Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #4 "Ancestral" Woman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sigh. She really is terrible

I thought the “Earth Mother” had it all figured out 🙄
Asking on Instagram is very ancestral like…
I see she’s still attached to her ancestral smartphone. What a c**t.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Tone deaf Rakel strikes again. Yep two fingers up to anyone poor, poor soul whose baby has died due to SIDS - it’s probably because you were a drunk! And making other women feel inadequate because they may choose to sleep differently with their newborns. And yes Rakel, breastfed babies do also need winding sometimes 🙄. Here’s to a terrible sleep regression for them!

Attachments

• Wow
Tone deaf Rakel strikes again. Yep two fingers up to anyone poor, poor soul whose baby has died due to SIDS - it’s probably because you were a drunk! And making other women feel inadequate because they may choose to sleep differently with their newborns. And yes Rakel, breastfed babies do also need winding sometimes 🙄. Here’s to a terrible sleep regression for them!
She disgusts me. So any baby that died of SIDS is because the mother was drunk or depressed?! Wtf.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Love it that Rachel feels
Love how she considers herself an expert on sleeping arrangements for newborns even though this is only her second child and she doesn’t have any education beyond high school. And, enough of an expert to advise her 1.9M followers, even on something that could potentially be very harmful to others. She has a real problem with hubris. No doubt her opinions on this are poorly researched and transient. She flip flops on so many things - businesses, health practices, opinions, etc- I don’t know why anyone would want to take advice from her. If she wants to adopt something for herself, fine, but I don’t think she is qualified to advise large numbers of people what to do on any topic. It’s reckless. Hubris and recklessness are a bad combination.

Reactions: 8
In Germany lots of parents have a babybed which is placed next to the parents bed. It is open to the parents bed side. So the baby has its own space and the parents cannot accidentally roll over the baby but you are close to the baby and can touch it too.
If a mother is afraid of SIDS that would be the better alternative than just saying no mother rolls over her baby. But of course rachel knows best. 🙄

She just put out like 20 stories about the whole co-sleeping thing. She's obviously been getting questions and critical thinking comments. Her answer to all is that motherhood is PRIMAL and your body knows best.

Right, Rachel. Cause no mother in the wild has ever eaten their young...

She got super pissed cause people asked how does she know she didn't tear during birth if no medical professional examined her. And she got all high and mighty about it, saying of course she knows, it's her body. This idiot woman has never heard of microscopic tears and how they can be an issue.

She keeps saying she doesn't "align with" and doesn't "trust" scientific organizations. She's a danger to others, definitely to her kids. I'd hate to have that as my mother.

I don’t think she’s intentionally saying that any baby who died of SIDS did so because their mother was drunk, but as is typical for Rachel these days, her delivery is clumsy, tactless and dogmatic. I am a bedsharing mother who follows safe sleep recommendations for cosleeping. It has been the most appropriate choice for my family and was supported in hospital by my Australian hospital.

My two breastfeeding babies so far have not required burping beyond the first week or two, and that’s true of many breastfed babies, so not “winding” is not going to cause a sleep regression in a baby who does not need it.

The problem is that Rachel takes everything way too far and has no nuance. Like with her stance on birth. It’s true that in many countries rates of intervention in birth are too high and that many women suffer birth trauma as a result — BUT it is also true that medical interventions are necessary and lifesaving in many, many instances, and that “free birth” is risky. It’s true that bedsharing can be done safely, but it’s ridiculous to just pretend that it’s all common sense and that parents don’t need education around limiting risk factors and setting up as safely as possible. Instead of just raving about how primal it is, Rachel could have helped this person by sharing a link to resources on the Safe Sleep Seven etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I don’t think she’s intentionally saying that any baby who died of SIDS did so because their mother was drunk, but as is typical for Rachel these days, her delivery is clumsy, tactless and dogmatic. I am a bedsharing mother who follows safe sleep recommendations for cosleeping. It has been the most appropriate choice for my family and was supported in hospital by my Australian hospital.

My two breastfeeding babies so far have not required burping beyond the first week or two, and that’s true of many breastfed babies, so not “winding” is not going to cause a sleep regression in a baby who does not need it.

The problem is that Rachel takes everything way too far and has no nuance. Like with her stance on birth. It’s true that in many countries rates of intervention in birth are too high and that many women suffer birth trauma as a result — BUT it is also true that medical interventions are necessary and lifesaving in many, many instances, and that “free birth” is risky. It’s true that bedsharing can be done safely, but it’s ridiculous to just pretend that it’s all common sense and that parents don’t need education around limiting risk factors and setting up as safely as possible. Instead of just raving about how primal it is, Rachel could have helped this person by sharing a link to resources on the Safe Sleep Seven etc.
I mean when you say that unless you're drunk or depressed, you would never ever roll over your baby, you are basically blaming any issues that might arise from co-sleeping on the mother. Everything she has said is basically like "a GOOD mother just knows things because of biology." Plenty of women don't feel like this for various reasons. Previous bad experiences and trauma, anxiety, etc. She shames women for following medical advice, mocks it.

It's not the same as you co-sleeping because you did your research and your hospital is supportive. Like you said, and we have all said here at various points, there's no nuance ever. She is incapable of looking at things comprehensively.

And honestly, I'd give zero fucks what she did in her personal life if she didn't have a 1.9 M platform. She's disseminating false information, passing it as fact, spreading nonscientific bs for profit because she profits from all of this. So yeah, it's not as simple.

Reactions: 10
Her rant about lying the baby on the back or on the belly is just as nuts.
Those recommendations are based on statistics and scientifical research. But because of that it means for Rachel to do exactly otherwise.
And QueenBW you are right, she can do what she wants but she spreads it to her followers and that is dangerous.

Reactions: 9
No other animal sleeps with its vital organs exposed … well not many live in houses, fly their families across the world or practice wellness either … by her own logic, maybe she should move her family into a cave?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How does a 1 week old tell you it only wants to sleep on its front? I’d get if you’d tried for weeks to put your baby to sleep on its back and it didn’t settle, but she’s appeared to do front sleeping since day 1.

It’s like she just wants to do the exact opposite of anything medicine says.

How does a 1 week old tell you it only wants to sleep on its front? I’d get if you’d tried for weeks to put your baby to sleep on its back and it didn’t settle, but she’s appeared to do front sleeping since day 1.

I’m new to the thread, my god I’m so happy I found this!! I knew I wasn’t the only one thinking this woman is totally nuts and a danger to her platform. And exactly what you said, she just does exactly the opposite modern medicine says to prove her point.

Because HER body is in tune to his body, so she JUST KNOWS. It's biology *eye roll, sarcasm, mocking Rachel, never a Tattler*
---
No other animal sleeps with its vital organs exposed … well not many live in houses, fly their families across the world or practice wellness either … by her own logic, maybe she should move her family into a cave?
I also wonder what animal in the wild feels the need to post 35+ insta stories a day for validation.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I mean when you say that unless you're drunk or depressed, you would never ever roll over your baby, you are basically blaming any issues that might arise from co-sleeping on the mother. Everything she has said is basically like "a GOOD mother just knows things because of biology." Plenty of women don't feel like this for various reasons. Previous bad experiences and trauma, anxiety, etc. She shames women for following medical advice, mocks it.

It's not the same as you co-sleeping because you did your research and your hospital is supportive. Like you said, and we have all said here at various points, there's no nuance ever. She is incapable of looking at things comprehensively.

And honestly, I'd give zero fucks what she did in her personal life if she didn't have a 1.9 M platform. She's disseminating false information, passing it as fact, spreading nonscientific bs for profit because she profits from all of this. So yeah, it's not as simple.
I’m not sure if you actually read my comment. I was agreeing with this.

Hi guys! Okay admittedly I was a fan, but became disillusioned when I saw she loves drama and money more than anything else. I understand “influencers” make their money online, but she dishonest about it and doesn’t offer anything but tit stirring and faux lifestyle nonsense. When she quit veganism she was so mean to her vegan followers. I’m not vegan, but saying all vegans are judgy because she is judgmental? It’s also offensive to people who practice as a cultural practice. All bodies are different, she should probably know that but doesn’t and instead of saying “such and such works for me” she has to crap all over someone else’s beliefs, that’s not kind that’s insecure ego feeding.

I typically don’t comment online, or about so called “strangers” who make their whole lives public, but she is a capitalist grifter and I’m all for calling fraud when I see it. I revisited and saw how a local permaculturist “helped” them setup their “farm.” She throws her money at things and claims “hard work” and “manifesting” is all it took. Not to mention I looked at the permaculture account and students did the work, so there’s her free labor. No acknowledgement of her own privilege or even honesty, like nobody would fault a pregnant woman for not working on the land, but nope she has to play the role.

I feel like I bought into her brand so long, she can say trolls all she wants, but she profited off of people and continues to with no sense of contribution or caring. Her site has been recycled junk for years, she has no interest in yoga and still profits off of it. She then has the audacity to get mad when her “community” wants to engage in meaningful discussions. She’s like a politician, all ego with no compassion or accountability.

Reactions: 14
No no, you see it’s her *intuition*. Her intuition just happens to disagree with anything that any authority figure has ever said. 🙃

Seriously though, I am a proponent of connecting to intuition and all, but we have to be aware that our intuition can get clouded, especially by our biases. Rachel has an anti-authority bias. No problem with that in and of itself; it’s healthy to question authority. But authority is rarely all wrong or all right, so if you find yourself just blanket rejecting anything you’re told and doing the opposite, that’s a red flag. Rachel also has an “I’m special” bias so even when she’s presented with data, she thinks, “No, I am (or my family is) the exception.”
As suzecakes said, the hubris is off the charts. Relying solely on your intuition gets real risky when you’re not humble and sensible enough to check yourself and look at things from multiple angles.

Reactions: 8
I’m not sure if you actually read my comment. I was agreeing with this.
I did, but you seemed to say she didn't mean to say that babies who die of SIDS do so because of their mothers, whereas I think that was totally the intention and that's what my first paragraph was geared to. I don't believe it's just clumsy delivery on her part. It's very much intentional. She believes that good mothers are "wild" and superhumanly in tune with their babies, which is just not true.
---
No no, you see it’s her *intuition*. Her intuition just happens to disagree with anything that any authority figure has ever said. 🙃

Seriously though, I am a proponent of connecting to intuition and all, but we have to be aware that our intuition can get clouded, especially by our biases. Rachel has an anti-authority bias. No problem with that in and of itself; it’s healthy to question authority. But authority is rarely all wrong or all right, so if you find yourself just blanket rejecting anything you’re told and doing the opposite, that’s a red flag. Rachel also has an “I’m special” bias so even when she’s presented with data, she thinks, “No, I am (or my family is) the exception.”
As suzecakes said, the hubris is off the charts. Relying solely on your intuition gets real risky when you’re not humble and sensible enough to check yourself and look at things from multiple angles.
Yeeeeep.

She also has an education bias. In that she has none and is against actually educating herself, which isn't just reading stuff you agree, which is basically all she does.

She used to claim to have anxiety, and was constantly taking CBD for that. I now question whether that was just a lie because anyone with anxiety knows how hard it is to trust your gut/intuition when you have anxiety. There's no distinguishing your inner voice from your anxiety
---
Hi guys! Okay admittedly I was a fan, but became disillusioned when I saw she loves drama and money more than anything else. I understand “influencers” make their money online, but she dishonest about it and doesn’t offer anything but tit stirring and faux lifestyle nonsense. When she quit veganism she was so mean to her vegan followers. I’m not vegan, but saying all vegans are judgy because she is judgmental? It’s also offensive to people who practice as a cultural practice. All bodies are different, she should probably know that but doesn’t and instead of saying “such and such works for me” she has to crap all over someone else’s beliefs, that’s not kind that’s insecure ego feeding.

I typically don’t comment online, or about so called “strangers” who make their whole lives public, but she is a capitalist grifter and I’m all for calling fraud when I see it. I revisited and saw how a local permaculturist “helped” them setup their “farm.” She throws her money at things and claims “hard work” and “manifesting” is all it took. Not to mention I looked at the permaculture account and students did the work, so there’s her free labor. No acknowledgement of her own privilege or even honesty, like nobody would fault a pregnant woman for not working on the land, but nope she has to play the role.

I feel like I bought into her brand so long, she can say trolls all she wants, but she profited off of people and continues to with no sense of contribution or caring. Her site has been recycled junk for years, she has no interest in yoga and still profits off of it. She then has the audacity to get mad when her “community” wants to engage in meaningful discussions. She’s like a politician, all ego with no compassion or accountability.
Welcome to the thread @leela89 !

I also at some point liked Rachel, and I know others feel the same. Sadly, her true colors ended up being the complete opposite of what she portrayed herself to be at first.

I think she gets off feeling superior to people and being a "guru". She doesn't care about others, just wants them to adore her.

Last edited:
I did, but you seemed to say she didn't mean to say that babies who die of SIDS do so because of their mothers, whereas I think that was totally the intention and that's what my first paragraph was geared to. I don't believe it's just clumsy delivery on her part. It's very much intentional. She believes that good mothers are "wild" and superhumanly in tune with their babies, which is just not true.
---

Yeeeeep.

She also has an education bias. In that she has none and is against actually educating herself, which isn't just reading stuff you agree, which is basically all she does.

She used to claim to have anxiety, and was constantly taking CBD for that. I now question whether that was just a lie because anyone with anxiety knows how hard it is to trust your gut/intuition when you have anxiety. There's no distinguishing your inner voice from your anxiety
---

Welcome to the thread @leela89 !

I also at some point liked Rachel, and I know others feel the same. Sadly, her true colors ended up being the complete opposite of what she portrayed herself to be at first.

I think she gets off feeling superior to people and being a "guru". She doesn't care about others, just wants them to adore her.
Does anyone else remember when Instagram allowed you to see what other people liked? Dennis was very much into p*rn*graphic pictures of women wearing yoga pants with c*mel toes. He cleary wasn’t aware of this feature and got busted! I took Rachel’s $80 yoga class and lots of us fan girls had screenshot of the evidence. There’s no way Rachel didn’t know about this. During this particular class he was just hanging out not practicing with us, just watching. It was creepy and to make matters worse we were photographed the entire time without permission and later used for her marketing. Whenever I see Rachel use those photographs I just cringe on what a terrible experience it truly was. We basically paid to be in her advertising, if there’s one thing she is great at, it’s scamming people.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.