Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #4 "Ancestral" Woman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God, I despise her. In her AMA she is harping on and on about she’s planning for a wild birth. No doula, no midwives, of course no doctors because god forbid people who have dedicated their lives and trained to help others. But Lea will be part of the birth because that won’t be traumatising for her at all to see her mother in a lot of pain and hear her crying and screaming. Oh, due dates are also incredibly harmful.
FFS, please someone remove her internet access. She’s spewing so much bullshit and really thrives from creating drama.
A while ago I did report and wrote to Instagram about disabling her account for the above reasons. Never heard anything unfortunately.

Reactions: 1
I, for one, hope she actually delivers on her threat to "do away with social media altogether" for her final weeks of pregnancy. We could only be so lucky!!!

I have a bad feeling about her birth. Home birthing with a midwife is one thing but wild birthing is so stupid for me.

Reactions: 7
I have a bad feeling about her birth. Home birthing with a midwife is one thing but wild birthing is so stupid for me.
Exactly. "No outside presence". What a risky move, and unnecessarily so.

I really hope she's fine and her baby too, but someone I know had a homebirth last week, everything was fine until she started hemorrhaging. Thanks to the midwife, she made it.
---
She's so ignorant.

You can give birth at a hospital without medication. My mom did that over 30 years ago, it's nothing new.

She sounds like a total tinfoil hat. It's depressing that people this dumb are reproducing and have a platform.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Wild births are usually done out of necessity rather than choice and while more earth mother and natural, it also results in significantly higher maternal and fetal mortality rates…we are privileged to have intervention nowadays that allows mum and baby to be cared for and protected! Not knowing your gestation is utterly ridiculous as there are reasons they dont want you to go too far over and will opt for induction. So much can go wrong when a baby is left too long but she’s so obnoxious and self righteous about her entitlements as a mother that honestly it just comes across as completely naive and ignorant!

Yep. I
Exactly. "No outside presence". What a risky move, and unnecessarily so.

I really hope she's fine and her baby too, but someone I know had a homebirth last week, everything was fine until she started hemorrhaging. Thanks to the midwife, she made it.
---
She's so ignorant.

You can give birth at a hospital without medication. My mom did that over 30 years ago, it's nothing new.

She sounds like a total tinfoil hat. It's depressing that people this dumb are reproducing and have a platform.
Exactly this. I’ve had two medication free births, one at a birth centre in the US (with university educated midwives) and one through the public hospital system with midwifery care, in Australia. My second birth in particular was very much undisturbed. I understand that is not universal and that unnecessary interventions and birth trauma associated with that are a problem for many women, but Rachel is taking it to an extreme. Especially given she needed a hospital transfer with her first birth.

Reactions: 9
She’s clearly chosen to ignore the concept of hypnobirthing where you’re informed of your choices, you can make decisions about your birth but remain mindful that things can and do change. I’ve had unmedicated births. My birth centre birth had zero intervention, I had an induction for my little girl due to a thyroid condition and it was fine, just boring!
I’ve certainly never had a midwife invasively examine me 😂.
You don’t get a medal for a medical free birth, I was too late for epidural sadly!
She went to hospital last time because she mentally and physically couldn’t cope. She’s bloody lucky she didn’t live in a third world country and had the luxury of going.
I hope for the baby’s sake it all works out perfectly and nothing untoward happens. Just look at what happened to Lauren Goodger and Lorena - anything can happen with a second birth

Reactions: 5
She’s clearly chosen to ignore the concept of hypnobirthing where you’re informed of your choices, you can make decisions about your birth but remain mindful that things can and do change. I’ve had unmedicated births. My birth centre birth had zero intervention, I had an induction for my little girl due to a thyroid condition and it was fine, just boring!
I’ve certainly never had a midwife invasively examine me 😂.
You don’t get a medal for a medical free birth, I was too late for epidural sadly!
She went to hospital last time because she mentally and physically couldn’t cope. She’s bloody lucky she didn’t live in a third world country and had the luxury of going.
I hope for the baby’s sake it all works out perfectly and nothing untoward happens. Just look at what happened to Lauren Goodger and Lorena - anything can happen with a second birth
100% this!

If you listen to her first podcast she said she pleaded with Dennis to take her to the hospital and then wanted whatever drugs she could have.

She was tired after a long labour so far and wanted to give birth.

Now the story is re-written with a horrible midwife, a bad doula and a hospital full of medics that were out to get her and the baby.

I really hope it all goes ok this time (not that I think there was anything “wrong” with the first birth). In her first podcast she said it was meant to be that way and all wonderful.

She is a liar/deluded/has far too much time to sit around an overthink every little thing. And in the meantime is totally undermining a lot of medics who do an amazing job in the process of birthing millions of babies each week.

I seriously have no idea who her target audience is these days!

Hanging around in a tractor type shop cause she likes the smell of the place?

I don't get why she lies when both versions of her birthing story are on tape. Does she think her follower are stupid?

Is she really having saunas while pregnant?
That sauna blanket seems really unsanitary to me…

Reactions: 4
Is she really having saunas while pregnant?
That sauna blanket seems really unsanitary to me…
I don’t even believe her… what a dangerous woman! I couldn’t take “Hot showers” I could only took slightly warm showers during pregnancy because I would get lightheaded and I could feel overheated. It’s our woman human bodies PERIOD. there are simply some things that are not good for the body’s while pregnant. BUT of course, since it’s a medical recommendation, that now comes form the DEVIL, she is the one who knows whats good for her and SUUUUUUN… all she wants is to promote her burning 🔥 blanket and piss people off .. she pretends she does all of these things with 0 side effects.. because her instincts know best! YEAH RIGHT! I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING SHE SAYS! Nothing!

I don’t even believe her… what a dangerous woman! I couldn’t take “Hot showers” I could only took slightly warm showers during pregnancy because I would get lightheaded and I could feel overheated. It’s our woman human bodies PERIOD. there are simply some things that are not good for the body’s while pregnant. BUT of course, since it’s a medical recommendation, that now comes form the DEVIL, she is the one who knows whats good for her and SUUUUUUN… all she wants is to promote her burning 🔥 blanket and piss people off .. she pretends she does all of these things with 0 side effects.. because her instincts know best! YEAH RIGHT! I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING SHE SAYS! Nothing!
A lot of people use saunas in Scandinavia while pregnant. I go regularly to a sauna at my gym and I have seen plenty of pregnant women there all the time. Some of them I even know personally and they are people who follow medical advice. I am also reading on the Swedish healthcare system webpage about what you shouldn't do while pregnant and there is nothing advising against it.

So her wild, natural child birth includes the most consummerist bullshit nonsense...

A push present.

I don't have kids, if you have and got a push present, good for you, I love presents but God, Rachel is such a dumb hypocrite.
But push presents are so ancestral. As I’m sure hiring personal organizers to sort out your cupboards when 2 years ago you had to get rid of all of your belongings!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hiring cupboard organizers.......... Hiring 'farm' help. Someone to grow her garden. I'm sure she will hire baby help too. She must be raking in the dough with those sweat blankets. God I want to see her humbled so bad. She's such a crap person.
---
This again confirms my suspicion of her laziness. I follow so many DIY'ers are they are so inspiring. Rachel just sits there contemplating every human emotion, doom scrolling/ad shilling, then hiring others to do everything for her. Lets not forget her biggest fail Island Yoga. It wasn't just the pandemic that hurt the business, it was her half assed investment into the business seemingly. She was "burnt out" from teaching yoga so she needed a year off. The business was just a prop in her influencer virtual life. IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I never understood the ‘push present’ idea.

Isn’t your push present…….the baby?! 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 2
A lot of people use saunas in Scandinavia while pregnant. I go regularly to a sauna at my gym and I have seen plenty of pregnant women there all the time. Some of them I even know personally and they are people who follow medical advice. I am also reading on the Swedish healthcare system webpage about what you shouldn't do while pregnant and there is nothing advising against it.
Rachel? I live in the States. I am talking about my experience. I am sorry that I triggered something in you.😂 I think you are in the wrong forum honey.
---
Rachel? I live in the States. I am talking about my experience. I am sorry that I triggered something in you.😂 I think you are in the wrong forum honey.

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 2
---
I doubt she even switched the sweat bag on. Just a quick video and paid premonition to help line those big pockets.

Haha I am not Rachel. I am just Swedish and wanted to add that piece of information in case someone is interested in learning that some things in other countries can be seen as normal. No need to react that aggresively from your side either.

If someone is curious and can read Swedish, here is some information: untitled (lakartidningen.se)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.