame. She’d have dropped her years ago.

Rachel is a grief tourist and a drama Queen. She has learnt very little from the childhood she apparently hated so much courtesy of her Mother and will repeat the cycle. Poor Lea- she’s had a huge cultural/geographical move in her early childhood (not itself awful, but coupled with the other factors, devastating imo), encouraged to believe she is some kind of opus of the universe, scant social contact with her peers, and a Mother who is so wrapped up in her own experience of the world, to the exclusion of others’ needs and views.

Last edited:
THERE! She got the backlash she wanted it!
Any Swedes here care to elaborate?
guys… this is EXACTLY what she wanted! Remember.. she feeds herself with controversy and negativity.. I know influencers that have just left social media, no explanation, just left, because they genuinely DID NOT want the drama…. So…

Reactions: 6
THERE! She got the backlash she wanted it!

guys… this is EXACTLY what she wanted! Remember.. she feeds herself with controversy and negativity.. I know influencers that have just left social media, no explanation, just left, because they genuinely DID NOT want the drama…. So…
Obviously, drama means engagement.

But I wanted to know stuff like what @lisenleon said about how it's one of the bigger newspapers in Sweden, things that as a non-Swede I would have missed even after google translating the article.

Also, @lisenleon , welcome to the thread!

Reactions: 3
I still don’t believe that she birthed that enormous baby without help or intervention.
She must have a massive #%€$ which matches her massive ego.
She lied about so many things, this would be just a norm for her.
Not one genuine or authentic bone in that self-proclaimed grifter and she’s not even trying to hide it.
The one who preaches about spirituality, gratitude and staying in the present moment, constantly missing her own present moments by constantly recording everything and posting on Instagram. It takes a huge effort to write and post stories, and she’s missing out on being present for her family by doing this constantly.

As for the article, it’s a huge pisstake about her, she can laugh it off as much as she wants, but she’s on a slippery slope and she knows it.

If there’s one thing about Rachel it’s her obvious need to project. She was sick in mold yet taught wellness. Acts enlightened while severely emotionally unstable. Preached the vegan lifestyle while struggling with nutritional deficiencies. Starts charities while scamming her followers. Too ethical for Alo yoga but advertised Tide laundry soap. Canceled Nahko while her husband is a camel toe creep. Make up doesn’t suite her life anymore but hides constantly behind beauty filters. Lives her ancestral way yet secretly hiring help for every thing she desires. Worlds most intelligent mother while damaging and exploiting her children daily for content… She is completely predictable.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Eight stories this morning of Rachel giggling like a maniac claiming she's completely unbothered by this Swedish article about her (when it SO clearly has deeply gotten under her skin). She disparages the article's author, calling into question her legitimacy as a journalist. Rachel refers to herself in the third person as 'Yoga Girl'. Reiterates that she's completely, totally, wholly unbothered. So unbothered that she thinks this is the funniest article ever written and wants to print it out and frame it. She proclaims that Sweden is SO behind the times that EVERYTHING Rachel does is considered radical. (It was then immediately followed by a post saying 'I love my home' 🙄

WHO IS THIS FOR?!?! Who is watching this and relating and cheering her on and agreeing?! At this point, she's openly stroking her own ego and gloating about her right-wing/QAnon beliefs/behaviors. It's not compelling or entertaining in any way. And certainly not inspiring.

It honestly seems like she's losing complete touch with reality and the real world more and more by the minute. Dennis, Mikayla, and her family indulging her in every whim and crazy belief is only going to harm those children at the end of it all. Seems like she's intentionally surrounded herself with people who have no critical thinking skills and a desire to glom on to the last scraps of 'fame' Rachel is clinging to.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Eight stories this morning of Rachel giggling like a maniac claiming she's completely unbothered by this Swedish article about her (when it SO clearly has deeply gotten under her skin). She disparages the article's author, calling into question her legitimacy as a journalist. Rachel refers to herself in the third person as 'Yoga Girl'. Reiterates that she's completely, totally, wholly unbothered. So unbothered that she thinks this is the funniest article ever written and wants to print it out and frame it. She proclaims that Sweden is SO behind the times that EVERYTHING Rachel does is considered radical. (It was then immediately followed by a post saying 'I love my home' 🙄

WHO IS THIS FOR?!?! Who is watching this and relating and cheering her on and agreeing?! At this point, she's openly stroking her own ego and gloating about her right-wing/QAnon beliefs/behaviors. It's not compelling or entertaining in any way. And certainly not inspiring.

It honestly seems like she's losing complete touch with reality and the real world more and more by the minute. Dennis, Mikayla, and her family indulging her in every whim and crazy belief is only going to harm those children at the end of it all. Seems like she's intentionally surrounded herself with people who have no critical thinking skills and a desire to glom on to the last scraps of 'fame' Rachel is clinging to.
I have honestly have no idea how she finds the time for all this crap, what with running a farm and the sprogs etc..
She will be cancelled in Sweden too if she doesn’t contain her narcissistic and nasty ways.
She had a problem with Aruba, now Sweden, criticising everything and everyone, but of course The Grifter is the perfect human specimen. She’s God’s gift 😂
I might actually contact the journalist who wrote this article and try to persuade to write a really revealing article about the grifter, like a real eye opener.

Also, if you feel that her views and stories are far-right, please report to Instagram, all her SM platforms need to be shut down, that is the only way to deal with a narcissistic grifter like Rakel.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She also bangs on about the journalist “putting women down for their choice of birth”, which is what she has done the entire time…

Reactions: 11
I have honestly have no idea how she finds the time for all this crap, what with running a farm and the sprogs etc..
She will be cancelled in Sweden too if she doesn’t contain her narcissistic and nasty ways.
She had a problem with Aruba, now Sweden, criticising everything and everyone, but of course The Grifter is the perfect human specimen. She’s God’s gift 😂
I might actually contact the journalist who wrote this article and try to persuade to write a really revealing article about the grifter, like a real eye opener.

Also, if you feel that her views and stories are far-right, please report to Instagram, all her SM platforms need to be shut down, that is the only way to deal with a narcissistic grifter like Rakel.
Having the journalist do a deeper dive article to expose all of Rachel's nonsense sounds like a brilliant idea!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.